• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

coogrfan

That shit is stupid. There's bound to be a few down years when you move up to a higher level and your senior heavy classes that got the extra year of practice graduate. Just look at ODU, they struggled this year too.

And who waits that long? They've now butchered this recruiting class...can't possibly get a coach in position in time to make an impact in recruiting.

Coker wasn't fired, he resigned. I apologize if my choice of words created a false impresssion.

bruin

Good. Some interesting tidbits I don't think I've ever actually mentioned:

His son, the QB coach, I actually met at a party in high school. Noel must have been the offensive coordinator at NC State still. Total douche.

My little brother played high school football with his other son, the one who was a wideout at UCLA for a bit. Apparently daddy was at the Jets at the time and the family moved back to NC for whatever reason. He says while he was clearly was one of the best athletes on the team, his dad's "pedigree" was the only reason why either of these two twats even had a roster spot on any college team, and probably the only reason why ole Taylor is a QB coach now. Mazzone nepotism is a scourge to society and it must be stopped.

Yeah, I can see that.

I knew Taylor was hitting this a couple years back
amanda_pflugrad_oregon_cheerleading_UU6F5RkC.sized.jpg

But you can say Brett Hundley didn't really improve at UCLA after his freshman year, even though he's a Bruin legend. And really, Rosen should be getting the most out of his QB/OC here. Taylor really has the pedigree to be a WR coach at some MTN West school.

Jedd Fisch? And I'm wrong for wanting Borges? Come on man

coogrfan

coogrfan

To me, it made Tom Herman sound less than awesome, to me.

I can understand that. I would suggest you might feel differently if you had firsthand knowledge of JL's/sportstalk 610's long history of ignoring and/or outright dissing UH. What set Herman off was the fact that Lopez reported several weeks ago that Herman had a face to face meeting with Kyle Allen on campus when no such meeting ever took place.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Vols fire DC John Jancek. Kind of surprised by that. They had some blown leads obviously, but I put that more on conservative offense.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I can understand that. I would suggest you might feel differently if you had firsthand knowledge of JL's/sportstalk 610's long history of ignoring and/or outright dissing UH. What set Herman off was the fact that Lopez reported several weeks ago that Herman had a face to face meeting with Kyle Allen on campus when no such meeting ever took place.
Two 'sports' guys in Houston Ive always hated with passion. Lopez and that Ortiz guy who used to write for the Astros at the Chronicle.

Of course Herman took a hard-line stance to that... Thats a violation if he did actually have a face to face meeting. Why the hell even go on the show though if thats the case?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No idea. He didn't want to leave as evidenced by his tweeting and retweeting after he was fired.

Butch must have someone he thinks is better lined up. He better.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Not saying that he wouldn't leave, but it would surprise me. Especially since he reportedly turned down the opportunity to interview for the LSU DC position. To me, that would seem to be a better job than the Tennessee one, to me.

-YTC

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Not saying that he wouldn't leave, but it would surprise me. Especially since he reportedly turned down the opportunity to interview for the LSU DC position. To me, that would seem to be a better job than the Tennessee one, to me.

-YTC
Big difference between living in Baton Rouge and Knoxville.

Craig7835

Good. Some interesting tidbits I don't think I've ever actually mentioned:

His son, the QB coach, I actually met at a party in high school. Noel must have been the offensive coordinator at NC State still. Total douche.

My little brother played high school football with his other son, the one who was a wideout at UCLA for a bit. Apparently daddy was at the Jets at the time and the family moved back to NC for whatever reason. He says while he was clearly was one of the best athletes on the team, his dad's "pedigree" was the only reason why either of these two twats even had a roster spot on any college team, and probably the only reason why ole Taylor is a QB coach now. Mazzone nepotism is a scourge to society and it must be stopped.

I've heard that Taylor is a shithead with some of the UCLA players,didn't know the other son was either

Craig7835

Vols fire DC John Jancek. Kind of surprised by that. They had some blown leads obviously, but I put that more on conservative offense.

Well considering how the defense shitted themselves against Oklahoma & Florida this year & not to mention shitty secondary play then yeah he had every reason to be let go

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Mazzone left College Station without signing a contract. Likely negotiating or giving Mora a chance to up the ante.

bruin

3 year deal for the Mazzone's.

QB coach/OC job open with Rosen waiting. Bet he has a lot of say who is hired.

Craig7835

Kirby Smart hired Mel Tucker to be the defensive coordinator for the Bulldogs.When he was with the Bears in 2 seasons,his defense finished 32nd for 2 years straight,so I guess in ESPN's eyes that's a good hire