• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Sources say Bob Shoops is on Tennessee campus meeting with butch jones now. OU is gonna be so pissed. This would be unprecedented.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Kirby Smart hired Mel Tucker to be the defensive coordinator for the Bulldogs.When he was with the Bears in 2 seasons,his defense finished 32nd for 2 years straight,so I guess in ESPN's eyes that's a good hire

Makes sense. Get rid of Pruitt which seems to mold top 10 defenses and get a guy that ran an NFL defense that set record lows.

UGA is going to be a dumpster fire and its fan base in total melt down mode.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, running Pruitt out of town was really dumb, but I was telling @bruin228 that UCLA wasn't going to be able to hire him.

Pruitt was a name that was connected with Michigan's defensive coordinator spot. He would have been the best possible hire, I think.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Whose couch is he stealing now?

Either Hachiko's or mine. I guess he's a finalist at Oregon for DC; if he doesn't get that, he's going to be the DL coach at UCF. My thinking is that he wants to be somewhere that he can learn a spread offense and use that knowledge going forth in HC jobs.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, running Pruitt out of town was really dumb, but I was telling @bruin288 that UCLA wasn't going to be able to hire him.

Pruitt was a name that was connected with Michigan's defensive coordinator spot. He would have been the best possible hire, I think.

I wasn't born on the 88th day of February.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Eh, I think Hoke would be a pretty decent DC. Maybe not ideal in the Pac 12 (lawd Leach will be licking his chops), but Michigan had some pretty solid defenses under him. It's not all on Mattison.

Plus, dude can coach up a DL.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I wasn't born on the 88th day of February.

Confused-Leach.gif

bruin

Hearing Kennedy Polamalu to OC and Marques Tuiasosopo as QB's coach.

Pola means more pro style O and a commitment to the run. Rosen under center?

159.gif

Also, Tui is a hell of a recruiter and moar established coach than Taylor fucking Mazzone. @Wuf

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I was texting Lil Wuf about it the other day and he copied this status from ole Gray Mazzone (former UCLA WR) figuring it was some vague reaction to his dad getting forced out

"Fans" and pencil-pushers are ruining the game I love! Forcing legendary coaches to resign, firing guys after one season? Harbaugh's tweet last night was perfect "Do not be deceived. You will reap what you sow."

Legendary coaches...LMAO. This family has had their asses kissed for too long.

PSUEagle

Hearing Kennedy Polamalu to OC and Marques Tuiasosopo as QB's coach.

Pola means more pro style O and a commitment to the run. Rosen under center?

159.gif

Also, Tui is a hell of a recruiter and moar established coach than Taylor fucking Mazzone. @Wuf

Was talking to the other Bruin about this yesterday: I think UCLA has recruited enough talent that they'd benefit from being more traditional/multiple on offense compared to the spread all day erryday that Mazzone was about. It'd help the defense by keeping them off the field a bit more, give the team a more physical edge, and enable them to use the TE's that the team has brought in. Plus it would be a reel good thing for Rosen's long term NFL aspirations.

Pola's waited a long time for the chance to be an OC and actually run the show: I really hope it works out for him.

Craig7835

Makes sense. Get rid of Pruitt which seems to mold top 10 defenses and get a guy that ran an NFL defense that set record lows.

UGA is going to be a dumpster fire and its fan base in total melt down mode.

I still question this hire & it's not a Smart one(no pun intended) I can see if Tucker's defense when he was with the Bears was like Top 5 for 2 years,but 32nd? Hell naw. Also he ran the most remedial 4-3 I've ever seen.Hell he couldn't properly run the Wide 9 when he was there. At least Pruitt had Georgia's defense in the Top 5 or 10 statistically-I could be wrong

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bob Shoop to Tennessee is official. http://espn.go.com/college-football...rdinator-bob-shoop-hired-tennessee-volunteers

Franklin has to replace both coordinators now. I wonder if he's only going to get another year at this point. It's also a huge loss for them, and that's in addition to losing their 3 best defensive lineman, which were probably also their 3 best players. Could be interesting in Happy Valley next year.

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
Nice to see Butch surprise me by getting a pretty good DC in Shoop. I am pleased with a 9-4 record this year.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Auburn's OL coach leaves the Plains to join Tubby in Cincy. Bart Scott for the fall of Malzahn.

Edit: FWIW, I'm a Malzahn fan, but he's notoriously stingy with his scheme. He's held a few clinics and charged HS coaches hundreds of dollars for him to basically go up to the podium and say, "We go really damn fast."

Malzahn's staff even went after a Michigan HS coach last offseason for posting educational videos breaking down the Auburn offense from game film he received from other coaches. The gist of the cease and desist had no legal credibility but basically said, "If you ever want a college coaching job, you'll take our film down."

Malzahn is an offensive genius, but he's apparently a reel paranoid schizo off the field.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Bob Shoop to Tennessee is official. http://espn.go.com/college-football...rdinator-bob-shoop-hired-tennessee-volunteers

Franklin has to replace both coordinators now. I wonder if he's only going to get another year at this point. It's also a huge loss for them, and that's in addition to losing their 3 best defensive lineman, which were probably also their 3 best players. Could be interesting in Happy Valley next year.

What do you mean by interesting? If you mean beating all of the teams that you're better than, and losing to all of the teams better than you...then, yeah. That's exactly what it will be.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What do you mean by interesting? If you mean beating all of the teams that you're better than, and losing to all of the teams better than you...then, yeah. That's exactly what it will be.

-YTC

What I mean is that there's a good chance Franklin is gone after next year. The ceiling for Penn State is probably 8-4, but I don't think 6-6 or worse is out of the question. I look at their schedule and their talent and they're not obviously better than most of the teams on their schedule. I'll give them Kent State, Indiana, Maryland, Purdue, and Rutgers. Maybe Temple - I don't know what Temple will look like next year. Will the fans turn on Franklin if he goes 6-6 next year?

It probably won't be that interesting on the field, because Penn State will still probably be pretty mediocre.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Reporters here are saying that Stoops is paying his own buyout. Butch Jones is the best recruiter in the nation. This is legendary. Not only does he get a head corch to leave another school to come be a DC, but he pays his own buyout? That's some Bill Brasky type shit.

Who are the candidates for OU?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
autocorrect in my phone, birck.

sorry for the grammur in this email. i am posting this from my iphone.

guardman23

Auburn's OL coach leaves the Plains to join Tubby in Cincy. Bart Scott for the fall of Malzahn.

Edit: FWIW, I'm a Malzahn fan, but he's notoriously stingy with his scheme. He's held a few clinics and charged HS coaches hundreds of dollars for him to basically go up to the podium and say, "We go really damn fast."

Malzahn's staff even went after a Michigan HS coach last offseason for posting educational videos breaking down the Auburn offense from game film he received from other coaches. The gist of the cease and desist had no legal credibility but basically said, "If you ever want a college coaching job, you'll take our film down."

Malzahn is an offensive genius, but he's apparently a reel paranoid schizo off the field.
Lol ya I knew he was a 1 hit wonder if they were smart they would find a defensive minded coach

Craig7835

Wouldn't be surprised if JFrank goes after Bill Lazor to run the offense

gilstein21

Grimes, Aub's coach was given an option to move off the field. He decided to go to Cincy closer to his family and remain an onfield coach. Hand and Gus have worked together in the past, and is the one who implemented zone read into Malzahn's system initially. I'm surprised he wasn't the OL coach from the start with Gus at Auburn. There is a chance Rhett will be gone too, but not sure on those options.