• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Addazio wants to be fired it seems:

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 10m10 minutes ago
Former Virginia Tech OC Scot Loeffler named OC/QB coach at Boston College; OC Todd Fitch will only coach WRs

giphy.gif

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Vladimir-Putin-GIF.gif

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
When Herb Hand officially announced leaving to take the Auburn OL job, here was a comment posted to the article on Black Shoe Diaries:

"I wonder if getting Moorhead had anything to do with this Hand job."

I nearly spit out my strawberry cream soda.

-YTC

bruin

Hearing Kennedy Polamalu to OC and Marques Tuiasosopo as QB's coach.

Pola means more pro style O and a commitment to the run. Rosen under center?

159.gif

Official.

Also hired Rip Scherer to coach TE's. Did not have a TE's coach on the staff the last couple of seasons.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Definitely been underutilizing the TEs (we have not had good enough WR depth to go 10 personnel that often) but if I see a bunch of I Form shit, I'm killing myself

bruin

Definitely been underutilizing the TEs (we have not had good enough WR depth to go 10 personnel that often) but if I see a bunch of I Form shit, I'm killing myself

stop trolling.

Iese has been criminally underused here. Remember what Polamalu did with Kirtman and Havili.

Last edited:

bruin

I give credit to Mazzone for introducing UCLA football to this century with his offense, but he took us as far as he could.

Pro style fits Rosen and collides with Mora's attitude. Love the move.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
One of my former corches from Cumberland was hired to be offensive line QC for Tennessee. Good guy. Hope he can use this to make a jump to a real assistant position soon.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Ohio State hires Studrawa to coach Oline. Warnier will remain O-Coordinator and take over as TE coach. Will stay in box to call plays. Tim Hinton current TE coach has retired.

Beck as QB coach I guess... or he gone.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
When Herb Hand officially announced leaving to take the Auburn OL job, here was a comment posted to the article on Black Shoe Diaries:

"I wonder if getting Moorhead had anything to do with this Hand job."

I nearly spit out my strawberry cream soda.

-YTC
+10 for cream soda callback

Renegade

Charge on!
Ohio State hires Studrawa to coach Oline. Warnier will remain O-Coordinator and take over as TE coach. Will stay in box to call plays. Tim Hinton current TE coach has retired.

Beck as QB coach I guess... or he gone.

Did they get rid of Beck?

Brick

Cupcakes served their purpose. Seems like a good hire? Hard to tell since he's never been a DC. Defenses were good at Michigan.

PSUEagle

I'd be worried: I'm almost positive he's never been a DC before (career DL coach). He also doesn't strike me as particularly bright (duh) so I'm skeptical about him trying to out scheme people.

Clancy Pendergast would have been a much stronger hire IMO.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd be worried: I'm almost positive he's never been a DC before (career DL coach). He also doesn't strike me as particularly bright (duh) so I'm skeptical about him trying to out scheme people.

He's never been a DC before, but I think this is a decent hire. He completely turned around the Michigan defense in a year - they went from giving up 35 points a game to 17 from 2010 to 2011. He also is a pretty good recruiter, and a damn good DL coach. It's not like Mattison was the only person scheming for the defense while Hoke was at Michigan.

The thing I'd be worried about is facing spread offenses. He was not great at that at Michigan. But he has a whole staff to learn from at Oregon about how to defend that. Also, the biggest threats to Oregon are, what, Stanford and USC? Both run pro style offenses, and Hoke's defenses did a damn good job against pro style offenses.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pendergast has been rumored to be going back to SC.

Hoke could be good, but I have a feeling Leach gonna drop 40 lb. boxes on him.

Craig7835

Where is Clancy? Is he still at USC or did he finally decide to stop moving from state to state & sit his ass down?

Craig7835

He's never been a DC before, but I think this is a decent hire. He completely turned around the Michigan defense in a year - they went from giving up 35 points a game to 17 from 2010 to 2011. He also is a pretty good recruiter, and a damn good DL coach. It's not like Mattison was the only person scheming for the defense while Hoke was at Michigan.

The thing I'd be worried about is facing spread offenses. He was not great at that at Michigan. But he has a whole staff to learn from at Oregon about how to defend that. Also, the biggest threats to Oregon are, what, Stanford and USC? Both run pro style offenses, and Hoke's defenses did a damn good job against pro style offenses.

Add UCLA to the Pro Style clique list also. The only thing I didn't like about Hoke was he NEVER recruited a QB. He would promote WR's or TE's who played QB in high school as the starter.Denard Robinson wasn't really a good QB either.He admitted one time that the Pro Style was 'aight' but he hated it because it doesn't let him to do what he wants. Robinson was still stuck on the RichRod Era