• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bill Harmon says Tiger has the yips: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-in-denial-about-yips-bill-harmon-tells-ted-bishop

“[Tiger] does have the chipping yips. I also think he has the yips with the driver. Fear will make anyone ordinary. When a golfer is unsure of and fears impact around the greens it’s a totally different game.”

Bill Harmon would know. He is recognized as one of the game’s top teachers and his stable of players includes Bill Haas. There is no more respected family of golf instructors in America than the Harmons -- Bill, Butch and Craig Harmon, all schooled by their legendary father, Claude.

“There are very few pros who don’t think that Tiger has the yips around the greens,” Harmon said. “The first step in solving the problem is admitting that you have a problem. That is not a weakness, but a strength.

“I don’t buy all of this release stuff. In the last two events that he has played in he had the two worst cases of yips I’ve ever seen from a Tour pro and this coming from arguably the greatest short-game player ever. I’ve had -- and sometimes still do -- the yips pitching. I know what it is when I see it. It will be interesting to see where he goes with it because as he said, he’s doing it in a public forum.”

I didn't really watch any of Tiger's round, but in the lowlight I saw, you could see Tiger lifting his head on his short game shots. That's a mechanical issue, but I think it likely happens because of the yips.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I admit that I will do the follow through club throw. Although normally it's just a club drop. I'm going to try out the caddie ball toss next time I play with DeadWoman :laughing:

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Reed-Tour-Sauce-Chase.gif

Doesn't get better than this.

-YTC

CJ_24

I've done all of those.

The best is the arrogant look down. When you hit a shot "perfectly" thus you don't even watch the ball flight because, you striper you, you know where that ball is going. I find myself doing that all the time on good tee shots. If I hit it well (and that's a big IF), I'll finish my follow through, pick up my tee and walk off the tee box while the ball is still in the air :smoking:

Carolina Blue

The wayward drive directional point naturally leads to the apology. Have a feeling I'll be using both quite a bit as I go through "The Process" this season.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Something I never realized that I did until someone called me a smug bastard for it was, when I knew I hit a great shot, that I would hold my finish for a slight second then slightly lean back on my back leg and sort of admire it. Fuck that guy though, now I man up and own that pose after a great shot.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Davis Love III is the next Ryder Cup captain.

I wouldn't call it a great pick, but I'm okay with it. I don't think we can blame a collapse from 10-6 on Love.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, that was a fun last hour. Garcia is such an epic choker. He needs to go par-par to win, one of those a par 5, and he goes bogey-bogey. That driver swing was so terrible on 18. And then the chip. Yikes.

I'm sure DJ will get over this by snorting a line of coke off Paulina. Although it's really hard to be too mad when the guy bombs a 30 foot putt on you.

Wolfman21

lol. Dude just tossed a couple hundred dollar club into the lake like it wasn't shit. My iron's are prolly 40 bucks a piece and theres no way in shit i'd do that, lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He gets them for free. He probably has 3 exact copies in his locker.

But yeah, I'm with you. I've tossed clubs before (not proud of it), but I've never tossed one into the water. Never damaged them either.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I love when the leaders are big hitters. Holmes and Watson don't seem to give a fuck where the drives go as long as they go far.