• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is this the 80s? People are still having coke problems?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Got my roster. I think my pairing of Tiger and DJ will be solid.

I'll get a birdie for each disc Tiger herniates and an eagle for every line of blow DJ does off Paulina's stomach during the tourney. I. CAN'T. LOSE. :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Gonna be a fun Sunday. Not sure they'll be able to finish, but with all those names up there, it'll be fun. Barring Rory just blowing everybody away, but I have a feeling he won't.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Vijay is sweating it out out there

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is nuts. Rory almost cratered a 2 shot lead hurrying to tee off

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They should just do foursomes to finish off every tournament

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
It was fun to watch, too bad they had to rush at the end, not that I think it would have changed anything. On the other hand play is almost always dreadfully slow so it was nice to see them get up and hit.

CJ_24

Rory's 3 wood from 284 to 7 feet on 10 on sunday at Valhalla might be the defining shot of his career. Which is funny because it wasn't the greatest swing (for him), he hit it thin. That shot, given the circumstances and the theater of the moment (handful of top players chasing the lead, phil and rickie less than 100 yards away on the 11th tee, rory 3.shots back) was incredible. That was a great golf tournament. The pga and the open were great. I think this summer was rory's "tiger in 2000" season where we was rory reach the peak of his talent potential. His swing is art.

CJ_24

The only way an opaque gentleman can get that upset with an irishman is if said irishman cost him money.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
It's deeper than that but I'm probably caring too much about it anyway but I recognize what's going on

Reel

Community Liaison
Nothing personally. Like I said, I probably care too much about it.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fuck off, @Reel. If you're not going to explain what your "problem" is with someone else, then don't clutter up a thread with your bullshit.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm saying don't come in here in the first place if you're not going to explain that fuck rory comment.

I swear, you remind me of a teenage girl with half of your posts. "I have a problem with somebody but I'm not going to say why." Jesus christ. My dogs can explain why they don't like something better than you.

Reel

Community Liaison
I WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!!! there i said it! He has a punchable face!!!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So the BMW Championship is coming here in a couple of weeks. I was looking at tickets because I want to go and see the players first hand instead of on TV. It's at a country club that's in a neighborhood - there is basically no parking. This is the same course that hosted the US Amateur 2 years ago, and they had a shuttle from about 10 minutes away that worked perfectly. It was right off the highway, so easy to get to.

I looked up the parking this time around to see what the plans were, figuring they'd be similar. NOPE. They are doing a shuttle, but from a parking lot that is between a 20 and 30 minute drive away from the course. And, the parking is so far away that it will take me about 40 minutes to get there from my house, when the course is only 20 minutes away. :emo: :emo: :emo: I'd imagine there will be people selling parking close to the golf course, but I'm not 100% sure of that. So I'm basically looking at an hour travel time to get there and back when the course is less than 20 minutes away from my house. The website claims that drop offs at the front of the country club will not be allowed, too. :emo: What a clusterfuck.

Honestly not sure if it's worth the $85 for that hassle. Plus I can only go on Sunday. It's going to be packed.

goblue96

So the BMW Championship is coming here in a couple of weeks. I was looking at tickets because I want to go and see the players first hand instead of on TV. It's at a country club that's in a neighborhood - there is basically no parking. This is the same course that hosted the US Amateur 2 years ago, and they had a shuttle from about 10 minutes away that worked perfectly. It was right off the highway, so easy to get to.

I looked up the parking this time around to see what the plans were, figuring they'd be similar. NOPE. They are doing a shuttle, but from a parking lot that is between a 20 and 30 minute drive away from the course. And, the parking is so far away that it will take me about 40 minutes to get there from my house, when the course is only 20 minutes away. :emo: :emo: :emo: I'd imagine there will be people selling parking close to the golf course, but I'm not 100% sure of that. So I'm basically looking at an hour travel time to get there and back when the course is less than 20 minutes away from my house. The website claims that drop offs at the front of the country club will not be allowed, too. :emo: What a clusterfuck.

Honestly not sure if it's worth the $85 for that hassle. Plus I can only go on Sunday. It's going to be packed.

Watch it on TV. You're frail immune system will go into complete shutdown surrounded by that many people. :laughing:

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Sounds like a hassle, but you will still have a fun time imo. Sundays are packed but still a lot of fun, especially if it is close near the end.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

-YTC

goblue96

I've had three people tell me I look like the sweet swinging ulsterman. Come at me bropaque!

Pete_punched.gif

CJ_24

The artist formerly known as tiger woods has parted ways with swing guru de juor sean "king of the salmon shirts" foley. This guy goes through instructors like they're Perkins waitresses

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Tiger needs to find someone who can tame his driver, even if he only hits it 290. That's the biggest problem he has right now. The fact that he won 5 times last year while being afraid of the driver is a testament to how incredible the rest of his game is.

I don't know enough about the golf swing to know if it has caused his back injuries, but if he could find a swing that doesn't require a ton of low back torque, that would be good too.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Went to the BMW today. It was a lot of fun. I went to the driving range for about 45 minutes at first, and then went and stood behind the green at 10 the rest of the day. The driving range was amazing to watch. I was watching Jerry Kelly warm up and it was ridiculous. The thing that really stuck with me is that he took what I think was a 5 iron and proceeded to put about 20 shots within 50 feet of each other. He's an average PGA tour guy and he's able to do that. It's incredible. My best shots with a 5 iron would be as good as his only okay shots.

The 10th green was also really cool. They had maybe 15 feet to aim at to have a birdie chance on the hole, and about 1 of every 5 players hit it. Further left was death in the bunker, and I think only 5 players hit it in the bunker all day. Only saw 2 three jacks, even though probably half of the players that had a long putt left it 3-7 feet away. Nobody missed the green away from the hole, and only one player (Woodland) missed it long. Really incredible seeing all of that.

Final thought - I wasn't really surprised by this - is that the players are pretty average sized. A lot of them are pretty small (Fowler and Rory especially). Only Els and Woodland really stood out as being large men. And Cabrera, but he's just a little Gundy fat. :laughing:

Really cool. Glad I went.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Also, I think Bubba hit his drive 380 on 10. He was well beyond where anybody else was. I think Justin Rose was actually the second longest.

G-Mac hit a shot to about 7 feet from the fairway bunker. Missed the putt though. Rory was in that same bunker and hit the green, although he was a good 40 feet away from the hole.