1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Sports Discussion' started by DeadMan, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Since CJ is dead, I'll start this.

Glad Bubba got his first win since the Masters. I was really half expecting him to lose on the 18th, but then of course he goes and birdies the hole :laughing: He's so much fun to watch play, so I hope he doesn't lose it again like he did after the Masters.

Other cool thing from the tournament was the Monday qualifier, Allred or whatever his name was, going top 5 and getting $400k for his finish. He doesn't even have enough status to play on next week's Web.com event. Though apparently his wife is due with their 3rd baby during the Honda Classic, which he qualified for. I don't get how that's even a conversation - you don't need to be there for your 3rd child. Especially considering you could be in line for another $400k instead of struggling like most non PGA tour golf pros.

2. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    I always like watching that Tournament. Alred needs to play the Honda. This isn't the Hunter Mahan situation from last year at all.

3. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    Agree 100%. If this were his first kid, I could see how it would be a hard decision. Third kid? Play the damn tournament.

4. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Match play starts today. No Tigger or Fill. But we get Rory. I haven't really looked at the brackets at all until today. It's such a crapshoot because of how a bad hole only hurts you by 1. Final Four I think

Jason Day
    Schwartzel
    Spieth
    Mahan

5. Schauwn

Schauwn Well-Known Member

Watch online somewhere?

6. Chief

Chief Lt. Fun Times

Dubuisson just won the final 2 holes to force a playoff. Brutal miss for Day at the 18th

7. Chief

Chief Lt. Fun Times

BTW Dubuisson=Doobies, son

8. Chief

Chief Lt. Fun Times

Day's caddy is being a whiny fag. I feel like he's about to collapse. #TeamDoobiesSon

9. Chief

Chief Lt. Fun Times

Doobie Son just made two of the most ridiculous up-and-downs I've ever seen to extend it. #ColdBlooded

bruin and Schauwn like this.
  10. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    Day has so much talent - I have no idea how that only his second win on the PGA Tour. He just kills the ball and putts really well. And I don't think it's something like Oosthuizen, who just cares about other things more than golf. It's strange.

Also, put Fowler on the Ryder Cup team. The people he beat this weekend - holy crap. Poulter, Walker, Sergio, Furyk, Els. Two of those players are American kryptonite and beating Furyk and Els is pretty damn impressive too.

11. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    I love Jason Day's game, but he needs to start winning more. Sometimes it just takes that one or two tournaments though to get you that confidence. He is only 26, sometimes it just takes time in golf.

I don't care for Fowler but have to agree with what @DeadMan said, assuming he doesn't tank the rest of the season, and respect for beating those guys this week. Except Furyk. I give him or anything related to him zero respect.

12. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Rors playing well this week so far.

13. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    Yeah, it reminds me of his wins at Congressional and Kiawah. Just blowing away the field so far. 4 up after 2 days is impressive.

14. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

Tiger just quit. Hard to tell what was up. Was 5 over for the day too.

15. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    They said it was his back.

Rory looks like he might be melting down. Just had 3 shots in a row from a bunker. That's something I would do :laughing:

Chief likes this.
  16. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

Oh Rory.

17. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    This is terrible golf. Good lord. Just make some pars, people. At least it will be an exciting finish.

18. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    Holy fuck what a shot from Rory. Chance for an eagle to somehow win the tournament.

19. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

We had to switch to Oscar red carpet

<--bitch maid

20. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    I'm not sure wtf I just watched. That was horrible.