• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2059 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

giphy.gif

Asgabat 7-0 doe #BLESSED

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Well Mustard Tiger had a great first week, and hopefully he can pick up right where he left off 8 weeks from now when I bring him back from his rehab... Injured running the bases :laughing:

@TonyGin&Juice this is exactly why I prefer to overpay TWO glue factory DHs!

I'm waiting for Bjorno to demand a trade. This is why I overpay for multiple SOME BUM 3Bs that can't hit.

TonyGin&Juice

Rough first week for EMILIO THE 10 MILLION DOLLAR MAN.... 1/21 at the plate and a solid -0.6 WARS WON in a single week. He should probably just eat a bullet now and save you the rest of ur investment.

Thank the Ted Nugent Heroin Jesus for those two team options.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Dermott McHeshi still got some power left, hit 2 HRs in his first week of 2059. As long as he keeps his OBP over .400 and his SLG over .400 I'll be happy he's not ready to retire yet. He's starting to look like a black man who doesn't believe in sunscreen @Reel. That Waco sun is intense!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

TonyGin&Juice

Oh man, to add insult to injury.... look at @Orlando's dude. Making 735K and hit 7 times as good as Tony's 10 MILLION DOLLAR MAN. THAT JUXTAPOSITION

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_10825.html

It's early, he's going to go on a tear and then break his back fucking Oklahoma cracker soon enough. If this guy ends up being SOME BUM like the last 1B/3B international FA I signed I'll just start pissing my money away on FA DHs one HBP away from the glue factory.

Lloyd Carr

Something is seriously wrong with our farm system setup. I've got pitchers that should be doing well, throw up ERA's in the double digits every year. I'm sure some of you are experiencing the same thing with your guys. One of my top prospects gave up 9 ER in 1.1 innings (a 60.75 ERA...wtf) in AA this past sim.

The average League ERA in AA over the past 20 seasons or so has hovered around a 5.00. Closer to a 6.00 in AAA, and down near a 4.00 in A. I think those stats are skewed way too in favor of hitting.

I think we need to make some adjustments.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
SSS/talent distribution. The league is actually pitcher skewed at the WBL level. You could maybe mess around with park factors doe. ERA doesn't matter at all in the minors

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The thing to remember in the minors is that you are playing young players out of position (because they are learning positions and gaining versatility). This means your ERA is going to be much higher due to the lack of fielding behind your pitchers. If you have a bad defense behind them, just keep it in mind or look at FIP.

You're also freaking out about 1 bad game. I've got a one poor dude with a 63 ERA because he had a BABIP of .778 which means erryone in the field was dicking the dog while he was pitching.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Dahl also just kinda blows statistically, lol. Bum probably needs a 4th year in A-ball :laughing: Now he's in AA and gonna get his asshole reamed with dat 40 stuff. I typically like to see 45+ ratings for a pitcher to do well in AA and 50+ ratings for them to do well in AAA, at least for stuff/movement. Control seems to develop a bit later for some players.

This is a dude who should play really well in his first AA year
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_10211.html

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Something is seriously wrong with our farm system setup. I've got pitchers that should be doing well, throw up ERA's in the double digits every year. I'm sure some of you are experiencing the same thing with your guys. One of my top prospects gave up 9 ER in 1.1 innings (a 60.75 ERA...wtf) in AA this past sim.

The average League ERA in AA over the past 20 seasons or so has hovered around a 5.00. Closer to a 6.00 in AAA, and down near a 4.00 in A. I think those stats are skewed way too in favor of hitting.

Instead of complaining you could, I don't know, offer up an actual productive solution?

TonyGin&Juice

Draft better.

Lloyd Carr

Ignore my prospect. I specifically gave you the data for the overall league.

A 5.00 league ERA at the AA level is ridiculous, same with a 6.00 ERA in AAA. The league settings are skewed too far to hitting. I dont know if that's something that can be manually changed or a part of the underlying code. But the settings are off and need to be changed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That guy is clearly cursed, there's your answer. If you weren't cursed I'd explain to you why league era doesn't matter but you are so I can't help you out there bud.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
A 5.00 league ERA at the AA level is ridiculous, same with a 6.00 ERA in AAA. The league settings are skewed too far to hitting. I dont know if that's something that can be manually changed or a part of the underlying code. But the settings are off and need to be changed.

Woof, how to break the WBL in 20 seconds. Glad your name isn't Ololyd.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I already brought up the positional issue and I think that's most of it. The BABIP for AAA is in the .330-345 range for all the teams in the long run, so the ERA gonna be high unless you got a strikeout king. A lot of that is going to be driven by poor fielding due to players with sub 50 positional ratings being the norm.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I looked at the park factors a long while ago... they're all geared offensively in AAA/AA. The BABIP is high and the defense sucks but lots of the parks are heavy offensive yards.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here's your current starting AA lineup and their rating by position.

C - 35
1B - 30
2B - 65
SS - 55
3B - 25
RF - 20
CF - 55
LF - 30

You have 1 player who can play his position well, 2 players who can play serviceable defense, and 5 who are tripping on their dicks. I mean your 20 rated RF is a 60 rated CF and he will be much better by the end of they year, but this is the sort of shit you have to deal with in order to make players more versatile. You are doing the right thing because development matters more than winning, that's the whole reason we have farm teams. You just need to realize that your pitchers aren't going to look very good with that 30 average rating defense behind them, particularly pitchers with average or low stuff relative to the level you are playing.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You also have to consider the fact that your prospects might just hate everything about you as a person, a manager, and as a motherfucking crew. Perhaps they are playing possum in an attempt to get you to give up on them and trade or cut them. Then they can join another team and find true success.

Lloyd Carr

This puts corch in a tough spot.

Have versatile defenders and watch all my pitchers die. Or give my pitchers some defensive help, and have no versatility.

hmmmmm

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is part of why I like drafting players who are far along in development in key areas. A) they can't really bust if they come out of college fully developed and B) They will typically light up each level of the minors and make you super excited. Unfortunately they all play like BUMS when they hit the WBL because their ceilings never improve, despite their amazing performances, but you can chalk that up to Indy Dev fuckshit.

This dude a great example of a SPREADSHEET WARRIOR. His first season in A ball and he starts out with 45 current contact and 75 rating at SS (and a 40 rating at 2B and 3B). With 45 contact and 75 positional in A ball he could probably win 10 WARS if I played him at SS all year. I'll probably promote him to AA in June and get him time at 2B and 3B to round him out defensively.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_5282.html

TonyGin&Juice

This puts corch in a tough spot.

Have versatile defenders and watch all my pitchers die. Or give my pitchers some defensive help, and have no versatility.

hmmmmm

You drafted BUMS and expected them to perform like GOATs. Travis is right - unless you've got guys with good STUFF and CONTROL/MOVEMENT with good defense to go with it you're going to see high ERAs and FIPs in the minors. The BUM in question ("The Fly") has bad stuff and control and barely ok movement right now. He might improve and be mediocre but right now he's a BUM. Don't feel bad, I have a lot of BUMS in my minor league system serving up BP. The bigger issue is you don't have a very good farm system and outside of van Ineveld, Robert Louis (a Thao clone), and Ornelas you've got a bunch of guys that have no chance of improving.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I looked at the park factors a long while ago... they're all geared offensively in AAA/AA. The BABIP is high and the defense sucks but lots of the parks are heavy offensive yards.
Plus a lot of the players just suck