• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2059 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The irony and what I got ticked about was that he's not even that good of a def catcher. If he had those stats with 5 more points in C Ability or something then sure, but that'd mean he'd have been the one I sent you in the first place anyways. It's all good, the curses will do their work

I'm sure he was even fair value for the slot too, it's just Salinas was the #2 guy so it was weird to pass up on him

Lloyd Carr

My scout already has that Catcher at 55 ability, and 60 arm. I'm hoping that gets better, but even if it doesn't, that's still decent ratings.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My catcher's RTO was kinda low last year given his 75+ LASER ROCKET ARM, but he made up for it in the playoffs when he threw out 10+ of @Wolfman's dudes in a single series :laughing: (I think only allowed 2 SBs too). Nazih had such a shit series overall, but he his throw outs and his walk off HR were the only reason we stayed in the series long enough to SHOOK.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
To put it another way, pretty much every WS winner except Boston 2013 since 2008 has had an amazing catcher. Granted 3 of them were Posey, but still

Last edited:

ZackMills

Have mercy

fuck-you-middle-finger-peter-dinklage-penelope.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think Austin Hedges will be the best Catcher in the league in 4 years and I'm 100% serious. Shame the Pads couldn't trade Norris at the deadline, would've loved to see Hedges up

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Here's my Yankwer ratings. Top 6 in NL all really tight. I'd say Top 2 are interchangable and then the next 4 are interchangable but if all of OU's young guys pan out then he could get one of those top 2 spots

NL:
Helsingborg
Vegas
Amsterdam
Lisbon
Seoul
Dublin
Berlin
Istanbul
Moscow

SL:
NDR
Kabul
False Bay
Halifax
BA
Miami
UK
LR
Buffalo

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Here's my Yankwer ratings. Top 6 in NL all really tight. I'd say Top 2 are interchangable and then the next 4 are interchangable but if all of OU's young guys pan out then he could get one of those top 2 spots

NL:
Helsingborg
Vegas
Amsterdam
Lisbon
Seoul
Dublin
Berlin
Istanbul
Moscow

SL:
NDR
Kabul
False Bay
Halifax
BA
Miami
UK
LR
Buffalo

Moscow over IST and LR over UK, but the rest isn't objectionable.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think the NL is in pretty defined thirds, though I think Istanbul is in that 4-6 group.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Dublin has a sneaky good staff, and Lisbon got some nice upgrades (and also has a sneaky good staff). Only team who didn't get noticably better was Seoul but they won a lot of games last year anyways. ToGo might carry the team doe so IDK what IST will do

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
At the beginning of each season after training camp, I let the CPU set my depth chart just to see what ASS CORCH thinks, and it is usually pretty close to what my plans are so I make a couple of adjustments and then move forward.

This year he had Mustard Tiger in RF :scared: ... clearly didn't get the memo on my roster strategy regarding defensive range necessary to cover my infinite outfield.

Soonerfan09

I'm ready to go.

I spent the last 3 or so hours setting all my lineups and pitching staffs. I have a much better idea of what we have compared to what the rest of the league has and how far away from actually competing. I'll be able to go into the next draft and off season with a clear plan for the team.

I think we'll be better than last year, but not a whole lot better. We'll be relying hard on INTANGIBLES, led by HALL OF GOAT Chim Lam.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Speaking of players who could win -40 ZRs, When I signed Stuart Binning I noticed he had a really bad season in 2053 with -1.7 WARS WON... but then his OPS+ was around 100 so this didn't make any sense because he's a good defensive outfielder.

I look down at the fielding stats and see @Bdub played him 158 games at 3B (with no previous experience at the position) to rack up a solid -40 ZRs. :scared: That's worse than @Reel doing felipe brito dirty.

Soonerfan09

At the beginning of each season after training camp, I let the CPU set my depth chart just to see what ASS CORCH thinks, and it is usually pretty close to what my plans are so I make a couple of adjustments and then move forward.

This year he had Mustard Tiger in RF :scared: ... clearly didn't get the memo on my roster strategy regarding defensive range necessary to cover my infinite outfield.
I keep forgetting about the CPU set depth chart, so I just blew everything up and started over (I did it about 2-3 times through last season as well). It would probably save me a lot of time though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm pretty sure you guys aren't talking about this but fyi you can have the cpu set depth charts based on your lineup, I use that to fill in the backups.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Also I counter with ASGABAT LEGEND DAVID LOPEZ who was just called up the to the big leagues! His WHITE HOT Loyalty to the WANDERERS will bring the stylings and passion of Tajikistan to the Istanbul main roster!

Or how about Southpaw Manuel Jimenez? Just $1M SQUIGGLIES and this guy will be my 2nd best SP because he was listed as a RP! http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_6273.html

I didn't want to let Manuel go, but he shit all over hisself last season and still wanted like $5m/ yr.