• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 Offseason Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think there is some glitch if you release them they show up again after arb hearings.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I honestly can't remember if I released them or just wrote zero or withdrew or what I did. It's cool though, Roman is gone with the hunger games so I just have this loathsome creature for a year.

Wolfman21

So question:

Are we going to spring training tonight or will we do a 3 day sim tonight and a 2 day sim tomorrow to get to spring training?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
His stuff dropped. Saying he died is an over reaction.

I'll go 3 days today and then half way through ST tomorrow.

Wolfman21

His stuff dropped. Saying he died is an over reaction.

I'll go 3 days today and then half way through ST tomorrow.

his stuff dropped 10 points and his movement dropped 5. Sinker dropped 5, curveball dropped 10, changeup dropped 15, splitter dropped 10 and knuckle curve dropped 5. Saying he died is obviously an overreaction, but to just say "meh, his stuff dropped" is an equally under-reaction.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You put your best offer in and hope they sign with you. They can play the second half of ST.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
his stuff dropped 10 points and his movement dropped 5. Sinker dropped 5, curveball dropped 10, changeup dropped 15, splitter dropped 10 and knuckle curve dropped 5. Saying he died is obviously an overreaction, but to just say "meh, his stuff dropped" is an equally under-reaction.
I don't think it's an under-reaction. I'd probably argue he is still the best pitcher, but we will see. Interesting it happened to him before Naka when Naka is fragile. Kasib has thrown a ton of innings though.

Lloyd Carr

So, Boys started a game as the Catcher last year (played 10 innings). He also started a game as Shortstop (played 9 innings) last year. And came in as the Left Fielder as a sub (played 6 innings). And in 2051 he played 0.2 innings as the Right Fielder.

wat? @Wendell Gee

Wolfman21

Really excited for the next couple seasons. Will prolly have my most well rounded squads I've had since I joined.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So just to be clear, next sim will be the start of spring training? I want to call some players up to the ST roster without placing them on the 40 man and that doesn't seem to be an option yet because ST does't start for 2 days.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Excited to have signed REX ROWE to a 1 year contract because why not! He should return around the all star break and provide my some LEADERSHIP! If he doesn't provide the right leadership at the WBL level, he will provide it for the Waco Satanic Goats!

Wolfman21

So just to be clear, next sim will be the start of spring training? I want to call some players up to the ST roster without placing them on the 40 man and that doesn't seem to be an option yet because ST does't start for 2 days.

Yup. My only problem with doing it this way. I've had to wait for the 2nd ST sim the last few years to make my non roster invitees

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Can we please get these FA bums to hurry up and take somebody's money so we can finish setting lineups? Plz?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NOOOOO I wanna get my youngins full spring training reps! Sim to the 1st day and let us non-mongs set ST rosters! Don't capitulate to mongs who can't figure out the difference between ST roster and 40 man!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
NOOOOO I wanna get my youngins full spring training reps! Sim to the 1st day and let us non-mongs set ST rosters! Don't capitulate to mongs who can't figure out the difference between ST roster and 40 man!
Can you figure it out in a few days? That's the real question.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando could you take those guys off my 40-man when you sim tonight? Let me know if you need their names again
There wasn't a way to do it. You might have to DFA them. I changed them to minor league deals, but the 40-man I couldn't change.

@OU11 do you know if it's possible?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You dummies who can't figure out the difference between the 40 man roster and the spring training roster (only accessible once spring training starts) are ruining this league!

Once spring training starts you go to ROSTER AND TRANSACTIONS and use the pulldown menu to select SPRING TRAINING ROSTER. This is different from the 40 man roster and allows you to call up players for spring training without putting them on the 40 man roster. It is really useful for position development.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just set it up so I wouldn't have to fix your mistakes later this time. No blame.