• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 Offseason Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
All right so I have simmed up to the draft so when we are done one of the O's can import it.

Here is your schedule:

NOW Until tonight you can do ARB if you are home

Arb and Rookie tonight

HOF and Ticket Prices tomorrow night

FA Wednesday night

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
DWhgXbS.png

Wolfman21

man i really dicked it with my finances last year. Never good when your starting balance is -15 mil :thumbsup:.

Its cool though. I don't really need to add any players from free agency and i can skim a lil off the scouting budget to make due. Plus my payroll will be much less this year. I should be back in the green at years end.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I want to make some trades. Want to move Kelly, Worm or Juarez.

A legit catcher would be nice. RP would be nice.

I'm willing to go Buffalo and trade all future assets to win now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I want to make some trades. Want to move Kelly, Worm or Juarez.

A legit catcher would be nice. RP would be nice.

I'm willing to go Buffalo and trade all future assets to win now.
I still have RP

NML

Could we advance to post draft now? Maybe we could advance to tickets HOF later tonight?

/guy who has Wednesday off and wants to sperg on FA

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So there really isn't anything important to do this sim, other than sign extensions, team options, cut players, right?

Last edited:

Wolfman21

No, that money is already in the budget, so that doesn't matter. There's just no point as all the next file will be doing is adding our draft picks

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't really get ur troll posts here @Orlando, I draft on time always because my immersion is at 1000. We also went through rounds 8-15 in like a single afternoon today. It wasn't even like the league knew the draft was going to end today, afternoon Shampship sims were an amazing bonus and today was super fun.

If there's any actual concern about the draft holding up sims, let's crank up the draft timer. It's amazing to me that you scoff at my requests to crank the draft timer and then complain about the draft fans taking two hours to get through the last five rounds. :laughing: The draft moves slowest at the beginning. That's fair in the first and second rounds I suppose, but getting stuck for hours in the third round and later is brutal.

Back in the UBL I suggested the 15 round draft here based on OOTP best practices from the forums, but I do think the draft could be clipped at 10 rounds. We really draft too many people for the size of our minor league systems.

But if we're doing 15 rounds I'm going to draft to need / lottery ticket with those last seven rounds or so. My system was low on catchers, so I picked some up. I'm low on lefties so I drafted some.

jdlikewhoa

I have a catcher for doh but he values players weird and probably thinks my GOAT is worth 2 AAAA guys and a has been CIF

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't really get ur troll posts here @Orlando, I draft on time always because my immersion is at 1000. We also went through rounds 8-15 in like a single afternoon today. It wasn't even like the league knew the draft was going to end today, afternoon Shampship sims were an amazing bonus and today was super fun.

If there's any actual concern about the draft holding up sims, let's crank up the draft timer. It's amazing to me that you scoff at my requests to crank the draft timer and then complain about the draft fans taking two hours to get through the last five rounds. :laughing: The draft moves slowest at the beginning. That's fair in the first and second rounds I suppose, but getting stuck for hours in the third round and later is brutal.

Back in the UBL I suggested the 15 round draft here based on OOTP best practices from the forums, but I do think the draft could be clipped at 10 rounds. We really draft too many people for the size of our minor league systems.

But if we're doing 15 rounds I'm going to draft to need / lottery ticket with those last seven rounds or so. My system was low on catchers, so I picked some up. I'm low on lefties so I drafted some.

jdlikewhoa

Set a list then you selfish prick

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

tl;dr

But you'll who took forever to draft are the ones complaining about being bored and asking for extra sims now :laughing:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
When did I ever "take forever"? The longest you'll waited on me in this draft was probably 45 minutes in any round.

I actually did set lists @jdlikewoah. I've also been a noted tagger and PMer of people holding up the draft for years on this site.

Now let's get ready for 4 weeks of offseason bidding sims since that doesn't bore HAVES.