• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 Offseason Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
You dummies who can't figure out the difference between the 40 man roster and the spring training roster (only accessible once spring training starts) are ruining this league!

Once spring training starts you go to ROSTER AND TRANSACTIONS and use the pulldown menu to select SPRING TRAINING ROSTER. This is different from the 40 man roster and allows you to call up players for spring training without putting them on the 40 man roster. It is really useful for position development.

File up.

Set your spring rosters.

Hmmmmmmm

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There wasn't a way to do it. You might have to DFA them. I changed them to minor league deals, but the 40-man I couldn't change.

@OU11 do you know if it's possible?

It is not as far as I know. I have spent a bit trying to do that for people over the years, haven't found a way. DFA is the only way I think

NML

I'll just keep there, it is what it is. Ware is the only player that got added that I would've liked to wait on.

The spring training and cups of coffee will help him, I'm sure.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll just keep there, it is what it is. Ware is the only player that got added that I would've liked to wait on.

The spring training and cups of coffee will help him, I'm sure.
You could DFA Ware

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pumped for DECADES OF DOMINANCE roster. Got a nice mix of youngins up getting some new position experience over ST with the old hands getting enough work to make sure they are RIGGERS READY 2 ROLL!!!

I generally dicked up Free Agency completely, but I was really excited to get this dude Pedro "Vote 4" Chavez in FA because @Yankee151 didn't give a fuck about him. He's been a pretty solid 1.5-2 WAR WBL player and he won 2+WARS in half a season last year. Everyone trogging at eachother over bobandy and this dude fell to me at $1.2M/year. Couldn't believe my luck! I'll start him against LHP and then Rotate him in for Clement Launay at 2B pretty regularly when I want Clement to give other players a break. Also picked up @Lloyd Carr castoff Donald Mason and paid him $5m this season just so I could give him a rigger retirement (or shit on him if he sucks) because fuck Lloyd for stealing the pitcher I really wanted...

The RP I tried to sign trogged at me AGAIN and AGAIN asked for the same contract. So weird. I offered to pay him way too much this season, so he better sign this sim, or he's just retarded.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea I'm actually dumb letting Chavez go, but everyone else dumber for not starting a bidding war over him. I did want Roughing up your Fries but Lloyd Lloyded me out of him so I'm stuck with my hunger games draftee and team PHONY Holden Caufield.

jdlikewhoa

Yea I'm actually dumb letting Chavez go, but everyone else dumber for not starting a bidding war over him. I did want Roughing up your Fries but Lloyd Lloyded me out of him so I'm stuck with my hunger games draftee and team PHONY Holden Caufield.
Stop it. There's none dumber than you.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
a 2 war player being signed for 1 million is one of the best deals of this offseason or any offseason so yes everyone else is dumb for not jumping on it

jdlikewhoa

Your original statement was that everyone was dumber than you.

It might be dumb that someone didn't bid him up but 2 WAR in a contract year isn't unheard of. He's average. Though he'll probably put up 6 WAR this year. North Dakota is the new Amsterdam/OKlahoma

Wolfman21

my fan interest went up 9 from 84 to 93 just by signing David Lopez to a contract extension. In return, my projected attendance and gate revenue skyrocketed and my projected budget for next year went up 10 mil. nice

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Overpaid to get Aguilar back in the fold, but I need all the offense I can get.

Funk, Aguilar, Rice going 3-4-5 in the lineup seems okay. Maybe young guys Roberge and Soliz can do some stuff.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
HAVES

giphy.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Tony running the pirates straight into the ground

Blame it on the ADD but I learn things by doing them (usually wrong). No better way to learn how these bum ass FA operate than signing a couple of them to bad contracts. At least with your buddy Obke and Petter North they're only one year deals with low buy outs for the option years if they're trash. Carrillo was the only one that was just a flat out terrible signing but I went into that one knowing it was a bad signing.

Let's all be real though - at least I didn't sign Boys.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Carillo and Petter are good signings. $10m maybe a little high, but worth it if you start him.