• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 Offseason Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Shrug. I presented some options. I'm a fast sim fan for sure. Lots of leagues operate with fast sim rules. Guess we'll be bored for another week.

jdlikewhoa

Shrug. I presented some options. I'm a fast sim fan for sure. Lots of leagues operate with fast sim rules. Guess we'll be bored for another week.
Why not disappear for two weeks in the offseason when you're done making offers instead of during the season when being around actually matters?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Why not disappear for two weeks in the offseason when you're done making offers instead of during the season when being around actually matters?

I can't believe you have such a bone to pick with me after that stupid rule debate, which just forced you to find more lucrative trades. SO MAD. That said, I export daily, season or off-season. Are you mistaking me for Yankee?

Shit, I probably have 3 posts per sim even if it's September and I'm 50 games out of the wild card and I'm posting about my AAA squad.

jdlikewhoa

I can't believe you have such a bone to pick with me after that stupid rule debate, which just forced you to find more lucrative trades. SO MAD. That said, I export daily, season or off-season. Are you mistaking me for Yankee?

Shit, I probably have 3 posts per sim even if it's September and I'm 50 games out of the wild card and I'm posting about my AAA squad.
I'd already forgotten about our rule debate. Now I'm bout to come reel hard at you.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Huh, one month sims and everyone signs to the highest offer every month.
I don't even understand what this means, but the majority of people sign after 4 days which is why we decided on 3.

Other league also sim 3 times a week. So we could really slow things down. I think we are faster than most, but we can talk about speeding things up. Two week or one month sims are pointless though.

You are also pretty much always the one who brings it up :laughing: don't try blaming someone else.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think if we get real bored one year before we launch to spacetopia we should do a single sim offseason. Just pure insanity where you have to play price is right for everyone. Obviously would be terrible for the league, but I'd be interested to see how much collusion happened and what strategies people used :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't hear that many complaints about boredom. I feel like more people complain about the postseason than the offseason.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I honestly thought we were simming a week in the offseason just like the season. I'm not sure why we should sim slow to promote a free agency where we can counter endlessly. This is obviously advantageous to HAVES but it drags out so slowly. So I thought I was just suggesting going at double speed.

Sorry I'm bored? There's no action except the HUNGER GAMES and logging in to meet demands.

Add me to the list that also knows not what the hell this means.

I'm not sure what's complicated. If you sim long periods during the off-season it turns from a tedious bidding war to a blind auction because players accept the highest offer. I didn't expect anyone to be interested.

Lloyd Carr

I enjoy the longer off-season sometimes. It's good for when you get burned out, so you get a few days off from the game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah that's the other thing. Coordinating everyone to sim these longer sims is just a pain. You can miss sims during the season and not miss much. This creates the same situation for the offseason.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm partial the Loathsome for obvious reasons, but I always laugh at "Popeye" nakamura because he looks like that google-eyed dude from The Waterboy. I also like "Get A Brain!" Moran and Carl "Coral" Cartwright.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm partial to 0-10 Adams and Deckerades of Dominance or whatever Yankee is calling Decker.

I love the organic nicknames. I want to start a nickname request thread so these organic ones get in games (plus Kella) but I think I'm on thin ice with Orlando today.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That was yesterday. You haven't dumbed much yet today, but it's still early. There is a commish request thread. Put them in there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. Like I think Bish has a nickname, but no one uses it. Same with Naka, even though Popeye was fitting. Some stick more than others.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Not my only reason for the Cash To Be Gone Later trade, but getting Goodwin fulfilled that stupid owner requirement to get a gold wizard. Old Draino and I have had our differences, but I think we have a bright future together.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Did we get a Moscow replacement yet? Assuming there is one and I didn't misinterpret that sequence of events

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Another day of the thrilling offseason.... Log in to check if Lloyd has bailed on his promise to BOYS... and then I'm done. Holding my money hostage because I'm not pulling my offer.

Wolfman21

@everyone, as long as sims happen everyday, schedule will be:

Friday nights sim will take us to ST. Have your 40 man set for Saturday night.

Saturday and Sunday nights will sim spring training. Make sure to have your 25 man roster set for opening day on Monday night. If you have non roster invitees, make sure they're either placed on your 40 man or sent down to minors.