• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 WBL Season Thread

Wolfman21

no sim....but we get a knight's tale riddle about ricardo alonzo

shit.gif

Lloyd Carr

I love how the guy who won the ship last season isnt paying attention, and the runner up quit the league before the playoffs started.

immersion increasing!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Schauwn has really transitioned well into being a HAVE. Win world series, have your team playing extremely well despite giving zero fucks about setting ur lineups because you were doing something "important" like having a babby... and then show up with the "How's Lisbon Doing?" You HAVES, always acting like weddings/births/etc are more important than the WBL. SMDH.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also what is going on why do I have the two best hitters in the league and the worst rotation

Talisman with a 30 ERA, he really wants to let the rest of the team know they can do it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fuck I hate Key West so much. I can't remember the last time I won a series against those cocksuckers. We need to find a new owner to re-brand them and make me hate them less.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also what is going on why do I have the two best hitters in the league and the worst rotation

Talisman with a 30 ERA, he really wants to let the rest of the team know they can do it.

I about died when I saw this :laughing:

Douglass still has a batting average of 0.000

Still, the riggers are in 2nd in the South and Istanbul is 7-5 since adding TALISMAN CICIO...

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It looks like the website didn't completely update- individual player pages don't reflect the stats shown on the team pages.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It looks like the website didn't completely update- individual player pages don't reflect the stats shown on the team pages.

The game summaries are screwed up too.

BTW, I'm glad JESUS seems to be playing well for you so far. I always knew he'd do well when he got out of the Dyson Sphere.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also, neither Jesus can hit lefties. Sons of GAWD my ass.

You know, he's one of the players that got me questioning that L/R ratings split because he always hit Lefties better than I'd expect, given his ratings. His overall hitting was always a disappointment for me, but I recall him being pretty even on his L/R splits. Small sample size thing? I wish there was a way to easily look up his career L/R splits on the website.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
You know, he's one of the players that got me questioning that L/R ratings split because he always hit Lefties better than I'd expect, given his ratings. His overall hitting was always a disappointment for me, but I recall him being pretty even on his L/R splits. Small sample size thing? I wish there was a way to easily look up his career L/R splits on the website.

I agree, but it seems random. Some guys have decent ratings against LHP and hit like shit, while others look like JESUS and end up doing ok. It probably has a lot to do with what LHP you face.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have a pull hitter who really struggles against same side pitching and I have a spray hitter who seems to do fine against same side pitching, so I thought that might have something to do with it? It is kind of hard to tell for me though because of how far off my park factors are, lol, so that probably is most of the difference between spray/pull performance.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I have a pull hitter who really struggles against same side pitching and I have a spray hitter who seems to do fine against same side pitching, so I thought that might have something to do with it? It is kind of hard to tell for me though because of how far off my park factors are, lol, so that probably is most of the difference between spray/pull performance.

Does that even apply in real life? I would think it would be harder to pull an opposite side pitcher because they can nibble on the outside corner easier. Also lefty ball movement on a 2 seam tails away. RHP two seamer would sink inward to a RHB making it easier to pull. HMMM.

A vicious pitch is a two seamer / sinker under the hands of an opposite batting hitter catching the inside corner, if I could throw 94 I would do this all day long. It didn't work that well when I threw 84 IIRC.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Does that even apply in real life? I would think it would be harder to pull an opposite side pitcher because they can nibble on the outside corner easier. Also lefty ball movement on a 2 seam tails away. RHP two seamer would sink inward to a RHB making it easier to pull. HMMM.

A vicious pitch is a two seamer / sinker under the hands of an opposite batting hitter catching the inside corner, if I could throw 94 I would do this all day long. It didn't work that well when I threw 84 IIRC.

I don't understand the meaning of any of the words.

I guess I wasn't focusing on the Batter/Pitcher matchups so much as I was wondering about how the Spray/Pull play in with park factors. In my case I have like a 0.8/1.00 RHB/LHB park factors so RHB guys seem to REALLY struggle against RHP in my park (like 50 contact guys hit .225 in that matchup)... but the guy who is a RHB spray hitter (Lares) didn't seem to struggle as much as the guys who were normal or pull hitters (Dani Rod and several other RHB outfielders I've moved).

Lares is sucking to start this year, so maybe not the best example, but he has a pretty solid 3 year stat base where he's really the only "average" contact RHB to succeed for me (my good RHBs all have like 55/60 contact)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Send me a PM, lol. Mike Ducklow is available for FREE!

I think it is partially because we are at similar development stages (I might be a year or two ahead in that my core group is in the WBL)

I think it's because my biggest organizational philosophy is to Costner as much as I can and I haven't developed a strong enough roster building strategy that we're at complete opposite spectrum. Taheeha or mahoha, jelly donuts.