• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 WBL Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
ARE YOU READY?

Ate my customary opening day meal of stadium brats for good luck last night and made sure ol' Douglass Tagg was on the 25 man roster! riggers ready 2 roll!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm not mad, but a redo would be better. I was at a wedding and wouldn't have been able to export in between the two exports.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
riggers get an undefeated sim and everyone wants a redo. HMMMMMMM. Uncomfortable with DECADES OF DOMINANCE?

Trolling aside, if a redo makes things better for the league, I support it. Fate and the OOTP Gods know that the riggers will dominate for decades to come, so I shouldn't be greedy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That was the usual weekend sim schedule to be honest. Sunday morning and Sunday night :laughing:

Lloyd Carr

I dont even understand what happened this sim.

I had 7-day rosters on I thought and my lineups were way off. Maybe I forgot to set them? I dunno.

Edit: there's a good chance I just forgot to set my lineups. I know I did the pitchers, but I might have gotten distracted and forgot to do lineups.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Has anyone ever had a player who was 60+ position rated at 7 spots?

Clement Launay is my closest so far but I didn't have him in the minors for long enough to get the 3B sorted and despite some time at CF in preseason and a little bit as backup he's not going to hit 60 without playing there full time. Plus his intangibles aren't great for learning quickly.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_9762.html

But now I've got this dude Melvin Pederson in the minors and even though his raw fielding ratings aren't as good, he seems to pick up new positions a lot more quickly (High INT, Normal WE). He's already 60+ at 2B, SS, 3B, and RF. Obviously 1B and LF would probably be 60+ with spring training and half a season each. He's got a start on CF with a 30 rating and my position tool predicts him maxing out at a 55-60 at that position (his range is only 55 but his error is 70). I think I'll start him at CF this season in AAA, since I don't have any key prospects there yet and see what happens.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_7759.html

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, you definitely need a Talisman. I bring Douglass Tagg back up to the WBL, he goes .000 at the plate, but the riggers are undefeated!

Leader Ability: VERY HIGH
Talisman Powers: VERY HIGH

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If no redo, then I demand a morale boost for all my players by +10 to compensate for the 5 losses that would've been wins had I been in possession of TALISMAN Cicio

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Wat wat, a 12 hour window isn't enough for the most important sim of the year.

Don't redo if you don't want, I know it would be hard to reschedule the parade in Little Rock. But my top prospects had service time burned so I'm extending them all six years at the one year mark instead of five.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Well the morale of my top prospects is going to in the crapper once I have to invert their development @Reel style. Also if Vader's arm explodes in the next month after CPU started him I'm going to lose my mind.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@Orlando Are you going to redo the sim?

We always waited on cut sim in the past, even though people would yell MOAR SIMZ it's pretty much the one sim per year that you have to do. On multiple years we waited a day for people to cut it down.

My system is a flipping mess because of this. Top prospects all promoted, players DFAd, etc.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All these HAVES with records of .500 or below are "ok with Re-sim" SHOCKING. I bet Kabul and LV probably are in favor of re-sims just so poor Rad doesn't get screwed too....

Look what you are enabling, Rad... riggers, Lisbon and LRM jump out to hot starts and you giving the HAVES a second chance? SMDH

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
What if we split reality at this moment and have one commish sim forward with each file? I'd like to know what bizarro world riggers accomplish with their 5-0 start...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Mr. Radpants trying to give me colon cancer by forcing me to have my traditional opening day meal of Stadium Brats 2 nights in a row... really testing the non-aggression pact.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We should probably just cancel the WBL entirely. riggers are in their rightful position atop the league, so I'd be ok with this.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It was two sims in one day, I figured when I downloaded the file at 11am and updated my team I wouldn't have to re-download again in the middle of the day.
Well it happens quite often on weekends, so not sure why you figured that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando Are you going to redo the sim?

We always waited on cut sim in the past, even though people would yell MOAR SIMZ it's pretty much the one sim per year that you have to do. On multiple years we waited a day for people to cut it down.

My system is a flipping mess because of this. Top prospects all promoted, players DFAd, etc.
I don't get why I should resim, but I don't even have a file to do so. I actually prepared for my absence on opening day. I guess I could get it from one of you if someone hasn't downloaded yet.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It was two sims in one day, I figured when I downloaded the file at 11am and updated my team I wouldn't have to re-download again in the middle of the day.
You downloaded the first one? So you had the one where we were at opening day? Idk when anything happened really, but i think it was around 10am so 11am your time when i uploaded the file. If it wasnt the opening day file i guess you downloaded friday nights? The only file you needed to download and update was the AM file.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Did anyone other than @Mr. Radpants have major issues? Maybe I can just fix his roster instead of waiting for the entire league to re-export for opening day.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If you exported after downloading the sim last night (through week one), you will need to do everything over again for opening day.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Can you just put his minor league players back on MILCs? Then we can just get rid of that terrible 5 year rule and I can sign Douglass Tagg to a 20 year contract, as GOD intended.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You downloaded the first one? So you had the one where we were at opening day? Idk when anything happened really, but i think it was around 10am so 11am your time when i uploaded the file. If it wasnt the opening day file i guess you downloaded friday nights? The only file you needed to download and update was the AM file.

No, I was working on an older sim around 11 our time. Looking back I probably exported right when you ran the sim.

Before the weekend, I figured that I could export every night or next morning and be fine. But on Sunday I was in a wedding, I was unavailable from 11:30am until past midnight.

@Orlando I can send you want got jacked up if you want. I didn't realize everyone would have to redo work.

The CPU promoted guys from AA and cut actual starters so that's why I'm concerned.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The CPU promoted guys from AA and cut actual starters so that's why I'm concerned.

Well DFA'd technically.

I mean my prospects are better than my starters so I get it but I'm not ready to start their clocks yet.

669.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
PM me what is reasonable and I'll fix it. I think it's more unfair to everyone else to resim. In the future just assume we sim once a day and twice if it's missed the day before. It's normally done by noon your time. I understand the frustration, but (this isn't just for you) if there is a chance you will miss opening day I'd try to set everything as early as possible and ignore spring training.