• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 Hot Stove

NML

I also expected the IFA 3B Garcia to go for more money. Good work @NML

Happy to get him. I think he'll develop really well and he was, IMO, the best IFA out there (though I also liked the CF).

That said, I needed to plan out my off-season strategy. I basically just made a bunch of offers on people, IFAs and FAs, and then every sim I'd just go down the line and offer more if they wanted it. That cost me a couple prospects and Patrick Rauch because I ran out of money.

But, if Hot Stuff is the consolation prize, I'll take it.

NML

Never saw Tarantula haha. I have a filter set for having at least 1 PA or IP. Whoops

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I thought so, that's why I have him tons of fake money. I'm not going to defend my contacts though, I don't care what you think.

Wolfman21

Looking at the FA market, there are a couple contract extensions that I signed that I'm regretting right now.

osick87

Community Liaison
Sad to see Soto go.

ToGo's first full season was magic but he could never get on base enough for my liking. Hope he does well for Kabul.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Good night, sweet prince.

Had such a bad ass curve
I remember when you drafted him the curve was all he had. The rest of his pitches were pretty bad. He had a half season here or there where he was really good.

Reactions: NML

osick87

Community Liaison
Also if someone needs a solid Corner OF with meh defence for cheap. Jeff Day was solid for me his 2nd year.

osick87

Community Liaison
You know looking at this FA pool and the IFAs this would have been a good year for expansion. /ducks

Lloyd Carr

wat?

I offered Aidan Davies 4-yrs/$73M and he signed with San Francisco at 4-yrs/$61M

I continue to be amazed at how things play out in this game. I'll never understand it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Additionally, my offer never changed from "Pending" when I submitted the offer on Saturday morning. My shitty administrative staff probably didn't submit the proper forms and he never even received a copy of the contract offer.

That's what happens when you don't pay them.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm still working on my Team Thread post on how Van Aaken returned from 8 years of intergalactic military service fighting a race of sentient Tarantulas in the Triangulum Galaxy where he earned his nickname, and he's now getting back into the game of baseball. Since Curaco produces a lot of stars in our league I'm just assuming they're also a major superpower on the interstellar council ruling earth.

Lloyd Carr

$15m a year to live in San Francisco vs. $18m a year to live in Buffalo seems like an easy choice to me.

Well that $15M in San Francisco is basically $100M in Buffalo.

Edit: My mistake: "A salary of $18,000,000 in Buffalo, New York should increase to$59,010,811 in San Francisco, California"

lawd

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So when I was gone hunting a few weekends ago, I put my draft on AUTO (because I don't like wasting other people's time)... and the CPU drafted a CF with 40 potential contact..... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Good defense, good base running, good power, etc.

Well I was going through my minor leagues today... and I see my scout has some mystery player rated as my 4th best pitching prospect.... wait a second, that's the same guy who is my 2nd best CF prospect too!

So there he is, what a unique combination of skills... ++ OF defense (Bad pitching defense?), ++ base running, 55/65/55 pitching with 50 stamina and 3 pitches (2 good). I guess I'll eventually put him in the bullpen and also use him as pinch runner/defensive sub? :laughing:

21423618313_de5c7044cc_b.jpg

Wolfman21

hes like a worse neanderthal, congrats.

Seriously though, those are my favorite prospects. Tough decision, cuz he could be a good reliever but if you put him in the OF and his contact/gap ratings improved to go with that power...you'd have a super outfielder on your hands.