• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 Hot Stove

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Luh two way players. I posted an amazing one in the General thread a while back.

I've done serious research into two way players and it's really hard to make it work because of fatigue, sim schedules, etch.

Lloyd Carr

So annoying that I didn't have the chance to increase my offer for Davies (and even more annoyed he signed for $10M less than my offer).

Thinking about just putting it all on CPU control and bailing for the next 3 seasons until I can tank.

Lloyd Carr

Lol, we all know you gonna quit when that shit pile falls apart and we're going to have to institute a LLLLLLOYD rule about trading away future picks :(

I'd rather play when the team falls apart. I don't win with a good team, so I'd rather just play around in the minor leagues than waste the time making a solid WBL team, only to fall apart in the playoffs year after year.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'd rather play when the team falls apart. I don't win with a good team, so I'd rather just play around in the minor leagues than waste the time making a solid WBL team, only to fall apart in the playoffs year after year.

Haha, except you'll have no picks or prospects to play around with.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
JIrnT7Q.gif

Didn't you just play for the Shampship? Now you're going to quit over Aiden flipping Davies? We need a nickname for this dude ASAP. How about "Cookies"?

Quit crying. Did you even finish digging this hole before you started complaining about it? Quitting is against the rules and so is making new rules. If you force us to make new rules I'm going to come to Galactic City and you won't have any Ysalmir to protect you.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Maybe you should just learn to value the type of players that the game engine clearly values? I don't think you've ever had a Talisman. Having a Talisman is oh so important, as I found out last season. So many good players just don't believe in themselves. They need just an absolutely loathsome (but successful) player in their midst to remind them of what that "replacement" player in all the stats refer to is. "If Douglass was a 0.9 WAR this season... and the rest of us are so much better than him... are we the best team in baseball? LETS GO BEAT THE MURRICANS!!!"

Never again shall I enter a season without Douglass Tagg on the 25 man roster. I can only hope sending him to the minors last year didn't tarnish his power (I moved him around a bit last year as my minor teams struggled and every team he was on started winning immediately upon his arrival).

@Orlando embraced the Talisman last year (DAVE) and all the players around DAVE performed exceptionally well.

Lloyd Carr

Haha, except you'll have no picks or prospects to play around with.

Well, by the time my team falls apart, I'll have all my draft picks again. I'm only on the hook until the 2055 draft, which will be based on team records for 2054. Only need to survive this season and next season and then I'm free to tank and go for the 1-1 overall. Then I'll also have the cap space to afford IFA.

Didn't you just play for the Shampship? Now you're going to quit over Aiden flipping Davies? We need a nickname for this dude ASAP. How about "Cookies"?

Quit crying. Did you even finish digging this hole before you started complaining about it? Quitting is against the rules and so is making new rules. If you force us to make new rules I'm going to come to Galactic City and you won't have any Ysalmir to protect you.

Davies gives me a CF who can play defense and who rounds out my offense. Without Davies, I have a giant hole in my outfield and a hole in my lineup. I didn't give away all my draft picks and prospects so I could fall short of the ship year after year. It's shitty to end up losing in situations I shouldn't lose in every year, and it's even worse to have shitty indy devs code their FA setup poorly where teams can't send their full offers to FA, and has teams sign FAs for millions of dollars less than the offers from competing teams.

And I'm not quitting. I'm just not going to put my full 5 minutes a day into the game.

Lloyd Carr

Maybe you should just learn to value the type of players that the game engine clearly values? I don't think you've ever had a Talisman. Having a Talisman is oh so important, as I found out last season. So many good players just don't believe in themselves. They need just an absolutely loathsome (but successful) player in their midst to remind them of what that "replacement" player in all the stats refer to is. "If Douglass was a 0.9 WAR this season... and the rest of us are so much better than him... are we the best team in baseball? LETS GO BEAT THE MURRICANS!!!"

Never again shall I enter a season without Douglass Tagg on the 25 man roster. I can only hope sending him to the minors last year didn't tarnish his power (I moved him around a bit last year as my minor teams struggled and every team he was on started winning immediately upon his arrival).

@Orlando embraced the Talisman last year (DAVE) and all the players around DAVE performed exceptionally well.

Honestly, I might just go this route this year. Every year I make sure I have no holes on my team. I've always had it so the #9 guy in my lineup could bat #1 if needed. That method hasn't seemed to work, while other teams seem to somehow thrive with various holes at various positions.

what do you want for Loathsome?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess I just don't understand getting mad about it anymore. It's happened to a lot of people. I like the fact that players don't always take the most money and the best teams don't always win. They do a decent job capturing realism, but that seems to really upset you and you think you deserved the ship the last 10 seasons :laughing:

Lloyd Carr

I guess I just don't understand getting mad about it anymore. It's happened to a lot of people. I like the fact that players don't always take the most money and the best teams don't always win. They do a decent job capturing realism, but that seems to really upset you and you think you deserved the ship the last 10 seasons :laughing:

I don't think I necessarily deserved the ship every year over the last 10 seasons, but I maintain Buffalo has been the best team in the South more often than not over the course of these past 10 seasons. I definitely think my team should have gotten farther than it has over the course of my run.

If my team was good but not great, and I lost as much as I did, I'd probably be a little more understanding. But I've had some great teams lose to some average teams (and it's probably happened more often than not recently), and that's frustrating to see every year.

Wolfman21

Davies was a boss in kabul. Wanted 25 mil per year in extension, so I traded him to buffalo for caniliac. Love Davies, but getting a guy like caniliac for him in his last contract year was best move I've made since joining WBL.

Wolfman21

I don't think I necessarily deserved the ship every year over the last 10 seasons, but I maintain Buffalo has been the best team in the South more often than not over the course of these past 10 seasons. I definitely think my team should have gotten farther than it has over the course of my run.

If my team was good but not great, and I lost as much as I did, I'd probably be a little more understanding. But I've had some great teams lose to some average teams (and it's probably happened more often than not recently), and that's frustrating to see every year.

Atlanta Braves won NL East like 800 years in a row and won 1 world series. Baseball happens.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean the best part is that he picked Buffalo and is upset that he's only won a single championship in all those appearances. At least you got 1, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, et al probably had the best team in the NFL for half a decade, WITH a scheme that was far ahead of its time and they didn't win a single championship.

A couple things that jump out about that Super Bowl
1. Norwood was known as a pretty good kicker at the time and he was 1/5 on kicks over 40 yards on grass fields? LMAO
2. That 3rd down conversion was Buffalo's first successful 3rd down conversion of the game... can you imagine a team doing that now and still having a chance to win?
3. Buffalo was one of the very few teams in the NFL at that point in time that could have made that drive starting with under 2 minutes and only having one timeout. Their hurry up/ no huddle offense was perfect for that situation, they just look really calm and composed like a modern offense... Had they won that Super Bowl, I think it would have caused the COPY CAT league to adopt no huddle/hurry up offense decades earlier. As it was, the playoff failures branded those up tempo shotgun offenses as FAILURES. By comparison, Denver's Drive (started with 5 minutes left) and Drive II (started with a little over 2:00 left) were in that same era and Denver looked so much more discombobulated and were really only saved by incomplete passes stopping the clock (allowing them to huddle) and miracle 4th down conversions. Buffalo's offense is so calm and composed in how they handle that 2 minute drill. They can afford to run the ball or throw to the middle of the field, which other teams couldn't do.

Lloyd Carr

Atlanta Braves won NL East like 800 years in a row and won 1 world series. Baseball happens.

Yeah, and I bet that was frustrating as hell for the team/fans. Same with Buffalo going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing them all.

Just because bad things happen to others, doesn't mean they still aren't shitty to experience when it happens to you.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is why I say having the CHAMPIONSHIP as ur goal in sports is stupid. So much of it is out of your control, ultimately. Consistently making the playoffs is the best goal because that is something that you can typically control since seasons are long enough that variance is less of a factor and your team's skills can overcome bad luck, injuries, etc. But even seasons aren't long enough to fully capture the variance in most sports and good teams will miss the playoffs too. It is important not to panic and blow everything up (Tankee) because of a bad year.

Look at @Orlando as a good example of someone who ain't flustered by a season of bad luck. 2049 they went 78-84 after 7 straight years of playoffs. Did he panic and blow his entire team up and start tanking? Nah, b, he stuck with his team and made a few minor tweaks in the off season and won the championship next year. In real life a season like Borg's 2049 could cost a great corch a job because expectations are so high and I always think that's so stupid, because it almost always plunges a team into even deeper problems.

If you consistently put your best foot forward and do ur best, the panicy mongs will tank around you and eventually everything will work out for you one lucky season (or it won't). Consistency is king.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Honestly, I might just go this route this year. Every year I make sure I have no holes on my team. I've always had it so the #9 guy in my lineup could bat #1 if needed. That method hasn't seemed to work, while other teams seem to somehow thrive with various holes at various positions.

what do you want for Loathsome?

Douglass is not available at any price, but fortunately for you I have a plethora of Loathsome creatures with Talisman powers.

This Loathsome pitcher has given me 3 decent seasons as a #5 starting pitcher. He also drives all of my other pitchers to perform so much better. "Ughh, look at Cicio's 45 stuff, but he still gets 5 Ks/9IP... with my 50 stuff I should do much better than him!"

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_12197.html

He thrives on that BABIP cheat @ZackMills @Mr. Radpants

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I feel like you could really use a Talisman, and I have plenty of pitchers, so post up whatever you want and I'll send him your way!

ZackMills

Have mercy
Davies gives me a CF who can play defense and who rounds out my offense. Without Davies, I have a giant hole in my outfield and a hole in my lineup. I didn't give away all my draft picks and prospects so I could fall short of the ship year after year. It's shitty to end up losing in situations I shouldn't lose in every year, and it's even worse to have shitty indy devs code their FA setup poorly where teams can't send their full offers to FA, and has teams sign FAs for millions of dollars less than the offers from competing teams.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not even playing him in CF.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I should have added some Talisman performance based incentives to that CICIO trade.

If you win the Championship = 2 first round picks
If you make it to the championship = first round pick
If you make the playoffs = second round pick.

Oh well, I guess I got fleeced.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Alright I'm 800k short even though the sim before I had enough which doesn't make sense but whatever

I'll need a cash spot @Travis7401 I can throw in something else