• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052/2053 HUNGER GAMES - Donate 9 Players by THURSDAY or it is Cancelled

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Tributes:
1. LRM sends 1b (lol more like DH) Aniq bin Zaki +$200k if required (WBL)
2. DUB sends 2B Wilbur 'broken legs' Holden Caulfield (AAA) to IST
3. IST sends SP Tony Roman +$900k if required (AAA) to LRM
4. SEO sends RF Frank Parker (WBL)
5. BUF sends RP Jay Lee (AAA) to SEO
6. BA sends 1B/DH Mark Rathwell (WBL)
7. KW sends P Gustaf Spronk (AAA) to BA
8. NDR sends LOOGY Jaime Chacon (AAA) - to KW, Fuck off Lloyd!

9. FB sends SS Oliver Kolbjørnsen (AAA) to
10. BER sends Utility IF Fernando Rivera (WBL) to DUB
11. KAB sends 1b Sesto Colonnese (AAA) Gallows courtesy of FB (Still available to be saved)
12. HEL sends 1B Larbi Mulogo (AAA) to NDR
13. HEL sends RF Brian Washington (AAA) to BER

PLOT TWIST @Orlando donated 2 players to guarantee at least one death in this years HG!

@Wolfman21 ur up

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Don't worry, grinch boy, if you read further you'll see that JD opted to kill someone instead in order to keep with the SPIRIT.

And yes, Yankee151 summed it up. Acting as PRESIDENT SNOW, I have he right to change the rules of the entirely optional and voluntary HUNGER GAMES at any point. If you watched the films, you have have noticed changing the rules was a central tenet of the games. May the odds be ever in ur favor!

So salty up there on his hill...

Grinch04.jpg

NML

I don't think you should be President Snow-ing if you are going to offer the first round pick.

I'm sure I'm alone in that thought so it's not my hill to die on, but it's pretty lame to just changes rules as you want when 1) this affects everyone, even those who don't participate (due to the extra pick) and 2) there's something worthwhile at stake.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't think you should be President Snow-ing if you are going to offer the first round pick.

I'm sure I'm alone in that thought so it's not my hill to die on, but it's pretty lame to just changes rules as you want when 1) this affects everyone, even those who don't participate (due to the extra pick) and 2) there's something worthwhile at stake.

The first round draft pick is only dependent on you. If you donate the best player, you get a first round draft pick. Bumping you to the end of the HG draft doesn't affect your chances to get a first round draft pick. If anything, the punishment of people who donate awful players should motivate them to donate better players, increasing their chances of getting the first round pick.

NML

The first round draft pick is only dependent on you. If you donate the best player, you get a first round draft pick. Bumping you to the end of the HG draft doesn't affect your chances to get a first round draft pick. If anything, the punishment of people who donate awful players should motivate them to donate better players, increasing their chances of getting the first round pick.

That wasn't really what I was saying. My reference to the pick affecting people is those who don't participate - they don't have an opportunity to win.

Furthermore, those that do participate are subject to rule changes as Travis sees fit.

Again, I'm sure I'm the only who feels this way so I'll bow out and Travis can keep riding my dick because he's pissy that I'm not playing his game

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Okay, Sonny. :thumbsup:
I'm rounding down relative to the 32 man draft of the NFL compared to our 18 man draft. Sonny values up to pick #6, otherwise he doesn't care about seconds and he'll trade 3 to some Jeff Carson type for a Top 6 pick. But in the WBL, that goes down to the Top 5 instead.

NML

The president snow/katniss analogy fits because it's hunger games, but I'm partial to Travis playing the role of Fluff and I'm Travis.

Hunger games = Hachiko

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I understand that you were still a QUITTER when this started, so you probably don't realize a few things...

The hunger games is effectively up for a vote every year. If I don't have more than half the league playing, I wouldn't do it because I understand the draft pick does have value. If more than half the people elect to play then I think it has effectively passed a popular vote to continue. If you disagree, feel free to bring it up to the commissioners, because it is completely understandable that you object to a draft pick being given as a prize. "FWIW" I actually donated my own 1st round draft pick (top 10) for the first trial year to see if people liked this concept enough for it to be part of the league going forward. As of yet, no compensatory picks have actually been given as part of the Hunger Games. Only my own personal pick was given. For you to accuse me of "moving the goalposts" as if I'm trying to benefit myself is a bit disingenuous, given that the only pick given so far was my own.

You don't appear to understand the concept of this at all (fun) or that this is a labor love that I am undertaking to help spice up the off season and add a little interest during what can be a boring time. I wouldn't have to "move the goalposts" if people weren't busy trying to game the system of something that was intended to be good-humored. I understand you feel slighted about me not accepting your tribute of a player you pulled from the waivers and wasn't even yours yet, but that's something I definitely think is against the spirit of what we are supposed to be doing. It is sneaky and Lloydish.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That wasn't really what I was saying. My reference to the pick affecting people is those who don't participate - they don't have an opportunity to win.

Furthermore, those that do participate are subject to rule changes as Travis sees fit.

Again, I'm sure I'm the only who feels this way so I'll bow out and Travis can keep riding my dick because he's pissy that I'm not playing his game

:laughing: Wow.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Tributes:
1. LRM sends 1b (lol more like DH) Aniq bin Zaki +$200k if required (WBL)
2. DUB sends 2B Wilbur 'broken legs' Holden Caulfield (AAA) to IST
3. IST sends SP Tony Roman +$900k if required (AAA) to LRM
4. SEO sends RF Frank Parker (WBL)
5. BUF sends RP Jay Lee (AAA) to SEO
6. BA sends 1B/DH Mark Rathwell (WBL)
7. KW sends P Gustaf Spronk (AAA) to BA
8. NDR sends LOOGY Jaime Chacon (AAA) - to KW, Fuck off Lloyd!

9. FB sends SS Oliver Kolbjørnsen (AAA) to
10. BER sends Utility IF Fernando Rivera (WBL) to DUB
11. KAB sends 1b Sesto Colonnese (AAA) Gallows courtesy of FB (Still available to be saved)
12. HEL sends 1B Larbi Mulogo (AAA) to NDR
13. HEL sends RF Brian Washington (AAA) to BER

PLOT TWIST @Orlando donated 2 players to guarantee at least one death in this years HG!

Here is the list of players remaining. Sesto, ODOGG, Mark Rathwell, Frank Parker and Aniq Bin Zaki. 3 set to die in this most MURDEROUS YEAR (unless you want to save 2)

@Wolfman21 was SOOOO ANXIOUS to draft.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Or you trade me Brady Thompson.

ROCKY is my leadoff guy until I go full Jeff Loria and stop ignoring the farm system. Given that I'm a moron and also new to this whole OOTP thing (a deadly combination) I have to know - is having a farm system this weak normal or did KW just graduate too many guys at once? The WBL level guys are great (even the bum FAs I signed) but the minors are just awful I don't know that moving Rocky would really do anything to repair that, a full reboot is probably in order after this season.

Again, I'm a moron so feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Wolfman21

@Gooksta called up all of his stud young guys a year or two ago. Rocky, Turtle, Kievit, Fuller. Thats why your farm is depleted. IFA and the draft are the main ways to rebuild it but you can also get some good prospects through trades.

Wolfman21

or you could listen to an owner who made the playoffs 7 straight seasons and won a world series...or you could listen to one who has been in the bottom third of their division since the inception of the league

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
or you could listen to an owner who made the playoffs 7 straight seasons and won a world series...or you could listen to one who has been in the bottom third of their division since the inception of the league
I agree with rad so his point stands.