• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052/2053 HUNGER GAMES - Donate 9 Players by THURSDAY or it is Cancelled

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@Gooksta called up all of his stud young guys a year or two ago. Rocky, Turtle, Kievit, Fuller. Thats why your farm is depleted. IFA and the draft are the main ways to rebuild it but you can also get some good prospects through trades.

That's what I thought I was seeing when I went through the transaction logs. The trade you proposed was actually pretty fair but I really wanted to see how the drafts and IFA signings went before I did a trade like that. Like I said, the ML product is pretty good but I was surprised how empty the lower minors are right now. Anyway, this isn't really the place to discuss this so let's get back to the HONGER GAMEZ!!!

Wolfman21

That's what I thought I was seeing when I went through the transaction logs. The trade you proposed was actually pretty fair but I really wanted to see how the drafts and IFA signings went before I did a trade like that. Like I said, the ML product is pretty good but I was surprised how empty the lower minors are right now. Anyway, this isn't really the place to discuss this so let's get back to the HONGER GAMEZ!!!

Its no problem. I'll work on a trade until we're both happy with it. It doesn't bother me if I offer something and you say you don't want it. Its happened before and it'll happen again. Gotta look out for the best interest of your team.

But as far as HG, we're done now aren't we?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
or you could listen to an owner who made the playoffs 7 straight seasons and won a world series...or you could listen to one who has been in the bottom third of their division since the inception of the league

Wolf mad

Even if your point was true, which it isn't, I'm not sure why league success would indicate good trade partners. One could assume that I've had a lack of success for making bad trades that benefited my partner more than me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is the final score this year.
Tributes:
1. LRM sends 1b (lol more like DH) Aniq bin Zaki +$200k if required (WBL) to DEATH
2. DUB sends 2B Wilbur 'broken legs' Holden Caulfield (AAA) to IST
3. IST sends SP Tony Roman +$900k if required (AAA) to LRM
4. SEO sends RF Frank Parker (WBL) to NDR
5. BUF sends RP Jay Lee (AAA) to SEO
6. BA sends 1B/DH Mark Rathwell (WBL) to HEL
7. KW sends P Gustaf Spronk (AAA) to BA
8. NDR sends LOOGY Jaime Chacon (AAA) - to KW, Fuck off Lloyd!
9. FB sends SS Oliver Kolbjørnsen (AAA) to Hel
10. BER sends Utility IF Fernando Rivera (WBL) to DUB
11. KAB sends 1b Sesto Colonnese (AAA) to DEATH
12. HEL sends 1B Larbi Mulogo (AAA) to NDR
13. HEL sends RF Brian Washington (AAA) to BER

Orlando and I moved the goalposts and selected he 2 players, but he does a good job of integrating players historically. Plus we had a sufficiently bloody HG anyway with 3 deaths this season, so I'm in favor of such goalpost moving! Glad O-dogg didn't die, he didn't deserve it.

Use this post to keep tabs on ur tributes during the season and talk shit to people who strand your guy in A ball! May the odds be ever in ur favor!

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Wolf mad

Even if your point was true, which it isn't, I'm not sure why league success would indicate good trade partners. One could assume that I've had a lack of success for making bad trades that benefited my partner more than me.

The conversation wasn't even bout league success or trading partners, but you had to go spouting off at the mouth again so I took a second to put you back in yo place. Now that Tony and I have finished conversating, I really have no need to continue this further.

Wolf, out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I can't believe you assholes sentenced Frank Parker to death.

I ALMOST took him, but my park favors LHB and I need a 1B backup so Larbi actually fits my roster and will be easier to give playing time. Parker has a really nice bat, just didn't fit my team as well.

I too am surprised doe, that 55 contact + 60 power is a great combination plus he's hit well at every level. If no one is opposed to GOALPOST MOVING, I'll volunteer to save him because I can use some good RHB PH and would start him against lefties as DH this season, then FAZ is gone next season so he could emerge as a starter for me next year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lol, wait a minute, why am I asking you plebes for input? Saving a life is always acceptable in the hunger games. NDR SELECT FRANK PARKER WITH HG COMPENSATORY PICK. @NML COME AT ME. #Goalpostsmoved

If anyone else wants Frank Parker instead you can have him... I just don't want to see that lovely man die. If you'd like to save another tribute (unless he was your tribute) you are welcome to claim them as well, so long as we put at least one tribute to DEATH to satiate our bloodlust. Saving a life is in the spirit of the HG as long as we get one death.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Aniq bin Zaki

and

Sesto Colonnese

Walking to the gallows, going once, going twice...

bin Zaki has a terrorist name and looks to be a great singles/contact hitter if you are into that sort of thing to put in ur lineup behind a high OBP guy with speed!

Sesto has a classic well rounded bat in all the right areas with some pop. If you need some DH help he's ur guy. PLUS GLOWING WHITE HOT VERY HIGH LEADERSHIP LIKE DOUGLASS

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll pay the pre-emptive troll toll with a 3rd round pick to the UNDERTAKER so I'm not getting something for nothing. I do value Parker. It can either go to @Karl Hungus or it can go in the pot for the winner.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

i'm surprised Sesto went unpicked. He has almost 100 career games in the WBL and is slashing .289/.344/.505. Goes to show how little demand there is for first base/DH type players

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
i'm surprised Sesto went unpicked. He has almost 100 career games in the WBL and is slashing .289/.344/.505. Goes to show how little demand there is for first base/DH type players
There were just too many of those types in the HG this year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, I think it was a weird year because all of them were good enough to play, they just all played the same spot and few people have DH openings. Last year it was kind of like that with too many RPs and that's why @NML's dude got killed as having the least promise of the bunch.

Wolfman21

Oh well, cest la vie Sesto. I remember when everyone flipped out because I signed him and david lopez for 9 million a piece back when I first joined. That would be a bargain for the top two IFA's these days

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Osick pointed out some dude you signed for like 12M that turned into a complete bust :laughing: Made me feel less bad about you trogging me out on Terrible Toby Standish

Wolfman21

Osick pointed out some dude you signed for like 12M that turned into a complete bust :laughing: Made me feel less bad about you trogging me out on Terrible Toby Standish

Aluizio "Kodak" Cabanes. It was actually 15M and he did turn to shit. Same IFA season that Fergus "Phenom" Cupit came out i believe. I think @Orlando was after both of them. I ended up getting kodak, he got cupit. He won that one.

But, thats IFA for you. You win some, you lose some. Jude Brayley, David Lopez, Tristan Scheele, Frazer Wenden, Mark Woertgen are all guys I signed out of IFA that will be big time on my team this season. Lopez was a $9M guy, Brayley was a $1.4M, Scheele 950k, Wenden 1.5M and Woertgen 170k. So there you go...you can find contributors spending 9+M and you can find contributors spending 170k.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Cupit was the year of the Bug. My scout thought Cupit was better than Bug. He was wrong, but Cupit still turned out well.

Wolfman21

Cabanes was in the same year as Bug, Cupit and "Basket Case" Hampshire. Man, that year really turned to shit for me. Spent 27.5 million combined on Basket Case and Kodak and neither of them will ever see a WBL game. OUCH

jdlikewhoa

Cabanes was in the same year as Bug, Cupit and "Basket Case" Hampshire. Man, that year really turned to shit for me. Spent 27.5 million combined on Basket Case and Kodak and neither of them will ever see a WBL game. OUCH
Should've just spent the $120m on Bug and profited

TonyGin&Juice

The good ol' AI put Chacon the Assassin in my starting rotation but I'm actually going to make him the LOOGY. If he plays his cards right he might end up the set-up man over Frank "Formaldehyde" Fernyhough.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, he looked like a LOOGY to me for now, but he has been getting rating bumps the last few years, so he could improve and become a starter if he adds some more movement/control or balance against righties. He's got 3 good pitches and enough stamina, so I wouldn't rule him out as a future #4, #5, or at least an emergency SP in case of injuries. I like having guys like that in the bullpen.

TonyGin&Juice

The stamina rating (and being a lefty) might have him in the 4 or 5 spot if he doesn't contract SARS or die dancing the Electric Slide during the All Star break.

Gooksta

@Gooksta called up all of his stud young guys a year or two ago. Rocky, Turtle, Kievit, Fuller. Thats why your farm is depleted. IFA and the draft are the main ways to rebuild it but you can also get some good prospects through trades.
This.. my plan was to replenish as things went along.. I traded. Bunch of picks for Rojas and Raul Torres.. so after I called everyone up.. I didn't have money to get IFA's or any draft picks to replenish the farm.. so it's up to @TonyGin&Juice on how you want to handle it..If you have any questions or want any advice, let me know.. I'll help with what I can.. but I figured the best way to learn is just go through it and learn from your mistakes..

Gooksta

You can IM me if you want..

TonyGin&Juice

I figured the best way to learn is just go through it and learn from your mistakes..

Yep, this offseason I didn't really sign anyone big (though I did make three bad signings) and I'm just about to extend one of the main guys to buy out his ARB and FA years at a steep discount so nothing too stupid yet. My biggest issue right now is figuring out how best to balance keeping the budget flexible enough to sign FA when needed with keeping the talent you already have. Of course, if Obke turns out to have the career resurrection his bankruptcy judge hopes he does Imma look like a gotdamn genius.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Pythag is really boning me this year. I'm 0-4 in extra innings and 3-10 in one run games, GTFO. My bullpen is awful.

JorRod just isn't looking ready, I'm not sure if I should send him down or give him one more sim.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I started with both Frank Parker and Larbi up but then I realized I needed a backup Catcher because Douglass Tagg did not have a good game in that role :laughing:

Frank Parker was playing better than Larbi at the time, so Larbi went to AAA. Parker has his 50 ABs and has been blowing ass, so I'm going to swap them out soon.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here are ur current HG leaders:

Tony Roman isn't playing as well as he was and his ERA and WHIP have both gone up a bunch since the last check, but he's getting innings and not playing horrible, so he has a chance.
Gustaf Spronk Only has two starts, but he's been solid enough and could be a favorite if he gets a bunch of starts. Probably the best opportunity for success right now.
Jamie Chacon Still very limited action for the Key West LOOGY, but 1.8 ERA and 0.8 WHIP mean he's playing well in the opportunities he's getting.
Fernando Rivera Not playing as well as he was but he's still getting on base a good bit and providing neutral defense at several positions.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rivera found out his own former manager-owner wasn't rooting for him and it affeced his in-game performance. We're working through it.

Pitch Spronk the next time you come to Dublin, I want Rivera and him to go head to head so Rivera can prove he's the true HUNGER GAMES Wizard.

TonyGin&Juice

Jamie Chacon Still very limited action for the Key West LOOGY, but 1.8 ERA and 0.8 WHIP mean he's playing well in the opportunities he's getting.

I had him set as a LOOGY but when I had the AI redo the org it put him as a starter before the season started and then as a mop up man today. He should be sitting as a LOOGY but if Stephen "The Dream" Adams doesn't improve now that I've fixed his pitch count ol' Chacon is going to be the number 5 starter on the 2AcesRUKiddingMe?!?!?! Key West dynasty.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well at the very least, he's pitching well in the Loogy role, so if he doesn't fly as a starter he's still got a good role on the team. Those LOOGY role guys just don't get many innings so I typically set my left hand relief pitchers another "main" role and then put Loogy as the secondary role. They still get used as a Loogy when needed, but they pick up normal middle relief innings as well. My LOOGY (ED Mullins) has pitched 19 innings, so he's getting a little more use being set as MR as the first role.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh believe me, I been keeping close tabs on ol' "0-10" Adams.... The problem is you're trying to play him in the regular season and he only gets up for the playoffs. Throw him into the bullpen on limited duty until the playoffs hit and he's ready to be ur ACE and out duel the best pitcher every team you play has to offer. He beat Kasib (the all time GOAT pitcher), Schauwns ACE, and my boy DAVE Meyer in the playoffs. LAWD

Still got a win against the riggers this week doe.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Jay Lee was supposed to be a LOOGY, but look at his numbers against lefties:
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}.560{/td}
{td}.556{/td}
{td}1.160{/td}
{td}1.716{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

He's also given up 4 homers in 25 at bats to them. He's headed for AAA.