• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052/2053 HUNGER GAMES - Donate 9 Players by THURSDAY or it is Cancelled

Lloyd Carr

Jay Lee was supposed to be a LOOGY, but look at his numbers against lefties:
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}.560{/td}
{td}.556{/td}
{td}1.160{/td}
{td}1.716{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
He's also given up 4 homers in 25 at bats to them. He's headed for AAA.
giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Tributes:
1. LRM sends 1b (lol more like DH) Aniq bin Zaki +$200k if required (WBL) to DEATH
2. DUB sends 2B Wilbur 'broken legs' Holden Caulfield (AAA) to IST
3. IST sends SP Tony Roman +$900k if required (AAA) to LRM
4. SEO sends RF Frank Parker (WBL) to NDR for 2053 3rd
5. BUF sends RP Jay Lee (AAA) to SEO
6. BA sends 1B/DH Mark Rathwell (WBL) to HEL
7. KW sends P Gustaf Spronk (AAA) to BA
8. NDR sends LOOGY Jaime Chacon (AAA) - to KW, Fuck off Lloyd!
9. FB sends SS Oliver Kolbjørnsen (AAA) to Hel
10. BER sends Utility IF Fernando Rivera (WBL) to DUB
11. KAB sends 1b Sesto Colonnese (AAA) to DEATH
12. HEL sends 1B Larbi Mulogo (AAA) to NDR
13. HEL sends RF Brian Washington (AAA) to BER

PLOT TWIST @Orlando donated 2 players to guarantee at least one death in this years HG!

UPDATE!

1. Aniq is dead

2. Holend Caulfield is not hitting very well in 100 ABs in the WBL, .229/.229/.362 Amazingly he has absolutely 0 walks in that time, lol. Still, + Defense at 1B/2B so at least he provided a little value as a utility sub, so he's not completely worthless. Has not a snowball's chance at winning even if he gets a hot bat for a few months, because there's another dude playing utility infield who has played much better.

3. Tony Roman has a 4-1 record in 76 innings pitched, 4.24 ERA (FIP = 4.22) 1.32 WHIP, and ERA+ = 100. Not a terrible pitcher so far, especially by HG standards! I'd say he's still definitely in the running

4. Frank Parker was .213/.302/.277 in 47 ABs as a DH. Would normally give 100 ABS but sub 600 OPS was the worst on my team by far and those numbers are DEFINITELY not cutting it from a DH with no value other than his bat. Dropped him to AAA to see if he'd get confidence back, but he's not hitting well there either. -WARs and he's out of the running. WOOF, wish I could kill him just for making me look dumb for saving him. I thought he'd compliment FAZ perfectly, allowing FAZ to rest against LHP.

5. Jay Lee Pitched 18 innings in the WBL with a 11.2 ERA and a 2.4 WHIP. Catastrophic failure in his big chance, lol. Is currently VERY UNHAPPY playing in AAA, where he's got decent but not great stats (at least for such a hitter friendly league). I'd say out of the running at this point.

6. Mark Rathwell hit .248/.282/.352 in 125 ABs for BORG. He was a -Fielder at first base and that cost him, so his WARs WON were -0.6. WOOF. He's hitting well in AAA with OPS of .934, but I'd say he's out of the running even if he got promoted, because he's deep in the hole.

7. Gustaf Spronk has a 3-7 record and 100 innings pitched, 4.56 ERA (4.17 FIP), WHIP of 1.19, and ERA+ of 94. By Hunger Games Standards, that's not bad at all. He's a starter and getting solid innings, so he's definitely still a contender

8. Jamie Chacon has a 0-0 record with 34 Innings pitched, 4.15 ERA (4.29 FIP), WHIP of 1.5, and ERA+ of 103. Another not terrible pitcher, but he's a step behind the other two because he's just not providing as many quality innings. Still, he might be in the running still because his stats aren't bad or anything, so he could win if he got really hot and started to get more innings.

9. Oliver Kolbjørnsen hit .200/.243/.230 in 100 ABs for Borg -0.3 WARS won. Was + Defensively at 2B, at least but dat bat was too poor to overcome the utility he provided. You have to give @Orlando credit for giving both of his shitheads enough time to prove they are bad! He's always playing in the SPIRIT of the Hunger Games. Oliver is playing well in AAA now at least, and has no chance of winning.

10. Fernando Rivera is hitting .304/.384/.381 in 168 ABS, and has contributed some WARS on the base path with 14 steals (CS =2). Defensively he's a slight - at SS but neutral at 2B and 3B so he's providing good utility across the infield. 0.9 WARS WON so far. Definitely one of the leaders! With a nice high OBP and good base running while providing defensive utility, you've got a solid player here providing some value. Hopefully his bat doesn't cool off.

11. SESTO IS DEAD

12. Larbi Mulago is hitting .262/.319/.321 in 84 at bats for the riggers from the DH and 1B spots (neutral fielding at 1B) -0.2 WAR. He's hit pretty well in the last sim after going cold for a few, and he's going to continue to get starter playing time while FAZ is out. With only his bat to give him value and currently having a 640 OPS, I don't think he's got a chance to make up enough ground. Will probably drop to AAA after 100 ABS to make room for injured riggers returning to the lineup. Still, actually glad I had him if only for depth when FAZ was injured!

13. Brian Washington is playing well enough in AAA but he never got a chance in the WBL at all. @Rutgers Mike ain't feeling the hunger games spirit. Berlin has a couple of decent outfielders, but several of the sub/utility guys are pretty bad this season, so Washington might have been an improvement? I suppose he was worried Washington might play well and accidentally help him win some games and take him higher in the draft order, lol.

I think it is hard to compare field players and pitchers, but to me Fernando Rivera would be my vote for winner at this point. To me, Rivera is playing well in basically every facet you'd want him to, hitting, running, defense. His WAR is probably a little lower than it should be since he was played at his worst position a lot out of necessity, but he wasn't terrible there either and finding cover for SS with that bat is a win for sure... I think Spronk and Roman are the next two I'd consider and I'd probably need help on voting between them, since to me they are pretty close. I generally look at WHIP/ERA+ most and they are split there. I'd say Roman's stats are slightly better but Spronk is providing more value through the extra innings so that's pretty even too. Do you guys think Spronk or Roman provide more value than Fernando Rivera? Would be interested in INPUT.

No matter who wins, I'm really pleased that everyone pretty much did a nice job of giving these players a chance in the SPIRIT of the hunger games. Only 1 player didn't get a chance in the WBL so far and if @Rutgers Mike just forgot, he could still play Washington in the last months of the season and have nothing to lose, lol. I'd say we have 4 or maybe 5 actual contributors from this group that are at least earning a roster spot, and 3 of them are adding some nice value to their teams!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Any thoughts on Fernando Rivera vs the Pitchers? Kind of cool that we actually have multiple non terrible players for the first time, lol.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Chacon has been doing a decent job but my starters (specifically Stephen "The Dream" Adams) have actually went pretty deep. I just changed his setting to more usage so hopefully he's get more innings. If "The Dream" hadn't gotten it together Chacon would be starting.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Any thoughts on Fernando Rivera vs the Pitchers? Kind of cool that we actually have multiple non terrible players for the first time, lol.

My thoughts are Rivera over basic inning eaters all day long. His OBP is .389 at this point. He would be starting at third for me over CULT HERO but I really couldn't replace him as a utility guy. He's a table setter with that OBP.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
13. Brian Washington is playing well enough in AAA but he never got a chance in the WBL at all. @Rutgers Mike ain't feeling the hunger games spirit. Berlin has a couple of decent outfielders, but several of the sub/utility guys are pretty bad this season, so Washington might have been an improvement? I suppose he was worried Washington might play well and accidentally help him win some games and take him higher in the draft order, lol.

I think it is hard to compare field players and pitchers, but to me Fernando Rivera would be my vote for winner at this point. To me, Rivera is playing well in basically every facet you'd want him to, hitting, running, defense. His WAR is probably a little lower than it should be since he was played at his worst position a lot out of necessity, but he wasn't terrible there either and finding cover for SS with that bat is a win for sure... I think Spronk and Roman are the next two I'd consider and I'd probably need help on voting between them, since to me they are pretty close. I generally look at WHIP/ERA+ most and they are split there. I'd say Roman's stats are slightly better but Spronk is providing more value through the extra innings so that's pretty even too. Do you guys think Spronk or Roman provide more value than Fernando Rivera? Would be interested in INPUT.

No matter who wins, I'm really pleased that everyone pretty much did a nice job of giving these players a chance in the SPIRIT of the hunger games. Only 1 player didn't get a chance in the WBL so far and if @Rutgers Mike just forgot, he could still play Washington in the last months of the season and have nothing to lose, lol. I'd say we have 4 or maybe 5 actual contributors from this group that are at least earning a roster spot, and 3 of them are adding some nice value to their teams!

I took Washington as more of a long term play. I did screw up by not having him play LF in AAA doe.

Also Rivera da best.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rivera should have this in the bag.

.294/.373/.385. OPS+ 105

1.3 WAR while often playing out of position. Currently platooning at third.

16 SB, 2 CS

I would be fine burning a high draft pick and ending up with a role player like Rivera.

I might miss the playoffs, but Rivera has been instrumental to Dublin's competition. Give the draft pick to @Rutgers Mike and help #savefunk

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
His .1 WAR is compelling, although that is more the fault of the stakeholder that wasn't putting him in a position to succeed in the spirit of the HUNGER GAMES

TonyGin&Juice

I've been really happy with the HG guy I got. Decent WAR but, more importantly, he was a good LHP piece of the BP that I was sorely lacking. Is there any rule against extending these guys?

osick87

Community Liaison
I extended Spronck then I accidentally clicked Pitch Coach auto and he's in the bullpen.

THanks for donating him @TonyGin&Juice. He's a solid pitcher.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Seriously doe, claiming a player off waivers and then naming them tribute is against the spirit of the HG and falls under the "don't be a trog" general umbrella rule. Just donate some other dummy, @NML.

Another PLOT TWIST rule. Next year is the 75th Anniversary of the Hunger Games in the WBL (we may perceive this to be the 3rd edition, but time moves strangely these days). Since it will be an anniversary edition, the player who wins the Hunger Games title this season will AUTOMATICALLY be forced back into the Hunger Games tribute pool just like Katniss and Penis in Hunger Games 2!

Want to know the best part about this post, @Mr. Radpants? You liked it :laughing:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
In all seriousness, I don't understand that rule. Doesn't sound in the HG spirit since now I'll just stash my HG draftees in AAA for a year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Orlando is the only good sport.... 300ABs for his shithead duo.

I think I might start doing a consolation prize for the person who tries to give his shithead playing time, despite the odds.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Shit I thought I already announced it... it was a foregone conclusion anyway, but Fernando Rivera had the best season. He actually turned out to be a really great leadoff type hitter with a great .360 OBP and 18/2 stolen base ratio. He was a slight negative fielder, because he was played at SS more than Rad probably wanted to, but he provided decent fielding at 3 positions, which is great versatility for a HG player.

There were 3 pitchers who ended up making solid contributions to their teams, but to me the best of the bunch was Gustaf Spronk because of his low Whip. Still, not enough to beat out Fernando.

Congrats to @Mr. Radpants for receiving the best player and congrats to @Rutgers Mike for winning the Hunger Games first round draft pick in the 2054 draft (#11)!

TonyGin&Juice

Dude, no. The guy I got last year is one of the reasons I'm now obsessed with OOTP (i.e. playing a guy to see what happens). Cancelling the Hunger Games would be like @Wolfman21 not being shook 24/7 - a travesty. LONG LIVE THE HUNGER GAMES!