• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046 WBL Season Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
There's zero point in having 7 RP in your bullpen in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will-Ferrell-Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Buffalo has had 3 pitchers not pitch and a 4th face one batter with a 7-man playoff bullpen. FB with a 8-man pen had 3 not pitch.

Lloyd Carr

Id rather have the extra arm in the bullpen, than an extra [AAA lifer] bat on the bench [that the AI might incorrectly substitute in]. I like to have my best guys on the field, so I am hesitant to bring along average players, since the AI does wonky things.

Lloyd Carr

That was a good series, @jdlikewhoa

I really think it could have gone either way. I missed the last game since I fell asleep, so I have no idea what the score was or what happened. But the first five games definitely had me on edge all game.

I think False Bay is just going to get better and better, and will be pretty hard to beat. Would definitely not surprise me to see you represent the South in the ship next year.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Buffalo has had 3 pitchers not pitch and a 4th face one batter with a 7-man playoff bullpen. FB with a 8-man pen had 3 not pitch.
@Lloyd Carr is in the right mindset. Taking it one step further... The roster, imo, should be constructed with best players vs. a AAAA 'bench' bat or extra arm come the playoffs.

jdlikewhoa

That was a good series, @jdlikewhoa

I really think it could have gone either way. I missed the last game since I fell asleep, so I have no idea what the score was or what happened. But the first five games definitely had me on edge all game.

I think False Bay is just going to get better and better, and will be pretty hard to beat. Would definitely not surprise me to see you represent the South in the ship next year.
Well played Lloyd. I think if I had Leaf in the lineup still it would've been a completely different series.

Barring trades, I have my whole team back next year and hopefully a WBL ready Bug. Should be a good year if I can find a little depth through FA.

jdlikewhoa

I think I also had 2 to 3 of my 4 bench bats that didn't get a single AB in the playoffs. I just wasn't deep enough to bring up anyone that could hit in a pinch of needed.

Lloyd Carr

Well played Lloyd. I think if I had Leaf in the lineup still it would've been a completely different series.

Barring trades, I have my whole team back next year and hopefully a WBL ready Bug. Should be a good year if I can find a little depth through FA.

Yeah, I am glad I was able to squeeze past you this year. I dont think that's going to happen again while you have your current crop.

False Bay is already reel good, but if they stay healthy, they gon be great. Im almost tempted to sell everything Ive got because Im hesitant in believing Ill have a legitimate chance to beat you going forward for the next few years.

osick87

Community Liaison
Pre research biggest Holes last season were 3rd, 1st and to a certain extent Catcher.

Likely going to bring White up to play some 1B. Malte's OBP was a tad low for my liking (<320).

Going to see how Son develops at 3rd. His ratings make it seem like he should be able to but his stats weren't great last year.

Sergio Garcia may end up staying in AAA and being my first Injury callup.

Don't really have anybody of note coming off the books so my team will be very similar to this year.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@Lloyd Carr is in the right mindset. Taking it one step further... The roster, imo, should be constructed with best players vs. a AAAA 'bench' bat or extra arm come the playoffs.
If you're thinking of the guys on the bench as an extra "bat" you've already failed. I'd rather have an extra defensive replacement/pinch runner vs. an extra arm which will never be used unless it's a big blowout (which are low leverage innings anyways).

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Pre research biggest Holes last season were 3rd, 1st and to a certain extent Catcher.

Likely going to bring White up to play some 1B. Malte's OBP was a tad low for my liking (<320).

Going to see how Son develops at 3rd. His ratings make it seem like he should be able to but his stats weren't great last year.

Sergio Garcia may end up staying in AAA and being my first Injury callup.

Don't really have anybody of note coming off the books so my team will be very similar to this year.
Simply can't believe Malte Shoppe and Son performed as well as they did at Buenos. My talent assessment sucks.

Gooksta

Simply can't believe Malte Shoppe and Son performed as well as they did at Buenos. My talent assessment sucks.
I'd be surprised if their production held at that level. Seems rookies totally flop at first or really excel.. then come back to expected outputs. Imo

Lloyd Carr

I don't have any interest in legitimately competing [for championships] anymore. Actually trying to win a game is pointless, since the AI routinely makes choices that are wrong. And even when I make sure the sliders are all the way down, they still manage to screw it up.

Everyone is for sale. I have more fun just building a team from garbage to being competitive, rather than actually playing in important games.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't have any interest in legitimately competing [for championships] anymore. Actually trying to win a game is pointless, since the AI routinely makes choices that are wrong. And even when I make sure the sliders are all the way down, they still manage to screw it up.

Everyone is for sale. I have more fun just building a team from garbage to being competitive, rather than actually playing in important games.

You should try making your team worse but failing

Lloyd Carr

Just checked the game log. McVay is set as my 8th inning setup man. He comes in with a 3-1 lead in the 8th inning, strikes a guy out, and is then immediately taken out for a middle reliever (who gives up 3 runs to lose the game).

That kind of AI is inexcusable. I hope OOTP 16 handles it better.