• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046 WBL Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
LC after winning given the AI decisions

arvind.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Congrats @Lloyd Carr. By far the best phythag this year and the most complete team in the league.

The Mason trade was a stroke of genius too. Without him, no ship.

Lloyd Carr

Good series @Yankee151

I think youll be right back in it next year. That offense is stacked and your pitching is still really young. I thought it was over when I (well, the AI) blew game 1, and then defintely thought it was over after that 2-11 situation.

A lot of these series were a lot closer than the final result. BA, FB, and Istanbul should all be right back there again next year. All very solid teams.

But I can breathe a little easier now. I was hoping the moves I made would put me in a position to win one. Had I sold all my firsts and prospects and came up short every year, Id have been a little disappointed.

Lloyd Carr

I missed that last game, but did the AI make dumb choices again @OU11 ?

Its so tough to watch the games play out live. Makes it tougher when I see all the dumb stuff happen that I know is wrong.

Next time Im just gonna go mow the lawn like @Wendell Gee

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I missed that last game, but did the AI make dumb choices again @OU11 ?

Its so tough to watch the games play out live. Makes it tougher when I see all the dumb stuff happen that I know is wrong.

Next time Im just gonna go mow the lawn like @Wendell Gee
I have no idea what makes a decision bad, plus i didnt watch either

NML

Budgets are so frustrating. Don't we all have the same owner traits?

Last year I made like $45 million and exceeded expectations, and my budget went up $4 million.

This year I made $11 million but didn't meet expectations and my budget drops $12 million.

NML

Also got damn you guys have been intentionally not signing people for a while. Look at those comp picks

1st round - 22 picks
2nd round - 28 picks
3rd round - 28 picks

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Budgets are so frustrating. Don't we all have the same owner traits?

Last year I made like $45 million and exceeded expectations, and my budget went up $4 million.

This year I made $11 million but didn't meet expectations and my budget drops $12 million.

lolwat, you went 64-94

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also got damn you guys have been intentionally not signing people for a while. Look at those comp picks

1st round - 22 picks
2nd round - 28 picks
3rd round - 28 picks

Technically you can only not sign people for one year. Reel didn't know how to sign people so he has every comp pick this year. With impossibles it makes it a bit different now

NML

lolwat, you went 64-94

1) okay, but my point is really in reference to Kabul's budget sky rocketing when mine went up $4m when I did the same thing.

2) I still made money, shouldn't that have offset the bad record some?

In 2044, I made $35m, finished 77-85 (expectation was to finish .500, just short and my pythag was 82-80) and I dropped $4 million. In 45, I exceeded expectations, made $53m, and it went up $4m.

Obviously it's my owner, but I thought we had identical owners, market sizes, etc.

Not mad, just thinking out loud.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
1) okay, but my point is really in reference to Kabul's budget sky rocketing when mine went up $4m when I did the same thing.

In 2044, I made $35m, finished 77-85 (expectation was to finish .500, just short and my pythag was 82-80) and I dropped $4 million. In 45, I exceeded expectations, made $53m, and it went up $4m.

Obviously it's my owner, but I thought we had identical owners, market sizes, etc.

I'll explain more in a min, but it isnt your owner unless OOTP lies

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Okay here we go

1) Kabul made 32M and 61M last year, while winning 96 games. He's been building to this for a bit, and he has had budget problems in the past just like you are now

2) You didn't make that much. And it did offset it, if you hadn't made money you would have dropped more. You need to stop thinking this was the max drop you could have had and it will all make more sense.

Also pythag has nothing to do with budgets. 77-85 isn't good and you're lucky to have dropped 4M (that's the offsetting). In 2045, did you make the playoffs?

Basically the secret to budget is this:
Make over 20M > Winning record > Playoffs

Now even though playoffs is 3rd, it's the most important for big budget bumps. The first two just define which way the wind blows, usually without the playoffs you'll have 4M swings either way.

Wolfman21

I've made almost 100 million over the last two seasons while winNing 190 games and making the playoffs twice. Australia has nothing like that in a 2 Year span since 2039.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've made almost 100 million over the last two seasons while winNing 190 games and making the playoffs twice. Australia has nothing like that in a 2 Year span since 2039.

You made the playoffs last year? That explains it even more.

osick87

Community Liaison
My budget went up from 120 something to 140. Other than Rivera and maybe making a run at Key Party, I will likely just save it for next year. Next year looks like it will be the College draft.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Clodio got mad and bumped my budget to 202M, he is unhappy losing in the first round now. I'm going to blow it all on IFAs

I didn't think 202 was possible after being stuck at 180 for 3 years.

osick87

Community Liaison
I blew my Rat money on IFA pitching last year. Might try and steal a couple lower tier guys at 333,333.

osick87

Community Liaison
If one of the bad teams gets the first overalls this year and next, a future 1-2 punch of Piranha and Redbeard =

msy.gif

NML

Basically the secret to budget is this:
Make over 20M > Winning record > Playoffs

Now even though playoffs is 3rd, it's the most important for big budget bumps. The first two just define which way the wind blows, usually without the playoffs you'll have 4M swings either way.

So in 2045 when I made $53m, had a winning record, made the playoffs, and reach the south finals - why did my budget go up $4m?

NML

I made ~$90 mill and won ~170 games in 2044-45, so I'm not far off.

Wolfman21

So in 2045 when I made $45m, had a winning record, made the playoffs, and reach the south finals - why did my budget go up $4m?

My budget only went up a few million last year. Make a shit ton of money, make the playoffs across multiple seasons and see what happens.

NML

I guess I didn't realize that budgets are affected by more than just the previous season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So in 2045 when I made $53m, had a winning record, made the playoffs, and reach the south finals - why did my budget go up $4m?

Sometimes it just doesn't. I really don't think it has anything to do with owners unless my understanding of the setting is wrong. I have full revenue available on, which to my knowledge leaves owners out of it. But it may not, who knows with OOTP. I do think multiple seasons and momentum help.

NML

Interesting, didn't think of that.

The "sometimes it just doesn't" is what makes it so frustrating. Doesn't seem to be any formula.

FWIW my owner (Ignaty Lt) is listed as Tolerant and Economizer.