• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046 WBL Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Interesting, didn't think of that.

The "sometimes it just doesn't" is what makes it so frustrating. Doesn't seem to be any formula.

FWIW my owner (Ignaty Lt) is listed as Tolerant and Economizer.

I think it is to mimick reality, there is no formula for what an owner should or will change a budget to in real life. At least not with most owners. I won the WS and made $50M for 2 years in a row, stayed at $180M because why do I need more? I win the regular season and lose in the first round two years in a row and he bumps it up $20M. He's telling me something, or at least that's the story line I run with in my head.

osick87

Community Liaison
We'll see Giant Bomb is doing a Dungeons and Dragons playthrough and as DM for my group, I will probably watch that tonight.

haverchuck.gif

May just make it a video instead for Thurs. Somebody has to pick up the slack from @Wendell Gee

jdlikewhoa

Won't be able to export tonight. @OU11 or whoever has sufficient privileges, can you withdraw the arb offer to Sanchez? I think he's the only one eligible

Lloyd Carr

If I low-ball an arbitration estimate, what happens?

For instance, say I offer $725,000 instead of $900,000. If that 725 offer is too low, will the player counter and sign for something in between 725 and 900, or will I lose him to FA?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

For instance, say I offer $725,000 instead of $900,000. If that 725 offer is too low, will the player counter and sign for something in between 725 and 900, or will I lose him to FA?
No. In arb, you put a number up and so does the player. The arbiter then picks whatever he thinks is more fair.

The only way they become a FA is if you pick "withdraw". Then they are a FA because you didn't tender them a contract (that's why they call it "non-tender").

For instance, if I were you, I'd non-tender Farmer rather than pay him $750k or whatever.

Gooksta

The arbitrator either picks the teams number or the players numbers. There is no negotiations. Try to pick a number that you think is fair. If it isn't. The arbitrator will pick what the player is requesting

Lloyd Carr

No. In arb, you put a number up and so does the player. The arbiter then picks whatever he thinks is more fair.

The only way they become a FA is if you pick "withdraw". Then they are a FA because you didn't tender them a contract (that's why they call it "non-tender").

For instance, if I were you, I'd non-tender Farmer rather than pay him $750k or whatever.

Alright, good deal.

I can't risk Frank going to FA and someone snatching him from me. He's a Murrican for life.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
The arbitrator either picks the teams number or the players numbers. There is no negotiations. Try to pick a number that you think is fair. If it isn't. The arbitrator will pick what the player is requesting
I have had arb cases where the arbitrator awarded more than the player asked for after I lowballed it. #Sonofabitch

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I might start early tonight since we're setting up the draft. Reel and bdub are the only ones who haven't exported and there is a negative chance either actually do, so I'll probably start around 945 unless reel tells me to wait.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yours gone? I'll take care of it. Turns out that two feeders adds another 3092309 minutes to archiving, going on 34 minutes

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yours gone? I'll take care of it. Turns out that two feeders adds another 3092309 minutes to archiving, going on 34 minutes
LAWD. I'm bart scott to see if there are any good non-tenders. Going to have to get some bargains in FA to fill out pitching staff.

Wolfman21

This Guy has a good shot at building into a decent player out of a nobody in my farm system. Just need his movement to keep trending up as he develops. Started at 40/40/50 potential. Sitting at 70/45/60 potential right now at 19 years old.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This Guy has a good shot at building into a decent player out of a nobody in my farm system. Just need his movement to keep trending up as he develops. Started at 40/40/50 potential. Sitting at 70/45/60 potential right now at 19 years old.

That GB% not lookin too good for movement to head upwards

Wolfman21

Also, can't wait to get home and see what my scout thinks about this draft class. My favorite guys are all high schoolers...huge boom or bust potential there.

Wolfman21

That GB% not lookin too good for movement to head upwards

Definitely not. But it jumped 5 points this season. Hoping maybe he finds something. His potential is 45 and hes already at 40 at age 19. Just a hope and a prayer

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Definitely not. But it jumped 5 points this season. Hoping maybe he finds something. His potential is 45 and hes already at 40 at age 19. Just a hope and a prayer

He's already going to be a pretty good MR it looks like, 45 is good enough for that. With 70 stuff as a starter he's at least 75 as a MR which is good enough for a flyball pitcher. It'll be fun to see what happens with his development for sure

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
WORD. Malte Shoppe got a big paycheck from the Kiwis. And Lesbo snapping up the one bullpen FA that I wanted, Alex Roman.