• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046 WBL Season Thread

jdlikewhoa

3-2 start? Fuck it. Time to sell.

But seriously, my WBL team is on a 3 man rotation? Not sure what the hell happened there. Luckily, no injuries

Lloyd Carr

I trusted the AI to handle my minor league system, since I don't have much talent to actually manage.

I check the sim this morning and the farm system is a mess. Starters are relieving, and relievers are starting. You've got guys on the bench who should be starting games, and you've got players I should have cut starting in the field.

I guess I'm going back to managing it all. Which means I'm going to have to dedicate a lot of time today/tonight fixing the mess. The AI sucks in this game. It's worse than the goalie AI in FIFA 15.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He might just be stupid, it's all about angles.

Finally off my death bed, that was a weird flu. Days 1-4 were fever and feeling so-so, fever broke for days 5 and 6 and they were two of the worst days I've ever had being sick. Good to go now, except orlando will be simming full time after Haamid hit 4 bombs in one game this sim.

llX1AJv.png

giphy.gif

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
@Lloyd Carr Ultimately easier just to manage the whole dam thing imo. I tried what you did once too. Once.

@OU11 It was a weird ass flu I had too. Somehow in the middle of it I got immersed in EU4. Got a PU with Burgundy out of nowhere last night. OOTP just my side bitch now.

Lloyd Carr

@Lloyd Carr Ultimately easier just to manage the whole dam thing imo. I tried what you did once too. Once.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I've got a certain way I like the team to be, and I figured the AI could at least keep it somewhat similar to how I'd do it. But they just made moves I didn't understand. It's a pain having to keep an eye on all the minor league teams and players, especially when none of them are any good. But it's a bigger pain having to fix the screw ups the AI makes.

jdlikewhoa

Yeah, I think you're right.

I've got a certain way I like the team to be, and I figured the AI could at least keep it somewhat similar to how I'd do it. But they just made moves I didn't understand. It's a pain having to keep an eye on all the minor league teams and players, especially when none of them are any good. But it's a bigger pain having to fix the screw ups the AI makes.
I spent about 2 hours going through and setting things up initially. After that, I can fit managing all levels into my 5 minutes a day for the rest of the season.

Lloyd Carr

I spent about 2 hours going through and setting things up initially. After that, I can fit managing all levels into my 5 minutes a day for the rest of the season.

Yeah, that's usually how I do it every year. But after five seasons of doing it, and not really having anyone in the system that I care about anymore, I was going to try and just let the AI manage it while I focus on Buffalo.

I've traded most of my minor league talent away, so there's only a couple guys that I have an interest in. I figured the AI would be competent enough to get those guys in the starting rotation/lineup, but I was wrong.

But whatever, I should probably clean out the system a bit anyway before the draft takes affect.

Schauwn

He might just be stupid, it's all about angles.

Finally off my death bed, that was a weird flu. Days 1-4 were fever and feeling so-so, fever broke for days 5 and 6 and they were two of the worst days I've ever had being sick. Good to go now, except orlando will be simming full time after Haamid hit 4 bombs in one game this sim.

llX1AJv.png

giphy.gif

This was the unspoken part of our recent trade. 3 players for a 4th? Sure, I can also throw in some BP pitches for Haamid during our first series to bolster his stats. It's the little things.

jdlikewhoa

Yeah, that's usually how I do it every year. But after five seasons of doing it, and not really having anyone in the system that I care about anymore, I was going to try and just let the AI manage it while I focus on Buffalo.

I've traded most of my minor league talent away, so there's only a couple guys that I have an interest in. I figured the AI would be competent enough to get those guys in the starting rotation/lineup, but I was wrong.

But whatever, I should probably clean out the system a bit anyway before the draft takes affect.

I like going through because I always find players I forget about and don't show up in my top prospects screen. Completely forgot about this guy

EDIT: No.. he's not available @OU11 or @Orlando

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like going through because I always find players I forget about and don't show up in my top prospects screen. Completely forgot about this guy

Every 3 seasons (or when someone asks about a AA guy) I'll look through my minors and find like 4-5 guys that somehow popped that I had no idea even existed. "Where did these four 3*s come from?"

jdlikewhoa

Every 3 seasons (or when someone asks about a AA guy) I'll look through my minors and find like 4-5 guys that somehow popped that I had no idea even existed. "Where did these four 3*s come from?"
Thats what happened with Romero, Worsfold, and Roddis. I found them all at the same time down in my IC. My scout was busy putting in work apparently.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

@OU11 It was a weird ass flu I had too. Somehow in the middle of it I got immersed in EU4. Got a PU with Burgundy out of nowhere last night. OOTP just my side bitch now.

The first few days I didn't mind OOTP and was fine doing sims and studying my minors out of boredom, but Saturday and yesterday I had no will to even open my laptop. I watched all three Daniel Craig Bond movies, which are the 3 best ever IMO, then I made miss OU watch The Princess Bride and watched a full season of Brooklyn Nine Nine which made my back hurt since I threw it out sneezing on Saturday.

I have one of those fitbit things and I normally walk around 10k steps a day, I walked 1200 steps the last 6 days.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I have one of those fitbit things and I normally walk around 10k steps a day, I walked 1200 steps the last 6 days.

Do those things have battery life?It looks interesting. I tried a Timex Ironman GPS tracker in my running days, it lasted a week.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do those things have battery life?It looks interesting. I tried a Timex Ironman GPS tracker in my running days, it lasted a week.

Yeah but it only takes an hour or so to charge so I just pop it in while watching TV every 5 days or so and throw it back on. I have the cheapest one, I don't know the name but its the $80-$90 one. Wanted to see how many miles a day I walk so Miss OU bought it for me for Christmas.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have the Jawbone one. It lasts 7 or 8 days on a charge. My GPS watch only lasts 8 hours.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Kinda surprised to have the 5th best farm system..
I'm shocked to be 4th. But the rating system certainly is skewed towards having a lot of ranked guys vs. having impact guys. I think I have maybe one impact SP, one impact RP, a few semi-interesting arms and no bats that are more than platoon or defensive replacements yet I'm 4th.

I've also glanced over at a lot of farm systems when trying to trade with people and for whatever reason it seems like there are less 3*+ potential guys than ever before. Maybe because we are in the middle of the feeder system taking over? Maybe because the extra two teams disperse the talent a little more? Maybe because it seems like people aren't as slow as they were before in regards to moving guys up through a system? Probably all of the above.

Gooksta

I'm shocked to be 4th. But the rating system certainly is skewed towards having a lot of ranked guys vs. having impact guys. I think I have maybe one impact SP, one impact RP, a few semi-interesting arms and no bats that are more than platoon or defensive replacements yet I'm 4th.

I've also glanced over at a lot of farm systems when trying to trade with people and for whatever reason it seems like there are less 3*+ potential guys than ever before. Maybe because we are in the middle of the feeder system taking over? Maybe because the extra two teams disperse the talent a little more? Maybe because it seems like people aren't as slow as they were before in regards to moving guys up through a system? Probably all of the above.
Agree. I have maybe 1 impact guy.. maybe

Wolfman21

my prospect ranking is skewed by still ranking Thu and Lopez. Once they get taken off the list, i'm gonna drop like a rock.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I bought a lot of prospects in the offseason in IFA. Munoz cracked the top 25 which seems crazy.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
3-2 start? Fuck it. Time to sell.

But seriously, my WBL team is on a 3 man rotation? Not sure what the hell happened there. Luckily, no injuries
Actually a 1-man rotation from what I saw that.

If I have a bad April, might be time to blow everything up and try for a 1-2 year quick turnaround rebuild. I got my ship and wanted to try this set up out again but it's a very fine line I'm on.

jdlikewhoa

Actually a 1-man rotation from what I saw that.

If I have a bad April, might be time to blow everything up and try for a 1-2 year quick turnaround rebuild. I got my ship and wanted to try this set up out again but it's a very fine line I'm on.
Lawd. What did I do?

Wolfman21

Just sent out contract extensions to Kirk, Prophet and Pinto. 5 years for each. Prophet getting 5 mil per year. Kirk getting 1.5 mil per year. Pinto getting close to 8 mil per year.(still 80% of their estimated arbs) So pumped