• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 WBL Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm guessing errbody retracted their offers when prices got too high

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I had an offer out there too. I didn't rescind mine.

Interestingly enough I got a "you didn't offer enough" e-mail from Kim then he signed with me. Reel e happy with that signing. He fits my team perfectly in terms of his skills and I thought the price was right. I needed some SP depth too and he creates that.

Lloyd Carr

I ran a 6 man pen with no issues last year. Just try not to have too many guys with like 25 stamina.

I'm thinking only one guy in my pen has less than 50 stamina, so I'm going to give a 6-man bullpen a shot. I'd prefer to just get rid of my backup catcher and use Bly as DH and backup catcher, but I know that will eventually end in poor AI substitution management, so I think the safer route is to just get rid of my LOOGY and and hope the pen can still manage.

doh

I'm thinking only one guy in my pen has less than 50 stamina, so I'm going to give a 6-man bullpen a shot. I'd prefer to just get rid of my backup catcher and use Bly as DH and backup catcher, but I know that will eventually end in poor AI substitution management, so I think the safer route is to just get rid of my LOOGY and and hope the pen can still manage.
I tried a six man pen. The issue I ran into is weeks where someone has a short start/someone gets hurt you're bullpen gets murdered. I think if you search out high stamina guys, it could work. Also IIRC I had a LOOGY which kinda killed it too although you can have a LOOGY who also is a long RP as his second role. I actually think it's worth it especially with the chance to add an extra platoon/defensive replacement/PR and the lack of good arms right now.

The other thing is you could try six man pens on six game weeks and then seven man pens on seven game weeks.

Lloyd Carr

South

Buffalo
Cairo
False Bay
Kabul
Buenos Aires
Australia
New Zealand
Key West
Baton Rouge

North

Las Vegas
Helsingborg
Amsterdam
Istanbul
Moscow
Seoul
Dublin
Berlin
Lisbon

In the South, I think Kabul is going to be a couple games ahead of Buenos Aires/Australia. Nothing huge, but maybe 84 wins for Kabul and 79-81 wins for Buenos Aires and Australia. New Zealand/Key West/Baton Rouge could go any direction. I think New Zealand has more talent, but who knows if they will keep that talent throughout the year. Key West and Baton Rouge are both going to be in the dumps this year, so I'm thinking if New Zealand keeps a big chunk of the talent they have, Gooksta/Reel are going to duke it out for the 1-1 overall. I still think reel will get it though.

In the North, Istanbul/Moscow/Seoul is another toss up. I think those three are going to fight for that final playoff spot, and it will come down to the final sim. Istanbul is locked into the 2045 ship with Buffalo, so I've got them taking the last spot.

Playoffs

Buffalo/Kabul - Buffalo
Cairo/False Bay- Cairo

Buffalo/Cairo - Buffalo

Las Vegas/Istanbul - Istanbul
Amsterdam/Helsingborg - Helsingborg

Istanbul/Helsingborg - Istanbul

Buffalo/Istanbul - Buffalo

xK52ILW.gif

jdlikewhoa

Whoever keeps picking my team to go to the playoffs has not looked at the trash I've got in the field

Lloyd Carr

Your rotation will keep you in every game. All you need is your core (Inions, Charite, Guti, Rankin, Villarreal) to push that offense and you'll win games.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Lloyd Carr I actually ran a 6 man pen all year last year. I think doh is exaggerating any downsides. Keep the low stamina guys to a minimum or just as closer and you will be fine.

Gooksta

This league needs a baseball reporter.. a non owner to report stuff. Maybe leak false info to get people to possibly increase offers on some free agents and shit.. a buster olney type. Thoughts?

doh

I don't buy my team wins the NL regular season. My lineup has a couple holes in it and my bullpen isn't elite. I like my rotation a lot 1-5 especially with the Kim signing but Helsingborg and Amsterdam still have lineups that are probably still 60-80 runs better than mine. The biggest thing for me to finish 1st would be McHeshi's health. If I lose him my OF defense goes to hell and I lose a ton of offense.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
McHeshi's health would scare the crap out of me with his history. Rest him fairly often.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
When I thought everyone just pulled their offers I offered 4 years 8M per and he thanked me for the wonderful laugh

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
When I thought everyone just pulled their offers I offered 4 years 8M per and he thanked me for the wonderful laugh

I did something similar.

Good thing I signed Beanpole, because Aldred Jochems tore his fucking rotator cuff. Spring Training is gay. I even switched him to pitch less often for this last sim.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I actually took a few million per year off my offer because I assumed everyone dropped out. Happy it worked out.

@Karl Hungus nice pick-up with Beanpole. We battled for that one.

doh

I had offered 5/112 or something to Gonett and never pulled it. Very strange.

Wolfman21

Improved my lineup, improved my bullpen, starters are all a year more experienced so SHOULD be improved. Just gotta hope that turns into wins now.

doh

I think 112 was wrong too I think I was at 24 AAV or something. Oh well.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No you were at $22m. Thats what Gonnet said when I revised my offer. Guaranteed money only matters if per year is equal.

doh

My predictions

NL

Amsterdam
Helsingborg
LV
Istanbul (did I just type that?)
Seoul
Moscow
Dublin
Berlin
Lisbon

SL

Cairo
Buffalo
Australia
False Bay
Kabul
KWest
NZ
BR

Amsterdam over LV
False Bay over Buffalo

Amsterdam over False Bay

How many games do people think the expansion teams win? I'm going with 60-65 each.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You all drinking the crazy juice having me in 4th. Just wait till I get a couple of injuries and it's 7th place for me

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Doh basically predicts a repeat of last year.

Your team is good Yankee.

I think Lisbon will be decent to good if they make no trades. That would be dumb on their part though.

doh

Doh basically predicts a repeat of last year.

Your team is good Yankee.

I think Lisbon will be decent to good if they make no trades. That would be dumb on their part though.
I didn't really see any teams make huge leaps or falls. KWest has gone full tank. BR/Berlin have made some deals to win a lot more games (and still be 25-30 GB). Amsterdam has stripped down a little but they'll still be good. I could see you beating Amsterdam this year. JD keeps on saying he is trying to tank but he has the best SP in the game.