• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 WBL Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Well it only took 15 or whatever seasons but feels pretty good to finally get a UBL/WBL championship. I reel e wanted Kim in the FA and am happy I went for the three year deal with him. Happy McHeshi got the game winning RBI too. He's gone through a lot of injuries/bad teams/bad times but has been my franchise player this entire time.

Good year @Lloyd Carr you put together a super team. Incredible offense.

Going to be interesting to see if my winning starts a trend of teams resting their players the last 2-3 weeks of the year. Once I had the playoff spot locked in, I started to go easy on my hitters/pitchers. I think it really helped.

Lloyd Carr

Going to be interesting to see if my winning starts a trend of teams resting their players the last 2-3 weeks of the year. Once I had the playoff spot locked in, I started to go easy on my hitters/pitchers. I think it really helped.

I have no idea how to read into resting vs. not resting. I rest my guys pretty routinely throughout the year. No one in my starting lineup started more than 149 games this year, but the bats just completely fell off.

I'm Peyton Manning. Fuck.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As much as I hate to say it, doh deserved one eventually with how good he is at piecing together teams. Glad Torres got another ring too

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
First place in the record books, seventh place in our hearts.

For reals, congrats doh. First year expanding the playoff and you win it all. Doing it just like your Giants.

doh

Yeah my team was put together to use all 25 roster spots and for the playoffs. I just didn't think I could out muscle a lot of teams built in the league so I decided to try and get every ounce out of my roster. Have defensive replacements. Target guys who don't give up HRs. Wasn't sure it was going to work but happy it did.

doh

For reals, congrats doh. First year expanding the playoff and you win it all. Doing it just like your Giants.
I actually did in some ways pattern my team after the Giants. I got lucky someone like Sutton turned into a ridiculous set up guy, Franco was healthy in my bullpen, etc. but I figured out 2-3 seasons ago I wasn't going to have the firepower to beat you, OU or other teams like Istanbul or Buffalo outslugging them. Had to try and keep scores low and hope my defense was good enough.

doh

I actually did in some ways pattern my team after the Giants. I got lucky someone like Sutton turned into a ridiculous set up guy, Franco was healthy in my bullpen, etc. but I figured out 2-3 seasons ago I wasn't going to have the firepower to beat you, OU or other teams like Istanbul or Buffalo outslugging them. Had to try and keep scores low and hope my defense was good enough.

Lloyd Carr

Also, glad that @doh brought the ship to the US where it belongs. USA!

489.gif