• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll put out 80 defenders at every position for every Guti start if I have to, and bat Juarez 2nd every game the entire year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You can see my lineup/rotation this sim, it's pretty much in line with what you'll recommended other than giving Kotaku reps to see what he can do. 6 man rotation with Jab, Rauch, Evenss, Guti, Rags, and Velasq. I already know what Zhong can do and he's coming back from an injury so he'll get pen reps. Imarika and Corrigan splitting C time because Vis is proven and Maybe Corrigan breaks out coming from Amsterdam. Haswell DH for now. Carrillo and Tsao the other main OF. MIF is normal

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll put out 80 defenders at every position for every Guti start if I have to, and bat Juarez 2nd every game the entire year
:laughing: you don't have to take it that far.

also if there is major injury to either, I'll just give you JDs since it would void the deal.

Lloyd Carr

After looking at Yankee's possible lineup, it further reinforces my need to get a good 1B. Humphrey is a solid backup, but I need more fire power!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Really I wanted to use that first to get Bernal back, but it doesn't seem likely. So I am good with this.

what do you want for lips?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Bernal is too valuable, maybe I'd consider it for my first if my team starts sucking hard.

Lips, I don't know. Ask OU11 what he should be valued, and then subtract from there because I value him at 50% what OU does

Lloyd Carr

I definitely need more firepower. My lineup has one power hitter.

Bernal, Tsao, Aguilar, Imarika, Haswell, Juarez. I hope that was a troll.

If you go with both Vis and Imarika in your lineup, along with the other recommendations by Orlando, you won't have a hiccup in your lineup. There won't be one guy in there who has [sizable] drawbacks. I honestly think you'd have one of the better lineups in the league.

Lloyd Carr

I'd also definitely keep Lips as the #4. You'll be hard pressed to find a better backup OF.

Your biggest issue is going to be your pitching, and that's only because, as Orlando has pounded into my head, an Ace/strong front 3 is crucial for a deep playoff push. You don't have any lights out pitchers, but you've got a solid group who can give you the chance to make the playoffs. You will just have to hope your bats can outperform opposing pitchers, and hope your pitching crew can keep the score reasonable.

But yeah, I know I'm really gushing on your team, but you really do have the talent there to make Istanbul something to deal with in the North.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Bernal, Tsao, Aguilar, Imarika, Haswell, Juarez. I hope that was a troll.

If you go with both Vis and Imarika in your lineup, along with the other recommendations by Orlando, you won't have a hiccup in your lineup. There won't be one guy in there who has [sizable] drawbacks. I honestly think you'd have one of the better lineups in the league.

Other than Aguilar none of these guys are as good as the top tier power guys on Helga, Moscow, and Amsterdam to say nothing of the junior circuit

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Aguilar + Haswell, Juarez, and Bernal doesn't equal the Helga Top 4, or the Moscow Top 4, and definitely not the Amsterdam Top 4 though, is what I'm saying. And pitching sure isn't going to get me there. If there's another high impact bat out there I want him.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Aguilar + Haswell, Juarez, and Bernal doesn't equal the Helga Top 4, or the Moscow Top 4, and definitely not the Amsterdam Top 4 though, is what I'm saying. And pitching sure isn't going to get me there. If there's another high impact bat out there I want him.
You don't have to equal anybody. You just have to get up off the floor.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I really don't think your lineup is that far off from mine, Moscow's or the Tulips. Obviously your pitching needs help, but I think its good enough to get you wins. Once you narrow down your 5 SP, you will be fine.

osick87

Community Liaison
These are guys I could see getting traded from rebuilding teams:

@Reel's Crawdads
  1. Claude Blanc- Great OF Defence, mediocre MIF but solid enough for the flexibility, Very good Bat. Reel won't be contending for awhile so selling him while he's still max value (rookie contract @26) may net @Reel a couple good prospects. Possible trade destination: @Orlando . If Reel took a salary dump as well (Farren), Lando may throw a good prospect or two his way
  2. Po-Fu Zhi- Rough last year but has been a solid player for the Crawdads. Can easily be a MIF rental if a Starter for a contender goes down for the year. Is a lifetime Saint/Crawdad so fans would hate @Reel for doing it. Unless he comes out like gangbusters he wouldn't get much in terms of prospects.
  3. Folkert Van de Loo- Many would have this guy on their team. This guy would be a nice addition. The top dogs will want him if their bottom 2 or 3 struggle. Guys hoping to get a playoff spot will get him for a push. Blanc and Van de Loo will be the most coveted pieces. @OU11 has been talking about how shaky his bottom of the rotation is so I think he'd give Reel a good deal on him (2 or 3 solid prospects)
@Rutgers Mike Bomber Bears. He has a bunch of 27-28 year olds that could help teams. They could also help him compete if the Mega Powers somehow bomb.

1. Rien Paauwe- Utility player. Position ratings are poor but his IF/OF ratings show that he will improve over time. Looking at @doh for this guy. Power hitter. Sort of reminds me of a poor man's Porky.
  2. Francisco Sanchez- Bat Rental. Wouldn't really trust him in the field but has good hitting ratings. Seems very inconsistent from year to year but has shown very nice flashes.
  3. Randy Hapgood - This guy is a mixture between Blanc (At the age where he is going to be on the decline by the time Bears contend) and Loo (Will give a contender a great arm). He will help a team out like crazy and for a while. Would be worth the quite a bit.
@Mr. Radpants Distillers

1. Satoshi Watanabe - A more expensive, slightly better Van de Loo. Flyball pitcher despite high Movement.
  2. Kyeong-eon So - Very good bat. Rad has stated that his WAR dipped because he was getting him exposed to some CF time. Will be a good OF for someone.
  3. César Vázquez- Catcher with nice ratings. Minor league Contract. Has a Howitzer for an arm but isn't the best general.
  4. Tokimune Ogawa- Hits home runs and plays good Defence. Could be a nice bench bat on a contender or a worthwhile gamble for a hopeful.

osick87

Community Liaison
Rutgers actually has a nice rebuild situation. He has quite a few 27-30 yr olds that he could flip for 1 -4 prospects each and build his minor systems up.

I can do this for more teams if you want. I may also just do a "Tell Reel what FAs to sign so he doesn't have to call shitbergs up and ruin their development.

Wolfman21

just be careful who you flip for. 3 of the 4 prospects i traded for with Kiyomizu and Weaver have not panned out like I hoped. Joe Kirk is the only one that looks like hes gonna be worth a shit unless Felizardo can get his control in the right direction. Both Alcarez and Sacramento flopped.

Wolfman21

True that. Just getting Kirk for Kiyomizu/Weaver seems to be a good deal for me at the moment. If Felizardo can get his control up then i will have made out like a bandit.

osick87

Community Liaison
yeah, flipping for prospects.. especially real young ones can be a gamble
Which is why I always get more than 1 if I am the seller.

I let OU and Lando switch Campbell and Rat so I could get a whole OF and 2 SPs from them rather than get those two aces and nothing to little more.

osick87

Community Liaison
Weaver did what I wanted him to do and will be worth the mil each year by basically playing every position but catcher. If Marvin falters at first he will be there with defense.

Kirk would have been nice for 3b but oh well. We both got value out of it.

Wolfman21

Peppers is making my decision to not have him stay with the big league squad at the beginning of this season tougher and tougher with every pitch he throws. With the addition of Heida...the question is do I keep Peppers up and drop Nylund this season or do I keep Nylund and save Peppers until end of season and next year.

Lloyd Carr

Oh shit, you're actually talking about Yankee's owner dying. Haha, I thought you were talking about Bernal going down with an injury.

OOTP is crazy.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Crap we have a new thread.

Marzipan Computarious passed away. Sorry for your lots, Tankee

I'll see you gents at the memorial.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So CPU might be out of commission for a day. It might be for 4-5 days. Brutal.