• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Decent movement and control, but no velocity and only 1 pitch over 50/80?
If a guy has 6 pitches, they can get away with them being average. He has had success. His stats aren't bad. He is definitely a solid m-d rotation pitcher.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Which ones? Roviva and Guti are a year away. Rauch and Kaprolu suck and need another year in AAA. Velasquez got called up this sim.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That doesn't mean he isn't ready. His ratings are basically maxed out. He is ready to go. He should be in ST at the very least. He would be the NL Rookie Arm Wizard.

I know you don't like to read my posts, but I floated some good advice in that one.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
He's ready. I came here to say the same thing. Those guys need to be up in the WBL to progress. Seguin, Gutierrez, Velasquez. Also put Evensson into your rotation. I need ur help to damage Helga so I can slip past them in the night.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If someone wants to give me their first when he inevitably pitches under 80 ERA+ because he's not ready then I'll do it, otherwise you can trade your entire farm for him and see if it'll work out for you.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You can have JD's first next year if he pitches under 80 ERA+, but he has to pitch the whole season.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm not busting my load early unless I have to, I already tried that two years ago and now look where I am. They need more time plain and simple, maybe a mid season callup

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I cant believe you turned down a first when it was offered. LAWD.

You can have your first and JD's if you start Guti all season, bring up Juarez and dont start Inan and Juarez hits below 80 OPS+ and Guti pitches below 80 ERA+.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, Guti is definitely ready.

Not only should you bring him up, you should also definitely take that deal from Orlando. It's so hard for a pitcher to go under 80 ERA+ from what I've seen. I have absolute faith Guti will be above it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I already did bring up Juarez, but he's not play OF, I need him at 3B
I wish you would just read my post.

Yankee's lineup is actually pretty dang good. Inan needs to bat way further down the order though. Probably shouldnt even start. Tsao, Carillo and Haswell is a sick OF. Inan can be the 4th. Aguilar, Aguirre, Bernal is a sick IF. Fuck it, bring up Juarez to play 3B and LAWD. You just need a solid DH. Conner would have been perfect there. For the rotation, bring up Guti, Rauch and Velasquez to ST. At least two of them will be ready. You dont even need to make any moves and you will be the top bottom bitch.

Lloyd Carr

Do exactly what Orlando said, or keep Lips at your #4 OF.

Go re-sign Ertegun and stick him at DH, since he's more versatile (and a better bat) than bin Azzam.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, I would really like that Istanbul squad if he made all those changes Orlando suggested. Buffalo v. Istanbul 2045, make it happen!

Lloyd Carr

Ertegun and his 85 ops+ is exactly what my team needs.

I'd take him over bin Azzam, if you're sticking with Azzam at DH, since Ertegun has value as a backup IF if needed. They have similar bats, so the extra defense if needed would be more important to me. But Lips at DH would be a very solid move as well. Lips just needs more play time. If Lips at DH is your biggest hole on the offense, you're in a very good spot.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Ok so what's the deal for jd and my 1st though
Follow my lead in this post.

C - Imarika/Vis (trade one of them)
1B - Aguilar
2B - Bernal
3B - Juarez
SS - Aguirre
OF - Tsao
OF - Carillo
OF - Haswell
OF - Lips
(pick an OF to DH)

Call up Guti, Velasquez and Rauch. Figure out your starting 5. Send Jab to the pen.

If Guti pitches below 80 ERA+ and hits Juarez below 80 OPS+ you get the firsts. You cant do weird shit to make them suck though :laughing:

These are my thoughts at least. Others can chime in.

Or if you want both firsts, send me Bernal and Jab.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm trying out multiple guys, Bernal, Aguirre, and Juarez all give me flexibility. If Corrigan or de Blois start hitting I can stick them at 3B for example. Lips will get his reps but at some point I gotta give up on the ratings and accept what kind of player he is, starz be damned. I don't think Ertegun is the answer and I don't know why you guys think he is. He isn't even a great fielder and can only play the corner spots. 85 OPS+ whether at DH or at a shitty 3B defense wise is not valuable for my team. Juarez at 3B and one of my many corner OFs at LF gives me better defense in more ways than one and most likely better offense too. DH will likely be the big hole for years to come because I have no hitters coming up through the system either. May put Vis there and start Imarika there, who knows.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Orlando's post is more in line with what I was thinking other than I will always disagree about Lips. Bin Hazzam is definitely fighting for a roster spot this ST but I have no idea what Haswell will do either.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't like Ertegun.

I liek where you head is at in that post though. Juarez at 3B though. Dont mess around with Corridan or de Blois.

Lloyd Carr

Don't listen to Lloyd. Lips or Vis can DH. Or Haswell. Whoever you hate playing defense the most.

I was just giving him another option, since I know he hates Lips.

Also a rotation of: Duarte, Seguin, Guti, Ragalla, Evensson isn't light's out, but they are a solid group. Throw Rauch and Jab in the pen and you're on your way.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Orlando's post is more in line with what I was thinking other than I will always disagree about Lips. Bin Hazzam is definitely fighting for a roster spot this ST but I have no idea what Haswell will do either.
Haswell gon beast. Put him or Vis at DH. Give Lips one last shot in the OF since he is the better defender.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was just giving him another option, since I know he hates Lips.

Also a rotation of: Duarte, Seguin, Guti, Ragalla, Evensson isn't light's out, but they are a solid group. Throw Rauch and Jab in the pen and you're on your way.
Don't forget Zhong.

Lloyd Carr

I also ran a 2 Catcher system where one starts and the other plays DH, and then work out the rest days via 7-day lineups. It worked out decent for the most part. Only had one issue, where they both sat out a game and Widineev started at Catcher that game (wat?). I chose to abandon it though, since Bly isn't the best Catcher and I had a workable backup sitting in AAA that I could bring up.

Something else to consider.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I have Haswell at DH for the moment. Also trying out Kotaku because he put up good numbers with BA last year, he may not stick though.

Lloyd Carr

Man, I would definitely consider running the C/DH system. You'll have to probably be more attentive with 7-day lineups, but Vis at DH and Imarika at C, along with the rest of the lineup. Nasty.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm taking your deal, you can still get Lips if you want though
So we are clear, you only get them if those two players perform poorly. Also, no dumb moves. Play your best players. You seemed to agree with me mostly anyway. We can let it ride overnight and make sure no one is opposed.