• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

Wolfman21

Ill tell ya...goin back and looking at the previous drafts....thank GOD that I am selecting players now and no longer the sim. Good heavens they were terrible

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
yeah I need Dublin's art.

Folders are up to date for what I have, mind you I might need to run through a sim to create all of the logos I'm not sure yet. If they don't work I'll have them correct tomorrow.

Wolfman21

yeah, i noticed all of my jerseys/ballcaps reverted back to the old stuff. Is there anything I need to load, or when you do the sims, does it just load automatically?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll check the ootp forums tomorrow if i get a chance to see if there is something on my end i can do

Wolfman21

the logos remained fine. The ballcaps/jerseys reverted back to the old stuff for every team. I'm not gonna f with it anymore until all of the new jerseys/ballcaps are finished by @Orlando . Seemed like with every sim lately, something with my logos/jerseys/ballcaps has f'd up and its prolly my fault.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you generating the caps OU? I think you have to do that for them to work, not just add the logo.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hope he starts slow? That blows haha i guess i should have checked. If you cant get him to sign I'll give you a third next year

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cool, now I can fix my dropbox. Ever since I got this new computer things left and right are being weird or going wrong. I guess that's what happens when you buy second hand for $200

Lloyd Carr

You don't use up a guys option year if you pull him up to your primary roster for Spring Training do you?

I forgot how last year went, but do you need to put him on your primary roster to allow them to participate in ST? Or can you just leave them on your 40-man?

Also, how do you remove players from your 40-man roster?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You release them. They must be on your active roster to be active in ST, and yes it burns an option year once you put them back in the minors afterwards. They have three though, just don't bring them up until they are close to being ready.

Lloyd Carr

You release them. They must be on your active roster to be active in ST, and yes it burns an option year once you put them back in the minors afterwards. They have three though, just don't bring them up until they are close to being ready.

I just remembered you can also waive and DFA them to get them off your 40-man.

Lloyd Carr

Went ahead and fixed up my 40-man and my active, as well as went ahead and switched my minor league setup again and moved some players around where I figure they'd get more reps. I'm excited for the year to start.

Wolfman21

Went ahead and fixed up my 40-man and my active, as well as went ahead and switched my minor league setup again and moved some players around where I figure they'd get more reps. I'm excited for the year to start.

yup, did the same thing earlier. Only have 34 on my 40 man, but thats really all i need.

Lloyd Carr

Oh yeah, but they'll get snatched if they are any good. I'm terrible about remembering the basebaw rules.

Yeah, it's a risk. But if it's between risking waivers, or flat our losing them, it's worth taking the shot if you need the 40-man space.

Luckily the guys I waived/DFA to open space on my 40-man this morning aren't any good. If you'll want them, be my guest.

osick87

Community Liaison
I converted this to OOTP 15 for shits and giggles. Now I can run Sims and have my own alternate reality.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
yup, did the same thing earlier. Only have 34 on my 40 man, but thats really all i need.
I usually have 27-28. Depends on how many you need. My attitude is always you save about half a mil per player on guys who you don't yet put on you 40-man.

jdlikewhoa

First time OU hasn't fleeced someone in a while and doh might've won that one. It'll be interesting to see that DLS extension.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: not butt hurt. DLS has never hit over .300 before last season and you are paying him to hit for average. Gomes is actually a good hitter and $20m cheaper. It's probably an even trade, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a lot to pay for a rental.

osick87

Community Liaison
Lolz at giving a shit about Average.

Hipster puppy's all about that OBP (Yeah you know me) and runs created

hipster+puppy+007.jpg

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't care about BA much either. I want DLS for defense/gap power/speed.

His defense is worth on average +20 ZR (or 2.0 WAR) a year plus my park has a big OF… LAWD

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@doh will forever win most mad because he got mad at logos when everything else was running smooth :laughing: needed something to complain about