• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

Wolfman21

This is bullshit, I offer the top IFA 8,000,000 when he was only asking for 7,500,000....and @OU11 just so happens to sign him for 8,100,000???

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Done deal. Very happy to add the top two IFAs, go big in the years that Yankee can't spend

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It suggested 7,900,000 last sim to me but went 8.1M. I thought for sure Sao Paulo would bid me up again, they've been at it the whole time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Idk why it would have told you 7.5, I had a 7.6M offer out the sim before (10 days ago). I had to offer above that today

Wolfman21

Its fine. Just a little pissed that I got outbid for my top 4 IFA's by a combined 500 grand. Next year i'll offer them all so much damn coin nobody will be able to come close. After this year i'll have plenty of money for it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Its fine. Just a little pissed that I got outbid for my top 4 IFA's by a combined 500 grand. Next year i'll offer them all so much damn coin nobody will be able to come close. After this year i'll have plenty of money for it.
Thats the yankee way. You just gotta sell out, next year you'll have to battle yankee and get outbid by 20M

Wolfman21

Thats fine. At this point I don't care if I sign any of the big names. But I'm gonna offer every single one of them a couple million over their asking price. Get ready to pay assholes.

Wolfman21

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty happy with my prospects. The addition of my draft picks will make my minor league system that much deeper. Losing a few here and there is gonna happen, especially with my budget being middle of the pack. I'm a few years away from contending for shampships anyways

Wolfman21

@OU11

figured out the issues with the logos and why my kabul bulls logo wouldn't load. You need to have my logo loaded for the Kabul Bulls AND the Tehran Terrorists. For some reason my kabul bulls logo is only loaded for the Tehran Terrorists and not the Kabul Bulls. All I did was copy the Tehran Terrorist files, paste them in a separate folder, renamed them to kabul_bulls_#....and wala...all my logos are perfect in game now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I have it loaded for Kabul, I just haven't been able to upload the folder. GF has commandeered the computer for a test she is taking to get another license so it was all I could to sim last night. Anyway I don't need to have it loaded for Tehran, I can delete all of Tehran's images if I want. They gone

Lloyd Carr

I think it was decent for both of us.

There are four players left that I had my eye on. I could have gotten one of those with my first 3rd round pick, but it was very improbable any of the remaining three would be available come the latter two picks. Fox/Serif are both comparable players to the players I had left on my board, so I guaranteed myself two players when I could have only had a maximum of one had I kept my picks. Plus, I don't have to waste the time letting them develop, as both Fox and Serif are WBL ready if needed.

osick has almost no one on his A squad, so these extra picks allow him to get more players to fill the team out.

osick87

Community Liaison
Well the A squad will get a bit more filled out with draft, IFAs and me sending some guys down from AA. My minor league rosters are pretty fat.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Probably some crap players in your international complex you can bring up if needed too.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah that's what I meant with IFAs. It'd all work out even without this trade. 16 (now 20) players from draft, 2 4.5 potential internationals. Gonna be some cuts in the Gaucho household.

Wolfman21

So I'll be off work for the first two weeks of the regular season. Damn right. Sucks that I'm gonna be away from my computer for an entire week coming up though. Hoping for no injuries that week

Lloyd Carr

@OU11

When you do trades, do you export the teams involved at all before simming the next day? I want to play around with offering contracts to see what a couple players are willing to take, but I don't want to save those contracts or their reactions. I just want to test the waters to see how they respond, and by doing so I'll probably piss them off by low-balling them. And I know you'll likely do the trade with me and osick tonight, and I don't want you to do that trade and somehow save the stuff I'm about to do.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okay. I already exported once this morning with the actual things I wanted to do. So if I don't export any further, will my other export still go through?

Yeah, I only pick up what you put down. You can release your whole team and as long as you don't export (fignuts) it will be there the next time you download

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If he has $25M in space he can extend him. That's what he wanted at the end of last season from me.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I have tons of space for next year/he only led the WBL in WAR last year..

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I have tons of space for next year/he only led the WBL in WAR last year..

OU just did a really good job trading high. Hopefully his year with the bat wasn't a fluke, but it was out of line. He steals a ton of bases and is a fantastic defender. His bat is likely decent. It's very good if he repeats last year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I tried to resign him before we started talking the last time and he wanted $12M from me. I had to get rid of him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Oops. When I did them I could have sworn he was still holding a one point lead, maybe someone voted afterwards.
I didnt even notice you put them in. Bernal would probably want more money if he won anyway.

osick87

Community Liaison
That Giap De pick has me like

midwest_7-1dc1303c.gif

Wolfman21

Do you guys always make your best pitching prospects in the minors SP to get them innings? I've got a guy that only has two pitches that is obviously going to be a reliever in A ball...should I start him just to get him innings, or should i move him to MR already?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah they might get shelled starting in AAA so i might move them then but most can start through AA