• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Australia All Whites
I've got probably two too many outfielders, they are available

Henry Brown, LF - All star selection last season, nearly a 7 WAR, making $16 million this upcoming season on the last year of his deal. If you've got the cap space and want to win this season, here's ur man. @jdlikewhoa

Aad Aalbers, RF - Switch hitter who can play either corner outfield spot, he's still in arbitration and is making $5 million the upcoming year. He made the jump last year from rotation guy to good starter. Around a 3 WAR. Good team contract guy who might get even better.

I think it was @doh who was looking for a LH DH? Brown is an option, but so is Jasper Louter - he had a down year last season, but he was a stud the previous two. Louter is a slightly cheaper option than Brown.

There's a couple guys I'm not really looking to sell, but if people were interested I could make a deal work:

- Theodore Godfrey, CL : extremely consistent, elite closer
- Daniel 'Banjo' Caine, SP : went the wrong way last year dealing with injuries, but probably has one elite year left. Making $20m doe.

Brown and Caine would be getting similar returns, with Aalbers, Louter, and Godfrey requiring less. I'm really looking for young pitching, whether its WBL-ready or not. Also love getting high picks in return.

Key West
guys I am shopping

Yaseen Bin Jameel
Can play all infield positions. good power bat

SP Joe Valcourt
Serviceable Starter

SP Tony Cisneros
Serviceable Starter

dont want much back for em... send me a message if you have any interest.

Wolfman21

do you guys utilize your entire scouting budget? Its telling me that i have a 12 million scouting budget but the league average is 4 million. Sounds weird

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I do, I go heavy on international and it seems I've been getting good return on it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't have too much room to make moves this off-season. Team is already pretty set, so I'ma be bored. There's always IFA

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
We might have to hold off on the jan 1 fast forward unless we push back IFAs

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
First winning season in a very long time. Budget drops like $22 million :thumbsup: I didnt think that was even possible.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Arb also seems off to me. Everyone that is arb-eligible in 2042 is up for arb now.

Wolfman21

Arb also seems off to me. Everyone that is arb-eligible in 2042 is up for arb now.

I didn't notice it until you said it, but I'm seeing the same thing. I've got a couple guys that should still be at 490k in 2041 and then arbitration eligible in 2042 that are up on my arbitration list.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
First winning season in a very long time. Budget drops like $22 million :thumbsup: I didnt think that was even possible.

I feel like the huge swings in budget/ attendance are kind of unrealistic. Yeah, my team was horrendous this past season, but we won the 'ship the season before. I don't think my gate would really drop by 1/3, even if at one point I had 3/5 of my rotation and 2/3 of my outfield on the DL.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Attendance depends a lot on how your fans feel about you. Can't lose and also get rid of really popular players. Budgets also go up quite fast if you play it right but Quale did get screwed since his objective was just to get to .500

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think that was the quickest postseason we've ever had

I'm trying to get things back on track, got on two wheels for a while but we strong now.

How many days do you'll need for this? If possible I'd like to go to Jan 1 tonight and get this show on the road.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You a winner or loser? I'm tryna win next year

What positions are you rolling deep in? I have SP and some average backup MIF

Got any specific players you want out? Jorge Lopez can go, as well some some prospects. I have 4-5 good SP prospects that I won't have room for all at the same time. This means that I could let go one of the big three (Wong would be the front runner there) if the package spoke to me.

Where are you weak at? OF/MIF is always a place I look to beef up, I also enjoy draft picks. Also could use a MR that is on a cheap deal

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Y'all are screwed next year. There will be one more challenger for middle of the pack in the South.

Are you really going to compete?

elated-pink-shirt-nets-fan-o.gif

jdlikewhoa

I've got some guys in AAA that were ready this year. I think holding them back another season would be dumb. It's all up to them to produce

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Attendance depends a lot on how your fans feel about you. Can't lose and also get rid of really popular players. Budgets also go up quite fast if you play it right but Quale did get screwed since his objective was just to get to .500
Yeah my jump seems extreme. My fan interest went up. I also got a new owner who I think is more of a penny pincher. I mean I can't do anything now. Second lowest budget after that season. I'll be lucky if I can sign my arb guys. This kind of sucks.

osick87

Community Liaison
Looking at the website, I have 10 guys that I will have to go through arbitration with.

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Salvador Camelier{/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mike Smith{/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td}$750k(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Claudio Mejía{/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$825k(A){/td}
{td}$825k(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dave MacGruder{/td}
{td}$950k{/td}
{td}$1.1m(A){/td}
{td}$1.1m(A){/td}
{td}$1.1m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jung-min Si{/td}
{td}$1.1m{/td}
{td}$1.3m(A){/td}
{td}$1.3m(A){/td}
{td}$1.3m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Nicolas Brun{/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$1.5m(A){/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$1.5m(A){/td}
{td}$1.5m(A){/td}
{td}$1.5m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Noboru Gato{/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$1.7m(A){/td}
{td}$490k{/td}
{td}$1.7m(A){/td}
{td}$1.7m(A){/td}
{td}$1.7m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Naif Na'Il bin Imad{/td}
{td}$2.4m{/td}
{td}$2.8m(A){/td}
{td}$2.8m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bingham Kaltenbach{/td}
{td}$2.8m{/td}
{td}$3.2m(A){/td}
{td}$3.2m(A){/td}
{td}$3.2m(A){/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tokimune Ogawa{/td}
{td}$2.6m{/td}
{td}$3.3m(A){/td}
{td}$3.3m(A){/td}
{td}$3.3m(A)
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
$20 million from what I recall. I can't see last years budget until we move into 2041. I thought it was like $128 or 130 million and now it's $110 million. When I talked about it a bit ago my estimated budget was $122 million for this year. Still a drop after a good season which is dumb, but I didn't expect this.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Might be a bug since you met all the qualifications. I'll do some research because that definitely shouldnt happen

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean I don't mind the budget staying the same or dropping a little based on attendance, but it seems extreme based on the owner being ecstatic haha. I'll deal with it either way though if you don't find anything.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean I don't mind the budget staying the same or dropping a little based on attendance, but it seems extreme based on the owner being ecstatic haha. I'll deal with it either way though if you don't find anything.

Did your market size drop to 3?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So you lost $6M but made him happy otherwise. Market stayed the same, I haven't found anything on it on the OOTP forums. We've never had a budget dive like this, if it was really $22M that is way too large a drop.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think I lost $6m. That wasn't red the sim before we moved into the offseason. It's calculating it based on $110m budget. For some reason when we get the next years budget, you lose the current year info because it thinks that's your current budget. I wish I screenshot my finances before downloading the most recent file. If anyone hasn't downloaded it yet maybe they can send it to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't think I lost $6m. That wasn't red the sim before we moved into the offseason. It's calculating it based on $110m budget. For some reason when we get the next years budget, you lose the current year info because it thinks that's your current budget. I wish I screenshot my finances before downloading the most recent file. If anyone hasn't downloaded it yet maybe they can send it to me.

I did clicked last year, which means it is the finalization of last year's books. -$5.2M to be exact. And you have no cash which is another thing that can cause a budget to drop. We need a cap on the drop if it is going to go down $22M tho

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Pretty sure clicking last year is still wrong if you do the math there.

I don't know how to add. I really have no idea I'm just trying to figure it out. It doesn't make sense that even if you lost $6M you would drop $22M after the year you had

Lloyd Carr

Can we advance a day this afternoon? Even if someone hasnt gotten the file from last night, one day shouldnt affect too much.

Lloyd Carr

Offered a contract I dont want to offer. And if I take it back, Id be making waves with a player I dont want to make waves with.

I wanted to advance so I could get away without exporting with that offer situation in play.

Plus there are other offers I have out that Id like to see play out, without forwarding all the way to January.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
I will do all my stuff tonight. Is this one just contract stuff (Arb offerings and extensions)? Is there a way I can see my budget on the website?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Offered a contract I dont want to offer. And if I take it back, Id be making waves with a player I dont want to make waves with.

I wanted to advance so I could get away without exporting with that offer situation in play.

Plus there are other offers I have out that Id like to see play out, without forwarding all the way to January.
Reload the league and re export.