• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerBsaturn

Touchdown Jesus
Why did they increase the buyout so much?

With only 2 years left on his contract. Probably figured he needed a longer contract for recruiting proposes.

Word on the street is Diaco turned downed Jerry Kill as OC, and then the boosters came up with the money to show him the door.

Wouldn't mind Randy Edsall back.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
With only 2 years left on his contract. Probably figured he needed a longer contract for recruiting proposes.

Word on the street is Diaco turned downed Jerry Kill as OC, and then the boosters came up with the money to show him the door.

Wouldn't mind Randy Edsall back.

Mark Whipple? Up until his most recent stint at UMass, he's been pretty successful.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Joe Moorhead please.

giphy.gif

-YTC

Renegade

Charge on!
You mean the guy that got demoted twice at Utah? I'm sure he's learned and gained experience, and I'm sure at 25 shouldn't have been pushed into the OC role so quickly. It sure seems like he's probably a bright guy who got thrust in the spotlight a bit too quickly, and I sure love the guy for winning me money during the Sugar Bowl, so I hope he does well for UH.

coogrfan

I just happy that (1) someone other than Major will be calling the plays :cool: ; and (2) we didn't see fit to dip down to the FCS level for the hire.

Renegade

Charge on!
So I predict that Edsall is fired in 3 years after 3 straight finishes of 5th or 6th in the AAC East. At least it will be free that time for UConn.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Read an interesting rumor about Kevin Wilson today. Was let go because he's basically Sark2.0. Shit faced at team events and booster functions multiple times.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah that rumor has been floating around since he got fired. Or at least that he has an addiction of some kind.

coogrfan

LMFAO!!! Anyone still believe Saban was pimping Kiffin for every available HC job because he (Saban) thought so highly of him (Kiff)?

Craig7835

LMFAO!!! Anyone still believe Saban was pimping Kiffin for every available HC job because he (Saban) thought so highly of him (Kiff)?

I don't. Did you see the way Kiffin just sabotaged that gameplan let alone Hurts? He knew better about that. Why in the fuck did he NOT utilize a 2TE 2 RB set when the Huskies was running cornerback blitz almost 60% of the game, then you want to get cute by trying to run trick plays? He did the same shit against Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl back in 2015

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fisch was really just fine at Michigan. Although I don't think Speight is anything but an above average QB, he still completed 60% of his passes and had a 18-7 ratio. Michigan's offense was 26th in S&P+ going into the bowl game, despite having Speight at QB and a mediocre offensive line. No great skill position players, either, outside of arguably Jake Butt.

But yeah, he's a pro style guy, so he must be awful. Gotta read from the script I guess.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Are you this dense on purpose? Michigan's offense was above average, despite working with a bad OL and a QB that's only okay. But yeah Fisch sucks.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Fisch wasn't even the OC at Michigan, you mong. I'm sure Harbaugh was more involved in the offense than Fisch.

Fisch's 5 years as OC at NCAA and NFL: 110th, 70th, 37th, 31st (out of 32), 31st (out of 32). Wow, great resume! But he got Speight (probably Harbaugh's work in reality) to a 2.5/1 TD/INT ratio, so he might as well be Chip Kelly!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fisch wasn't even the OC at Michigan, you mong. I'm sure Harbaugh was more involved in the offense than Fisch.

Fisch's 5 years as OC at NCAA and NFL: 110th, 70th, 37th, 31st (out of 32), 31st (out of 32). Wow, great resume! But he got Speight (probably Harbaugh's work in reality) to a 2.5/1 TD/INT ratio, so he might as well be Chip Kelly!

That's a reasonable argument. Much better than your idiotic 18-7 really sucks! argument.

It's not a home run hire, for sure, but it's not the worst hire in the world either. UCLA did that last year :thumbsup:

Brick

Oh good, Mora hires another WELL RESPECTED IN THE CORCHING COMMUNITY sure bust. Fisch is awful. There's a reason he's 40 and I think this is already his 10th or 11th coaching job. He'll be getting his 11th or 12th in a year or two if Mora keeps trending in a bad direction.

At least Harbaugh is doing his jerb and realizing he has work to do. Maybe people are seeing behind all the dumbass memes his greatest accomplishment is still winning the chicken wing bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.