• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig7835

I see Taggart hasn't yet hired an OC for Oregon. Didn't someone in here say it's important he brings along his USF staff because he doesn't call the plays and they changed his old trog offense? Every place I'm looking says he makes the calls.

Willie probably did maybe he doesn't want to tell the media about it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Stupid TN fans tom bout Helfrich for Vols OC. Butch ain't hiring him. He's too insecure and I doubt he'd want the job anyway. Butch will prolly get fired next year.

They will promote Larry Scott or Zach Azianni from the staff. Bet.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Curious if Kelly wasnt interested in the Oregon job because he thought he would be with the 49ers next year. Or if he really wasnt interested.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I can only imagine the people in this state if we hire a coach for 4 million. Think of the children!

Who was the moron that said "Minnesota can't stand for their coach to be an embarrassment on a national stage" when Jerry Kill had like four seizure during a game against Iowa State? That guy would probably break bad and drop the Minnesota Nice forever if that happened.

Can confirm. Contacts froze taking the trash out here in Linden Hills today. Rethinking hatred of Florida and Commiefornia.

Brick

Who was the moron that said "Minnesota can't stand for their coach to be an embarrassment on a national stage" when Jerry Kill had like four seizure during a game against Iowa State? That guy would probably break bad and drop the Minnesota Nice forever if that happened.
This assumes anyone even knows who their coach ever is. People knew who Kill was solely because of the seizures and the Rinaldi stories. Maybe if the new Minny corch gets a DUI, beats a woman, or rapes a Somali refugee, Rinaldi can really up the national image of the school with a recovery story.

Renegade

Charge on!
Minnesota: Per source, Minnesota has reached out to Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo about their head coaching job.

Yeah, because they want to run the flexbone, and because he'd leave for Minnesota when he didn't leave for BYU despite feeling like it was a religious calling.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, because they want to run the flexbone, and because he'd leave for Minnesota when he didn't leave for BYU despite feeling like it was a religious calling.

Would be a great hire for Minnesota, but it's not going to happen.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
This assumes anyone even knows who their coach ever is. People knew who Kill was solely because of the seizures and the Rinaldi stories. Maybe if the new Minny corch gets a DUI, beats a woman, or rapes a Somali refugee, Rinaldi can really up the national image of the school with a recovery story.

You must have missed the uproar this summer when Neil Allen got a DUI and forced the Pohlad's to finally accept Terry Ryan's resignation. @osick87 and I just about this on gchat all the time but this state is obsessed with being MN Nice and promoting local yokels. They should just hire Dave Winfield to corch Golden Gopher Foozbawl and Basketball.

Thepro_23

Indeed I voted blue in November but I am deeply ashamed to be associated with these two payasos de mierda running the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Will switch parties as a consequence until the Dems clean up their act.
were you just unhappy with how title 9 was applied in this situation? Honestly curious to hear your opinion here, because it seems like most people are for the firing.

osick87

Community Liaison
You must have missed the uproar this summer when Neil Allen got a DUI and forced the Pohlad's to finally accept Terry Ryan's resignation. @osick87 and I just about this on gchat all the time but this state is obsessed with being MN Nice and promoting local yokels. They should just hire Dave Winfield to corch Golden Gopher Foozbawl and Basketball.

That's the wrong jest.

It mostly focuses around Brian Dozier not going to be traded due to him leading faith nights now. In case anyone is wondering.

bruin

Fisch hire official. Also named QB's coach.

Hopefully Tui stays on the staff. Move him to WR's or something.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

AOXUePW.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator

Could the GT of the B1G. Would be an improvement of what they have been since before the Kennedy administration.

Craig7835

Stupid TN fans tom bout Helfrich for Vols OC. Butch ain't hiring him. He's too insecure and I doubt he'd want the job anyway. Butch will prolly get fired next year.

They will promote Larry Scott or Zach Azianni from the staff. Bet.

Colin Cowherd said the other day that if Butch Jones would've been fired if the Vols lost to Nebraska

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Butch will either be gone next year, or he'll have some miracle 10 win year where he gets crushed in the SEC championship game by Bama but gets a Kirk Ferentz-like contract extension. And then they'll suck for 4 years but won't have the money to fire him.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

Brick

I don't dismiss recruiting overall at all. I dismiss recruiting rankings as a constant explanation for why a coach is succeeding or failing at a particular school. Schools like Michigan or Tennessee are perfect examples. It's always _____ LEFT THE CUPBOARD BARE. Unless a coach is just really, really bad at recruiting, PROGRUMS are going to be pretty consistent regardless of corch in the overall rankings/skill level of people they get. It's more important how the coach, you know, coaches them once they're in the system. And retention of said recruits. If you're expecting a coach to come in and boost your top 10 program by getting better talent in there, you're in for disappointment. Corch Jones is nearly the perfect example of this.

Look at the change in five year rank percentage in this, for example: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ge-football-recruiting-improvement-tcu-baylor

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Sure buddy.

Butch is going to get fired because he's a shitty coach. Who cares if you can recruit if your teams are consistently mediocre (like Jones, Hoke, any USC coach post Carroll, etc.)? Don't tag me with that fuckshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.