• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
7 yr contract for a pitcher now on the wrong side of 30. :thumbsup:

Hope it pays off for them in the next year or two.

osick87

Community Liaison
Greinke to the Diamondbacks?

qI3YBpp.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
I was meaning in general.

Also this happened weeks ago and it's just getting out now.

osick87

Community Liaison
@Mr. Radpants

http://deadspin.com/dusty-baker-had-a-hell-of-a-press-conference-1746937308

What specifically have you told the front office you’d like that you don’t have yet?
“You’re always in need of left-handed pitching, left-handed hitting, and in need of speed. I think that’s the No. 1 thing that’s missing, I think, in the game is speed. You know, with the need for minorities, you can help yourself. You’ve got a better chance of getting some speed with Latin and African-Americans. I’m not being racist. That’s just how it is.”

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I may have told this on Utopia before, sorry if so.

I was on a travel team that did pretty frequent trips to Florida. One year we played against Prince Fielder's team. It was in Miami I think, but it could have been Cocoa Beach (I will never return to Cocoa Beach after having to eat at the Cocoa Expo, ugh)

Prince Fielder was a couple years younger but he was pretty much the best player on the field. Most of us were 17-18. Cecil was there in the stands so we all thought it was pretty cool.

Prince was pretty big but wasn't a behemoth like his dad had been. At one point in the game he got on first, I think he walked. I played first base.

So I was saying what's up, etc. He wasn't particularly friendly but wasn't a jerk or anything. He was wearing all these gold chains or whatever.

Anyway, there was a pitch and I heard all of Prince's chains jingling. I looked up and the big dude was halfway to second. Typically, I would hear the footsteps and yell, "GOING!", but I literally did not hear this big dude take off. He was so light on his feet I only heard his chains.

I was so surprised I was kind of like "G-GOING??" and our catcher had late heads up and Prince stole easily.

Then after the game my friend on the team ran up and got Cecil to sign his hat while Prince and Cecil were walking together, leaving the game, which I thought was in poor taste and kind of embarrassing.

Anyway, yes, Prince Fielder is probably pretty fast for a 280 pound dude because he was the fastest big kid I ever played against.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I also cleated Wyatt Taregas by accident and chucked a baseball into Joe Saunders back intentionally. Played beisbol for 20 years, you occasionally play against some players that make the show and occasionally there's a story.

The Fielder thing obviously stood out even at the time because it was honestly pretty bizzare and he was already famous by association and Cecil was there. The thing I wonder about is whether I misinterpreted it at the time and it was a perfectly executed delayed steal. It would make sense as I heard the chains but not heavy footsteps.

Delayed steals are a lethal play in high school and college when executed right. We stole the execution of the delayed steal from UVA and made a killing when I was corching. Since they rely on surprise it would make perfect since for Prince to run this play.

Wolfman21

looks like Braves get Ender Inciarte as "part" of the compensation...per an MLB article posted 20 minutes ago. Dbacks fans, tell me about Inciarte

Wolfman21

Also, just looked at last years top 5 SB leaders and Dusty would be extremely happy. 2 black guys, 2 white guys, 1 hispanic. 3 to 2 blacks/hispanics to whites. Its just the way it is...no racist

Wolfman21

I love what braves got in deal

If its true, this trade is a fucking home run for the braves. That report came from the braves website that those players are involved. I sure hope so. Inciarte and Swanson would have me jacked but to get a Top 60 pitcher as well would be mindblowing. I'm hoping its true.

Gooksta

If its true, this trade is a fucking home run for the braves. That report came from the braves website that those players are involved. I sure hope so. Inciarte and Swanson would have me jacked but to get a Top 60 pitcher as well would be mindblowing. I'm hoping its true.
It's a rape for the braves.. deal is official.. Also another pitcher coming to braves I believe