• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

Wolfman21

Newcomb a top 20 prospect and immediately becomes our #1. Absolutely fine with this trade. Simmons shit bat about averaged out his amazing defensive plays. All braves fans are all, "Rawr rawr, simba, rawr".

Wolfman21

Meh, next season is a throw away year anyways. As long as they don't throw a straight trog with 2 left feet out there when they start competing again, this will be a ++ trade for the braves if the pitcher/pitchers pan out.

Wolfman21

4.5 of those wars are defense. I'd rather have a top of the line starting pitcher which is what the one dude they got back is projected to be.

Wolfman21

The braves aren't contending in the only years his contract is "team friendly". So they traded him away for assets that will help them when they plan to contend. I don't understand why Braves fans are having such a hard time understanding this.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Third highest Fangraphs WAR SS. He might be the best defensive player today period.

I just got done watching Ean Desmond for 7 years so I do value (or overrate if you must) defense at SS. 20 errors, 20 bolts is just no fun.

Wolfman21

Ian Desmond is just a shitty SS. Hes not even league average. He would have a 40-45 SS defense rating in the WBL.

Give me a slightly above average defensive SS with a bat that can either get on base and create havoc or can hit bombs and you can have Simmons and all of his defense. Thankfully we have the above average defense SS that can get on base and cause havoc coming in Ozhaino Albies.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
At 9th in WAR among SS, Desmond was the definition of league average, although his skill set isn't common. Before this year, he was top 3 SS in WAR yearly.

But I like your description of your ideal short stop, because that's who the Nats have coming next year in Trea Turner.

Renegade

Charge on!
I get the Simmons trade; I'm not happy, because he was fun to watch, but I get it. But now the Twitter is reporting that they're trying to move Freeman, and I may have an aneurysm if they do that.

Gooksta

I get the Simmons trade; I'm not happy, because he was fun to watch, but I get it. But now the Twitter is reporting that they're trying to move Freeman, and I may have an aneurysm if they do that.
Marlins need a 1B.. Stanton and Freeman?!? With Gordon and Yelich

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Freeman makes too much to be a Marlin. Loria is not paying $12 million for anybody by Stanton. Freeman makes $20.5 million in '17. Enjoy Ryan Howard 2.0.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There's five years left on it, so I guess it's 5 years at $20+, but these are Freddie's 27-31 years. Howard's contract started when he was 32.

They are also very different hitters, Howard was a huge power bat, Freeman has solid power but he's known for his eye. I believe high OBP ages better than power but they aren't even at comparable ages.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
$12 million this year
$20.5 million next year
$21 million in 18 and 19
$22 million in 20 and 21

A lot of money is owed on that deal.

atlbraves

Howard had 126 OPS+ in his age-31 season - that is the last year of Freeman's contract. Also, Freeman is below-average on defense, but he shouldn't be as much of a negative as Howard.

Wolfman21

Would prefer to keep freeman. Better be a damn good haul. There's really not much in our system in regards to position players. Unless they're planning on moving Braxton Davidson to first.

Wolfman21

Next year was gonna be awful as soon as they started this deal. Simmons and freeman aren't gonna change that. I know they've got a suitable backup in the wings for simmons...not sure what theyve got for freeman...that's why I'm hesitant on moving him

Bucksin04

"Old man baseball writer who doesn't understand sabermetrics" is one of the worst things in sports.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151118/sports/151118849/

We're headed toward a day when a pitcher with a losing record will win the award and fortunately for Arrieta it wasn't this year.

The Cy Young doesn't have to go to the pitcher with the most victories, but the sense lately has been that pitchers are penalized for winning.

/spends 30 seconds on Baseball Reference

2015 Cy Young Winners: Dallas Keuchel and Jake Arrieta. Both led their leagues in wins.
2014 Cy Young Winners: Corey Kluber and Clayton Kershaw. Both led their leagues in wins.
2013 Cy Young Winners: Max Scherzer and Clayton Kershaw. Scherzer led the AL in wins, Kershaw was 3rd with 16 wins (Wainwright and Zimmerman had 19 wins)
2012 Cy Young Winners: David Price and R.A. Dickey. Price led the AL in wins. Dickey was 2nd with 20 wins (Gio Gonzalez had 21 wins)
2011 Cy Young Winners: Justin Verlander and Clayton Kershaw. Both led their leagues in wins.

Wolfman21

that guy is a complete idiot. He voted for a guy with a damn near 4.0 ERA for the hall of fame every year. He wrote that he didn't want the article to be taken as "anti-analytic" and then went and wrote an anti-analytic article. There is so much stupid in that article I want to drive to his house and punch him in the face and yell, "DON'T BE DUMB!" to his wife.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
MLB1115_Bryce-Harper-Ugly_large.jpg

MLB1115_Jose-Bautista-Ugly_large.jpg

http://freshbrewedtees.com/collections/ugly-sweaters

Last edited: