• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

NML

Well when you can get an overpaid big man with injury problems, you gotta do it.

Like I said earlier, the one thing we've learned from the new CBA is that you don't build through the draft and you bring in bloated contracts of average players.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Give me Sullinger over Lee any day.
When you can get a 6'9 guy who shoots 42% from the field over someone who was an All-Star last year and shot 52% this year you MUST take that deal!!!!

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
My heat off season moves prediction is sterling wins his cases, all clippers are ruled free agents, Riley signs Chris paw (who will join his long lost non identical twin south paw on the heat roster) and deanthoney Jordan to be rimjob protector.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Scouting report on Blatch:

Big twitchy fucker. Kind of roomie you pray you don't get. You know what I'm sayin'? 6 to 12 for armed burglary. Said he pulled hundreds of jobs...So one night like a joke, I say to him, I say, 'Yeah, Elmo? Who'd you kill?' So he says...

Elmo Blatch: (flashback) I got me this job one time busin' tables at a country club. So I could case all these big rich pricks that come in. So I pick out this guy, go in one night and do his place. He wakes up and gives me shit. So I killed him. Him and this tasty bitch he was with. That's the best part. She's fuckin' this prick, see, this golf pro, but she's married to some other guy! Some hotshot banker. And he's the one they pinned it on.

R2D2

When you can get a 6'9 guy who shoots 42% from the field over someone who was an All-Star last year and shot 52% this year you MUST take that deal!!!!

There's always a chance Sullinger gets better. As for Lee? He's 31, not getting any younger, and coming off an injury. If I'm Minnesota, I'd want Sullinger over Lee.

doh

There's always a chance Sullinger gets better. As for Lee? He's 31, not getting any younger, and coming off an injury. If I'm Minnesota, I'd want Sullinger over Lee.
I'd rather overpay for a 3rd option on a good team than a guy who doesn't play on a good team. Sullinger has no value. You can find tons of similarly talented guys in the League.

The idea of Lee is the same why the Warriors traded for him. He's a solid piece that gives the team relevancy. You have to start somewhere with a rebuild and the T-Wolves aren't getting Melo or a superstar there so just grab a double-double machine who is a great teammate…. Or you can trade for a mid-first round pick who has a 50% chance of being a rotation player. No max FA will go to Minnesota so cap space doesn't really matter much there.

I'd expect too if the T-Wolves made the trade with the W's they'd 1. Insist on Klay over Barnes and/or 2. want the Ws 1st rounder they bought last yea Nedovic.

Chase

Crossing my fingers Melo ends up in Houston. Would be great to see Melo/Harden on the same team. You would have two jump shooters who refuse
to play d, listen to their corch, or show any resemblance of leadership. And probably wouldn't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Darryl Morey analytics +++

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If Melo goes to Houston, Kobe should follow. Would be amazing.

The game would probably end with him, Melo, and Harden wrestling over the ball.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Thomas Jefferson worked out for the Hornets today. If he falls to 24, they should take him.

Mame YO

slings rocks
So now that it actually IS the offseason and the draft is next week... Anyone heard any rumors or have a favorite player for their team? Portland doesn't have a pick, but are we doing a utopia mock draft like in previous years?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
if he wants to win a championship, sure it would be foolish. If he wants to cash in, then i dont see anything wrong with it.

Chase

if he wants to win a championship, sure it would be foolish. If he wants to cash in, then i dont see anything wrong with it.

Don't think anyone can cash in with the Knicks current cap space. Maybe the MLE? I'm sure if they could, they would give him a 4 year/32 million dollar deal.

doh

He already got his ring and only made just over a million this year so if I were him I'd tried to get paaaaaaaaaaaaid especially considering he is still a back up next year for the Spurs if he stays.

Chase

Chad Ford's mock draft this afternoon

1. Cavs - Embiid
2. Bucks - Parker
3. Sixers - Wiggins
4. Magic - Exum
5. Jazz - Vonleh
6. Celtics - Gordon
7. Errrrz - Smart
8. Kings - Payton
9. Hornets - McDermott
10. Sixers - Randle
11. Nuggets - Harris
12. Magic - Saric
13. Wolves - Stauskas
14. Suns - Young

R2D2

76ers are trying their best to get Wiggins. They're assuming he'll be gone at 3.

Also, some dude at the Barves game tonight was telling his friend that Chicago will trade for Kevin Love AND bring in Carmelo Anthony. I laughed.

Bucksin04

I have an increasingly bad feeling the Cavs are taking Jabari Parker #1. Even though national reports are making it seem like Embiid is a lock and they're focused on him, it flies in the face of everything they've done in the past couple of years. Kyrie Irving didn't know he was the pick until his name was called. Thompson was a reach. Waiters was a reach. And Bennett didn't know he was the pick until his name was called. There's an excellent chance they're leaking the Embiid stuff hoping Philly makes them an offer they can't refuse, and still end up with Parker, their target all along, at 3. The pick simultaneously continues the trend of making reaches high in the draft coupled while following Dan Gilbert's "win now or else" mantra since Parker is considered to be the most pro ready prospect in the draft.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have an incredibly hard time believing it's as cut and dry as making Embiid the pick. Plus, while all the national guys are saying the Cavs are leaning Embiid, multiple local reporters are cautioning people to not believe everything they hear.

Chase

Jabari is a sieve on defense, but I certainly wouldn't consider him a reach at #1. Of the three players he probably has the lowest ceiling, but his floor is higher than both. Wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing for Cleveland to go with the safest of the three for a franchise that has completely shit the bed with picks recently.

Chase

Thoughts on the new Charlotte Hornets uniforms?

cc @BearDownUofA

BqgMxEpIQAAf5na.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The stripes are only down the left side of the uniform, apparently. Dumb. Needs reel pinstripes. And white numbers on the dark uniforms.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Since putting new Charlotte Hornets gear on sale in January, the team has set multiple franchise sales records. The team's original jerseys were designed by North Carolina native Alexander Julian, who said he received monthly shipments of barbecue in exchange for his work.

hahahaha

doh

Chris Broussard is the worst

Yes that isn't happening…. unless the T-Wolves are just really, really dumb. I think Barrea is just a pure salary dump/make it even move but to throw in the 13th pick would be insane. If you take out the 13th pick and have the Warriors send a future pick it makes sense to me.