• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
I don't want to sound like a hater, or pile on here, but who anchors the defense with love at center? Don't get me wrong, if the celtics can get love then they should... But love isn't a defender at all.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
That is why I think it would work better in Chicago, Noah can cover for Love like he did for Boozer

NML

Then the Celtics trade Stuckey and Pressey for James Harden

They trade Green & Bass for Nerlens Noel

Guards: Rondo, Harden, Bradley
Forwards: Melo, Sully, Wallace, Morrow
Centers: Love, Noel, Vito

Larry Bird quits the Pacers and returns to Boston

But then they all get killed in a Boston Marathon Bombing with Ass'corch

NML blinds himself having witnessed such horror and wanders the Earth as a hollow shell of a man for the rest of his days

That escalated quickly

NML

Packfan is right, to win a title he probably he needs cover like Noah.

I have no desire to get Melo, I've made my thoughts on him over the years clear. I have no clue how Melo and Love would operate in the same offense, especially with Rondo running the show.

With Rondo and Bradley, ur guards are lock down. But if the swing man is Green or Melo, you'd need to pair Love with an elite defensive big man to be a title contendor.

I didn't include this part, because the original idea was obnoxious enough, but the same "source" thinks Chandler could also come with Melo :laughing:

NML

I'm not sure there's a world where the Celtics starting line-up is Rondo, Bradley, Melo, Love, and Chandler - but it's a world I'd want to live in.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
From an ESPN NY article on who the Knicks should go after in the offseason:

Andrew Bynum: Bynum signed a veteran’s minimum contract to play with theIndiana Pacers in the middle of the 2013-14 season. Knee injuries limited him to just two games with Indiana. His reputation and career seems to be in need of repair after the injuries and drama over the past two seasons. If anyone can get him back on track, it’s Phil Jackson, whom Bynum enjoyed success with in Los Angeles.

3783720-lol.gif

WELCOME TO......ANOTHER DECADE.......OF IRRELEVANCE.

R2D2

I think SVP was talking on his radio show that the Knicks wanted to trade Carmelo for the #1 pick. Lulz.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Summary of Sam Presti's postseason interview: Brooks is staying, Perk is not being amnestied, Jackson will likely get a contract extension this summer, and Pleiss and Abrines are not being brought over from Europe.

OKC's 2014-15 season: top 3 seed in the West, out of the playoffs in the 2nd round or WCF. GJGE

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
who are Pleiss and Abrines and why arent they coming over? Isnt Thabo pretty much done there? I mean, it aint like they dont have holes on their roster (based on what i've read from you'll)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Summary of Sam Presti's postseason interview: Brooks is staying, Perk is not being amnestied, Jackson will likely get a contract extension this summer, and Pleiss and Abrines are not being brought over from Europe.

OKC's 2014-15 season: top 3 seed in the West, out of the playoffs in the 2nd round or WCF. GJGE

Wasn't the deadline to amnesty perk a long time ago?

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I wouldn't expect him to say anything different at this point.

Nothing really happens until the draft for everyone. He can't really say Brooks sucks and won't be back without anyone better available.

You would think he knows changes need to be made and they need to be agressive, of course I have been thinking the same of the Bulls for the last 4 years.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Pleiss is a German center who would be a decent offensive threat down low and a nice complement to Adams. Abrines is a Spanish SG who would be a solid 3-point shooter for us.

And yeah, Thabo is done.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

It keeps being brought up like it's still a possibility, but Presti isn't going to do it. He'll prolly just let Perk walk after this year. I don't mind having him on the team, but his contract is ridiculous and he's way overpaid.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It keeps being brought up like it's still a possibility, but Presti isn't going to do it. He'll prolly just let Perk walk after this year. I don't mind having him on the team, but his contract is ridiculous and he's way overpaid.

Perk/21st for Thaddeus!

Bucksin04

No, he signed a five year deal back in 2010. Since it was signed prior to the lockout (7/1/11) and because he is still with the Thunder, he's still eligible to be amnestied. His cap hit is $9,404,342 next year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No, he signed a five year deal back in 2010. Since it was signed prior to the lockout (7/1/11) and because he is still with the Thunder, he's still eligible to be amnestied. His cap hit is $9,404,342 next year.

Maybe I read that the deadline passed for last year alone then. Anyway he won't be amnestied because Brooks and KD luh him.

Bucksin04

Maybe I read that the deadline passed for last year alone then. Anyway he won't be amnestied because Brooks and KD luh him.

Yeah, you can only amnesty someone in the seven days following the July moratorium period. July 16, 2014 is the last possible day he could be amnestied.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Rumors afoot that MJ is pursuing Lance Stephenson and Carmelo Anthony. Not that it means anything.

R2D2

That wouldn't be a good fit. Carmelo just needs to stay in New York.

There was talks that the Erzzz wanted both LeBron and Carmelo. I lulzed at that because LeBron and Carmelo couldn't work together.

MiamiU26

I saw that too, Melo has til the 23rd to let the Knicks know if he wants to opt out of his contract.

Chase

Melo to the Heat would be the greatest thing ever. They would be the most hated sports team of all time.

They would be the second coming of..

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I would go with this lineup:

PG Lejaun Jones
SG Dwight Waides
SF Casey Anthoney
PF Charles Bish
C Greg Odor (on another 1 mill contract for 1 year-suck it up and play bitch ur only 2 years older than tom duncan)

Get chalmern'youare the fuck out of there.

R2D2

If it were me, and the Heat signed Carmelo, I would go with:

PG wAIDS
SG Norris Cole
SF LeBron
PF Carmelo
C Bosh

I would hate the Heat, but would love it if they signed Lance Stephenson with Carmelo. God that team. :crying:

Heisman06

Bart Scott for Bulls/Knicks fans reactions if this were to actually happen.

The real story here is Melo's agent making him the story of the league while the Heat and Spurs battle it out in an epic Finals rematch.

Gonna be sad when Heat players are being asked about this tomorrow as every ESPN show leads with "Melo to Miami: Herp Derp"

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I think we have to go for Casey Anthony. Waides, Iowagnone and I are just getting older and less reliable. I'd probably sign for the minimum this offseason to clear cap space.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Criminy I thought this was a joke but Windhorst and Stein wrote a serious article about it on ESPN.com. Lol.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That doesn't exactly validate it. Worldwide leader thrives on useless speculation to herd the mongs