• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Can't wait to take my grandkids to Cooperstown one day and tell them all of the riveting stories I have about watching Craig Biggio play.

-YTC

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Remember when Craig Biggio did.....no, that was somebody else.

what about when Biggio.....no, that was somebody else too.

There was that one time when Biggio.....fuck, that was somebody else as well. What the fuck did Biggio do but accumulate stats?

Renegade

Charge on!
Remember when Craig Biggio did.....no, that was somebody else.

what about when Biggio.....no, that was somebody else too.

There was that one time when Biggio.....fuck, that was somebody else as well. What the fuck did Biggio do but accumulate stats?

Not sure why accumulating stats is frowned upon. 3000 hits has always been automatic for the Hall, and it's not like there's many players that did that in less than 20 years. And longevity is a value. Fred McGriff is getting hosed despite not being a roider, because he never had any really gaudy seasons by our current standards (though he was one of the most feared hitters in the game for the better part for a decade), yet by the standards of the non-roid players he played with, he had great seasons. And he played at his peak for a long-time, but fell just short of the magical milestone numbers and is derided as an accumulator, which completely ignores the value of being a high quality player for a long time...no idea why longevity is devalued in favor of a couple of monster seasons.

It's a hell of a lot harder to go out there for every day for 20+ years and play at a high level than roid it up for 10 years with some monster season shit.

osick87

Community Liaison
He didn't look like he might have possibly taken steroids.

Bagwell was a better player but he was jacked and looked like he was pooping when he was swinging.

I also don't really have a problem with Biggio getting in.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can someone explain to me why Craig Biggio is such a better candidate than Jeff Kent?

There are a few examples of why Kent is a much better player but how about they played two years together and Kent was the better play both years by a huge margin.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Can someone explain to me why Craig Biggio is such a better candidate than Jeff Kent?

There are a few examples of why Kent is a much better player but how about they played two years together and Kent was the better play both years by a huge margin.

Biggio was nice to the writers.

Gooksta

Spitballers
Vaseline
Nail Files
Pine Tar
Stealing Signs
Greenies

Looks like the Hall is going to be reduced quite a bit this year.

-YTC
None of those turned 30 hr/yr hitters into 50+ hr hitters.. I respect what hank Aaron and mick mantle did. Therefore won't recognize what Barry did as a steroid user. Or Sosa or mcgwire or Clemens etc

osick87

Community Liaison
You mean when this Barry Bonds hit 46 in 1993?

2003802813.jpg

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
None of those turned 30 hr/yr hitters into 50+ hr hitters.. I respect what hank Aaron and mick mantle did. Therefore won't recognize what Barry did as a steroid user. Or Sosa or mcgwire or Clemens etc

Makes sense. I'm sure none of the HOF pitchers would have had their success lessened without doctoring a baseball. I'm sure Mike Schmidt took greenies because he liked the taste. I can't imagine either of those things would ever help a player accumulate better statistics.

-YTC

Gooksta

Makes sense. I'm sure none of the HOF pitchers would have had their success lessened without doctoring a baseball. I'm sure Mike Schmidt took greenies because he liked the taste. I can't imagine either of those things would ever help a player accumulate better statistics.

-YTC
Well boo hoo

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Lol Aaron and Mantle were hopped up on stuff too. It wasn't banned while these guys did it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Gooksta doesnt live in a world where logic and consistency matter, you cant debate with him, tho i do love watching people try :laughing

Gooksta

Gooksta doesnt live in a world where logic and consistency matter, you cant debate with him, tho i do love watching people try :laughing
Comparing greenies and scuffing the ball to steroids is absolutely ridiculous. It's not about "cheating". It s about how steroids enhanced players performance to video game type numbers.. im not getting into that stupid argument.. if you don't agree.. whoopty doo. It doesn't change anything..have your meaningless argument with someone else.

osick87

Community Liaison
Gregg Zaun sure was putting in those cheat codes.

Anyways, Bonds is posibly going to get in next year when the only first year guy who will get in is Griffey Jr.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Comparing greenies and scuffing the ball to steroids is absolutely ridiculous. It's not about "cheating". It s about how steroids enhanced players performance to video game type numbers.. im not getting into that stupid argument.. if you don't agree.. whoopty doo. It doesn't change anything..have your meaningless argument with someone else.

JQB7k.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
Jays apparently talking to Ichiro. They only have 4 OFs on their 40 man so I can see it. Can Ichiro play CF? Would like the 4th-6th OFs to be able to play each position.

Gooksta

Anyways, Bonds is posibly going to get in next year when the only first year guy who will get in is Griffey Jr.
I'd be very surprised if he hits 40% next yr.. it will help guys like mcgriff/Schilling/ piazza and Raines.. doubt it helps bonds or Clemens too much.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I just don't give a crap about the hall of fame. It lost all its credibility when it voted in every single above average player from the 1920s and 1930s. Great players are still great players. I have much more important things to spend my brianpower on. You're all trogs.

osick87

Community Liaison
I just don't give a crap about the hall of fame. It lost all its credibility when it voted in every single above average player from the 1920s and 1930s. Great players are still great players. I have much more important things to spend my brianpower on. You're all trogs.

Yeah like figuring out if the Jays signing Ichiro is a good move.

osick87

Community Liaison
They still need to work on their bullpen and address 2B. Another SP would be nice so they're not relying on youngsters performing right away.

They also are rumored to have signed Vlad Guerrero Jr.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

It's really too bad the two biggest users/best players were also the biggest assholes haha.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They still need to work on their bullpen and address 2B. Another SP would be nice so they're not relying on youngsters performing right away.

They also are rumored to have signed Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Wouldn't be surprised if they sign another pen arm.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I wouldn't vote for Bonds; cheating isn't black and white and there's a fine line somewhere which Bonds is on the wrong side of.

That said, I could not care less about Hall of Fame inductions.