• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I think once guys get to experience a whole summer in San Diego, they'll be more willing to extend. The Kemp deal is so interesting from a non-baseball standpoint to me. Wonder if him going there could attract other FAs in the future.

bruin

this deal is going to get nixed and the Dodgers are just going to end up cutting him.

they're also paying Dan Haren and Brian Wilson 20 mil not to pitch for them. :laughing:

osick87

Community Liaison
Andrew Friedman is paying players more to not play for the Dodgers (approx 54 mil) than his total payroll was in Tampa (53.8 mil)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I think the Padres are going to get as much money as possible from the Dodgers to cover Kemp. This is just a ploy to get more than the $32m they were suppose to get in the first place.

Gooksta

Cubs one of the teams that inquired on Allen Craig. Unsure if they are one of the teams that is actually making a deal for him

bruin

haaaha Pads

tumblr_mrg6atMQNw1ss9u8wo1_400.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Royals after sitting in hands, finally doin work with signings of Volquez and Kris Medlen. If they stay healthy, or get healthy....wash and repeat of 2014? I'd be down with that.
Excpet this time we win the whole fucking thing.

osick87

Community Liaison
Where does Kaufman rank in terms of Pitcher Friendliness. Volquez is pretty garbage if he doesn't have a park to help him out.

Wolfman21

Good luck with Medlen. Not sure how hes gonna be coming off of multiple TJ's. Was a good pitcher for the year and a half he started for the Braves though.

Wolfman21

Oh, i'm not mad as a Braves fan. I'm happy to see him get a shot somewhere else. I wouldn't want to waste any money on a pitcher coming off of 2 TJ's over a 3 year span.

atlbraves

Financially, I understand why Upton needed to be traded, but I don't agree with the emphasis on "young pitching" by the Braves. Pitching prospects get hurt and flame out. Hitting is much more of a sure thing.

Plus, the Braves have shown that you can squeeze quality innings out of scrap-heap veterans on one-year deals, IDK why you need to sell the farm for potential middle-of-the-rotation guys.

Renegade

Charge on!
Right, overpaying. Those numbers don't see right, but I also don't know where they are from.

They're what one of the Braves bloggers reported...not sure where that site came by them.

Also of interest:

Source: Padres nearing a deal that would send Ryan Hanigan to Boston for Will Middlebrooks.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Here's the thing. Very few of the Padres hitting prospects pan out to anything more than platoon guys. And all the experts are saying that Fried is the only surefire everyday starter out of the guys they gave up. And the next Padres guy to return from TJ surgery and be anything close to the same will be the first.

So might it be a little bit of an overpay, yes. But they just got a lot better and didn't give up Hedges, Renfroe or Wisler and kept the pitching staff in tact. I have no problems whatsoever with any of these moves.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Hedges is crazy overrated and Fried for one year of Upton seems nuts. If they work out an extension, I like it more. I guess chances are high they get a comp pick for him too.

Gooksta

Personally I think the trade goes the Yanks way on that. Eovaldi is young and has a really good arm. Still has to put it all together, but given that Prado is on the decline...
Eovaldi has concerning control issues and he doesnt miss bats enough for how hard he throws.. think the yanks might try him in the bullpen..

Wolfman21

So the Braves get a guy who can't pitch this season because of injury and what will prolly turn into a couple of bench bats. Hooray

Gooksta

Cubs sign C D. Ross

Expect Cubs to flip W. Castillo and other tradeable vets for an OF. Hopefully D. Fowler

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Financially, I understand why Upton needed to be traded, but I don't agree with the emphasis on "young pitching" by the Braves. Pitching prospects get hurt and flame out. Hitting is much more of a sure thing.

Plus, the Braves have shown that you can squeeze quality innings out of scrap-heap veterans on one-year deals, IDK why you need to sell the farm for potential middle-of-the-rotation guys.

Plus, the Braves have shown that they can squeeze major surgeries out of any pitcher in their organization.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think Hedges is crazy overrated and Fried for one year of Upton seems nuts. If they work out an extension, I like it more. I guess chances are high they get a comp pick for him too.

Basically Tankee is running your team and mortgaging your future for a third place finish.

At least you have great weather there in San Diego where you live.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Oh, i'm not mad as a Braves fan. I'm happy to see him get a shot somewhere else. I wouldn't want to waste any money on a pitcher coming off of 2 TJ's over a 3 year span.

Yes, makes lots of sense to clear cap space in this situation. The Barves made room for some major off-season acquisitions that will propel them back into contention.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Padres finally gonna compete, you whine, I drew a comparison to your OOTP rival to get you back on-board with your skwad. Peel the layers of the onion Kwal, I'm on your side.

Wolfman21

Yes, makes lots of sense to clear cap space in this situation. The Barves made room for some major off-season acquisitions that will propel them back into contention.

Lol if you think the plan was for this team to compete this season or the next few. The minors need to totally be rebuilt. There's literally nothing in there right now