• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I like how Curt Schillings is bitching about not getting in because of his political affiliation? Da fuq?

ebarws6

stAy
Yup, was expecting some type of move some time soon. Made sense to move Jaso since Vogt will be the lefty in the platoon now, but to see another top prospect (Robertson) get shipped away kinda sucks. Disappointed to see that Zobrist only has one year left on his deal and Escobar has two.

Funny that Boog Powell (not that Boog Powell) is part of the deal.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
If nothing else, Fignuts posted the weirdest recruiting thread ever on the OOTP forums.
giphy.gif

atlbraves

Sounds like Evan Gattis to Houston is imminent. My guess is Dexter Fowler is going to be a part of that deal.

edit:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Mark Zuckerman @ZuckermanCSN

Of the players currently penciled into #Braves 2015 lineup, only Freeman and Markakis had an OPS higher than .653 last season. #Yikes

Put another way: Danny Espinosa's .634 OPS would be 4th-best in current #Braves lineup.

ebarws6

stAy
Jon Heyman thinks it might be Tyler Clippard being swapped for Escobar. Very happy about that if true

Being reported now by a lot of places that it is in fact Clippard

Offishal now. Escobar for Clippard straight up, no money being swapped or anything.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Adam Dunn ended his 14yr, 2001-game career this past season. Juan Pierre ended his 14 yr, 1994-game career (2020 including post-season) after the 2013 season. Both had 17 wins according to Baseball Reference version of WAR. Both had 23 wins according to Fangraphs version of WAR. I don’t think you could pick two more different ballplayers, physically, and their toolset. And yet put both on the same field at the same time, and you can’t tell the difference. That’s the beauty of baseball.

http://tangotiger.com/index.php/site/article/dunn-pierre-aka-the-beauty-of-basebal

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Max $cherzer. Thank God that dude is out of the AL Central.

Means Big Game James has to be lose to signing somewhere.