• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

123rd Annual Winter Meetings in BERLIN, GERMANY!!!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Where's Funk gonna end up? Hopefully Little Rock.

theoffice_michaelscott_crying.gif

Wolfman21

Welp, my computer finally died so i may be out of commission for a little while. If anyone wants to build a good computer as cheap as they can and send me the links to the parts that would be wonderful

Wooly

Welp, my computer finally died so i may be out of commission for a little while. If anyone wants to build a good computer as cheap as they can and send me the links to the parts that would be wonderful
Give us a little more on the parameters, what kind of budget, what is "good" for you, what size case, do you do anything graphics intensive, etc? You can save a lot of money if you are not trying to play high end video games.

Wolfman21

Give us a little more on the parameters, what kind of budget, what is "good" for you, what size case, do you do anything graphics intensive, etc? You can save a lot of money if you are not trying to play high end video games.

I play games like pillars of eternity and stuff. I honestly would be fine keeping the graphics card i have now. To tell the truth, really all i need is a new motherboard, new hard drive and maybe some more RAM.

Wolfman21

Newegg should have a "what do I need" build tool.

Yeah, i just figured there would be some tech savvy people on here that knows a little more about whats a good price or good name for certain pieces. I usually go to my old college roommate for this, but hes in new zealand for another 8 months

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah, i just figured there would be some tech savvy people on here that knows a little more about whats a good price or good name for certain pieces. I usually go to my old college roommate for this, but hes in new zealand for another 8 months

I can do it when I get back from Calgary. Remind me on Monday. If you just need a new mobo, hard drive and RAM. What CPU do you have

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There is a thread for this, but @OU11 @fignuts and @osick87 are good for pricing stuff out I think

Wolfman21

I can do it when I get back from Calgary. Remind me on Monday. If you just need a new mobo, hard drive and RAM. What CPU do you have

Prolly need a new cpu as well. Ill send you a message with what ive got so as to stop filling this thread up

Wolfman21

Yeah, osi and fig have reached out to me so thats good. I've actually got my computer running right now and it has been on all day...so not as "imminent" as last night seemed. I was watching a video last night and then my computer just rebooted all on its own and came up to a black screen. Did that twice last night so i just shut it off for the night. Cut it on this AM and its been running fine...so far. Have not played any games or anything that would tax it though. I have been able to get on OOTP though, so ill prolly just stick with that for now and hopefully i'll be able to keep up with the league til i get my new shit up and running.

Will i have to buy another copy of OOTP when i get a new computer up and running? I'll imagine so...just wondering

Wooly

Yeah, osi and fig have reached out to me so thats good. I've actually got my computer running right now and it has been on all day...so not as "imminent" as last night seemed. I was watching a video last night and then my computer just rebooted all on its own and came up to a black screen. Did that twice last night so i just shut it off for the night. Cut it on this AM and its been running fine...so far. Have not played any games or anything that would tax it though. I have been able to get on OOTP though, so ill prolly just stick with that for now and hopefully i'll be able to keep up with the league til i get my new shit up and running.

Will i have to buy another copy of OOTP when i get a new computer up and running? I'll imagine so...just wondering

No, you have a license for OOTP17, so you can move it around as you see fit. Before you swap comps though, you shoul un-license the game on your current comp so you can put it on the new one.

Go to the OOTP start screen, click on Game Settings on the bottom, then choose the License tab. Click on Un-license. This basically removes the license from that hardware, then you just install it on the new comp and put your license key in like you would any install. Make sure you write down your license key somewhere before doing all of this.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wolfman21 you can run the game on two machines if you purchased it, so you might not need to worry about it. You can also email support and they will unauthorize your machines if you have trouble. They are pretty quick.

Wolfman21

@Wolfman21 you can run the game on two machines if you purchased it, so you might not need to worry about it. You can also email support and they will unauthorize your machines if you have trouble. They are pretty quick.

Good deal. If my desktop dies, ill put it on my wifes laptop then