• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

123rd Annual Winter Meetings in BERLIN, GERMANY!!!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Come on.... where the fleecings at? Trying to win 120 games and lose in the first round.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Try again. Delete that file time settings file.

z0p26ed.gif

Lloyd Carr

yeah, I tried to export tonight, but I just didn't care to. It's too much work, and I just don't have the ambition to open OOTP and go through all that.

I'd be okay with someone else taking over the team. My favorite part of OOTP is the gifs, and I can stick around and do that without having to actually export.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
yeah, I tried to export tonight, but I just didn't care to. It's too much work, and I just don't have the ambition to open OOTP and go through all that.

I'd be okay with someone else taking over the team. My favorite part of OOTP is the gifs, and I can stick around and do that without having to actually export.

Send me Einstein for a 7th before you go.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was wondering how Wooly affords this many free agents, but then I realized that all these contracts are just stacked team options that he'll opt out of.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I was wondering how Wooly affords this many free agents, but then I realized that all these contracts are just stacked team options that he'll opt out of.

Hope he structured them correctly.

By the way, @Orlando @qual - amazing how you just happened to outbid me on the last two IFAs I wanted be a $1. Lucky or nah?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Players often base demands on previous orders, so If he met demand, it probably was just more than ur offer!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
124th ANNUAL WINTER MEETINGS IN THE BOOKS

Baseball’s Winter Meetings always provides fascinating theater, and this year was no different. There’s quite a lot of information to digest with the meetings wrapped up — and also some interesting reading for those who are curious about how it all goes down.

Writing for Simgraphs.com, Sim Callis provides a fascinating looks at some underappreciated elements of baseball decision-making, including the decision by Wool E Mammoth to offer multiple team options to every player in attendance.

The increasing complexities of baseball free agency are also covered by ESPNsim.com’s David Schimfield, who discusses the impact of the largely ubiquitous utilization of drunken analysis in the sim game today. With virtually all of the twenty four WBL organizations consuming fleets of beer before exporting, he argues, it’s harder to extract value from trades — which may help to explain the risks taken in some of the Winter Meetings’ biggest deals.

With this year's annual Winter Meetings wrapped up, we look forward to next year's meetings with eager anticipation.

osick87

Community Liaison
Somebody, I thought it was you (maybe it was Lloyd), would make the vesting contingency something ridiculous (RP 150ip or something)

The other was sitting guys who were good enough to play but the person didn't want the option to vest.

Using the excuse of "Well if they deserve the option, they'll get it" only carries so much weight.

I might be thinking it was you because you made every contract a vesting one.