• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046-47 Hot Stove (CUT ROSTERS DOWN TO 25)

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I'm doh and I approve this message.
I'm Wendell and I approve the approval. Especially since I get to sleep in because morning classes are canceled due to the little blizzard we had here.

It's the strangest damn semester I've ever seen. I think I'm just going to pull out the syllabus next week and start all over. Hi, I'm Professor Gee. Here's the shit we're going to do.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can't sim if I don't have a computer

Anyway 5 day sim tomorrow, then whatever it takes to get to ST after that

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What's the point of a 5 day?

We've been doing it basically since the beginning of the UBL so I know you know the answer, but I'll humor you. So more players will sign and speeds up the off-season once the market has priced players. If we went three days until ST almost all of the guys more than one person was in on wouldn't sign until the 15 day ST sim.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I've always wondered about this. A guy with 'Favors Offer' next to his name on the pending offers screen, if I click on 'offer contract' again he says, yeah this looks good, submit it. Does it have to be resubmitted, or is it good after it's submitted once? I can't figure out why the game would give me a chance to change my offer for a guy who says he favors my offer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've always wondered about this. A guy with 'Favors Offer' next to his name on the pending offers screen, if I click on 'offer contract' again he says, yeah this looks good, submit it. Does it have to be resubmitted, or is it good after it's submitted once? I can't figure out why the game would give me a chance to change my offer for a guy who says he favors my offer.
Giving you a chance to change your mind.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I'm Wendell and I approve the approval. Especially since I get to sleep in because morning classes are canceled due to the little blizzard we had here.

It's the strangest damn semester I've ever seen. I think I'm just going to pull out the syllabus next week and start all over. Hi, I'm Professor Gee. Here's the shit we're going to do.
I don't approve.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

Up your offer so no one else can steal him FOF style.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
IFA madness and I went all in. First time I've had FA budget to do it. Brought home the top two prospects in my IC.

I really like the Berlin pickups. Also Seoul's. Also the Key West acquisition. :trollface:

Gooksta

IFA madness and I went all in. First time I've had FA budget to do it. Brought home the top two prospects in my IC.

I really like the Berlin pickups. Also Seoul's. Also the Key West acquisition. :trollface:
280-MEME-Money.jpg

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I spent 104% of the cap this off-season... things worked out about as well as I could've hoped :laughing:

Still in on a couple FAs. Hope to get them by ST.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Would sim, but @NML has an error like Mike gets sometimes. Given the situation, I'm gonna hold off until the morning so he can re-export.

You'll can use this time to set up your ST rosters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just realized he is coming off a torn up arm, reclamation story if I've ever seen one. Lost in the deep Russian wilderness in some town named Khatuay or some shit, John tore his arm while throwing in -20 degree weather. He felt like Napolean did when he tried to start a land war in Asia and turned the difficulty up to 11 by doing so in winter. The pain was too much, so he filed for minor league FA half hoping to retire. Decimated by shoulder and elbow pain his career was assuredly over. But wait! Amsterdam called, they have medicinal weed that makes the pain manageable AND are offering the #3 spot in the rotation with no chance of losing the spot no matter how John performs. He's sold, and the story that follows is his....

John's contract is 1 year for 3M with 2oz of medicinal weed a week.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I goofed by letting Haney go and tried like hell to bring him back, but gave up at 2M/year. Didn't realize his clock was up. He was part of a trade a few seasons ago and I had hopes for him, but yeah, he kinda rekt. I think he'll be fine doe.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Got Hocine just one more piece to the bench and I'm happy.

Bullpen/rotation still a mess.

Lloyd Carr

I really hope travelling to and from games isn't a factor in OOTP.

Monday: Australia
Tuesday: Buffalo
Wednesday: Buffalo
Thursday: South Africa (is that where FB is?)
Friday: Buffalo
Saturday: Florida

That's too much travelling.

Lloyd Carr

Id say Istanbul would be going back to the series this year too, but looking at Istanbul's transactions this off-season, Im not seeing any moves to improve.

The Borg v. FB looks most likely.