• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046-47 Hot Stove (CUT ROSTERS DOWN TO 25)

Lloyd Carr

Good lord, just saw the contract extension Silky signed.

He'll be getting $24M when he's 40 years old, and then another player option for $24M when he's 41. That's a bold contract.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
make an offer OU

A really good one, I preferably want to get younger at one position in exchange for Lips (or Millburn)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Will we get a new player development report on the next sim? First of every month, right?

Excited for the off-season - I was hoping Keyworth didn't get resigned by @fignuts to see what he'd get on the open market, but my lawd his $24m a year until he's 41. Assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff, I like it, but I always worry with big contracts for pitchers. Dr. Sad got a big contract but I covered my ass with two team options, so he'll walk next season unless he picks it back up again.

I likely won't be a big buyer, just a couple small targets, but I'm interested in watching what Ugly goes for. He's Australian, so I may have a go if the price stays low enough.
Keyworth will be interesting to watch. He's VH Intel and H WE but he's also 'wrecked' and saw his Ks diminish last year. Seems like that's the #1 sign of decline in the game. 5/120 is a giant contract.

Also interesting Cairo signed Rivera 3/21 ... Rivera got about 7m combined last four off-seasons in one-year deals and I was always wondering when someone would lock him up with the lack of great 3Bs.

osick87

Community Liaison
Gomez
Parker Gordon
Your 3rd

For

Charles
Din Kardal
my 5th

That's my initial asking price. Always willing to listen to counters and am fine with getting told it's too much. As long as you tell me your feelings toward the deal, I can try and adjust accordingly but would really like Gomez and Gordon.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Always willing to negotiate. I don't think the first trade offer would be too hard to negotiate off of.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm also the guy giving up the for sure thing at a great price for uncertain prospects. Charles ' biggest drawback is his deal is up after this season.

doh

Asked this before but I think I'm going with a 11 man pitching staff (5 SP). Anyone else with experience/tips on this?

osick87

Community Liaison
I would imagine just grabbing RPs with better stamina would help. I can make this part of the @OU11 3 man staff theory craft video.

Lloyd Carr

Ive ran a 6-man pen the past two to three years. Will do so again this year.

Get good relievers with solid stamina.

Was doing:

CL
SU
MR
MR
MR
MR

will be doing the Cairo/Amsterdam CL/No role setup this year with a 6-man bullpen.

doh

Yeah I've been going

CL
SU8
MR
MR
MR
LR
LHS

In that set up, the MRs don't pitch a ton so I figure I could get away with six instead. Plus my SPs usually go deepish into games.

NML

I posted on it previously, although I alternate between a 4 and 5 man rotation.

Lloyd Carr

Part of me wants to try and repeat with the team as is (released a MR and brought up a new one, but otherwise the same), but another part of me wants to move DLS and let Frank and Zaki take over at 1B.

Hmmmm, not sure what to do.