• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046-47 Hot Stove (CUT ROSTERS DOWN TO 25)

Wolfman21

so finish spring training tonight. Then we have to cut our rosters down to our active 25 before tomorrow nights sim for the season opener!

Lloyd Carr

OOTP is going to take up more of my time again.

The past couple seasons I've kind of ignored my minor league system, and just went with a "set it and forget it" mindset. I didn't have much prospective talent, or anyone I really cared about, so I wasn't too concerned about grooming players or maximizing opportunities. But, I've got some young guys in A-ball now who I'm looking to use in a couple of seasons. So I'm back to working with 7-day lineups, trying to get them all time at various positions and as much experience as they can get.

Still not concerned about AAA or AA all that much, but it'll be nice to get involved in the minors again. Trading away all ur 1sts kind of takes away the fun of managing minor league teams. Luckily I've found some alright guys in IFA/trades/later in the draft. Bart Scott for the next time I have a 1st round pick.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah you are one of those teams I never really felt the need to trade with since your minor leagues were pretty much depleted of talent. That said. Barella is a pretty nice piece I got from you in the Mason trade. Lewis didn't do well in his short ML stint.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So here is a list of guys I'll sell for straight cash homie that have some value:

AAA

OF Joe Wright (solid #5 OF option, LH hitter)
CL Leon Gonzalez (22 yo, solid MR option)
SS Jorge Rangel (my scout has him a 80 D, great running and 3* potential)
SS Juan Benitez (very good utility IF option)
SP Larry Sanderson (great movement, former top pick)
SS/3B Steve Green (LH hitter, great defensively at 3B and SS)
C Gavin Nobile (great eye, solid hitter and defender... solid back up)

AA

CF Lars Gallo (great defensive/running OF)
SS Adilmar Surraca (solid option at SS)
C Daniel Reed (solid option at C potential back up)
3B Tom Stone (good at SS too, great eye)
SS Ray McDonald (IMO a good SS prospect)

A

CF Anibal Romero (another great D/running OF)
C Xisto Calada (potential to start eventually)
2B Jamie Chavez

If you want others, just PM me. I'm pretty open to just selling some of my depth for cash.

doh

The pre-season Dowher Rankings... First the NL:

1. Helsingborg

A bit of a shocker maybe but I though Helsingborg was the best team in the WBL last year. In the off-season they were able to upgrade with Pottenger who IMO is as good as it gets as a back up C and some more bullpen arms. Withstood some injuries last year and has a very deep pitching staff. The question again for me is in the playoffs do they have the top end SP and RP to win? Tempo Franco being added mid year last year helps there.

2. Amsterdam

The offense is again the best in the WBL. The SP again is very average with a great back end to the bullpen. Tulips lost a lot of their SP Too from last year. I think if OU wanted to add 1-2 gr8 SP this would be easily my favorite to win it all. But he looks like he's trying out a "let's see how many runs I can score" strategy.

3. Seoul

They really surprised me last year and got great value for Carrier. They have the best top end talent in the NL with superstars at the top of the rotation, batting order and back end of the bullpen. I thought last year the question for me was were the 6-9 in the order, the back end of the rotation, the middle of the bullpen good enough and they got some good years out of guys like Heida in the bullpen. Wisely added a lot of role players in FA and are more complete with the same awesome top end. Very dangerous team that IMO is a great RP away from being a favorite.

4. Istanbul

"This team sucks"- Yankee. But seriously he's built a very nice team that was quiet this off-season because of budget concerns just trading away Milburn while getting better at back up C, cheaper with Medina in CF. The lineup is legit and I love 1-4 in the rotation. Will be great in the playoffs again with some luck can get back to the ship.

5. Las Vegas

Some giant holes in pitching for the first time in years. It used to be the strength of LV but this year pitching depth is the biggest weakness. Feel like hitting wise this is the best I've started a year in the WBL. Again completely remade the bench and I think I'll get more value out of it. I really need Punchy Wong to come back feeling healthy and Colon to realize his potential quickly in the year or I will have to deal for more pitching. Defense should be really good and I'm going to lean heavily on it and I hope that Milburn is able to raise my offense up.

6. Moscow

IMO the Mules are a playoff team in the SL most years but just are stuck in a great league. I love the Challen signing and would've gone after him if I had any $$$. They do have elite talents in Yazici and Robles who can carry them and a much deeper lineup. With some health, they're in the hunt for the playoffs.

7. Dublin

Best offense and worst defense in the league last year. The biggest question of the season is will GM Mr. Radpants show up to one game or watch one game on TV?

8. Berlin

Love the off-season from Mike. Fleecing me for Hapgood was a nice start. And getting rid of a lot of dead salary/weight was a good idea as well. I like how the pitching staff is coming together and he has tons of cap space for the future. Definitely see a plan and it's moving forward. Probably 2-3 years away still but I like what they're doing.

9. Lisbon

This team is a long ways away from competing. Hopefully they can get more assets this year and a good draft.

doh

And my South Dohwer Rankings...

1. Buffalo

Really the most complete team in the WBL and they deserved to take the ship last year. Didn't lose or add any key pieces and IMO they're young enough to again be in the hunt for the championship. This is the best non-OU team IMO we've had in the UBL/WBL. No holes with the last three batters in the lineup going all above .815 in OPS last year and a deep rotation. That said, they have some key vets who are FAs so they might need to re-tool soon. Personally, I wouldn't blow it up I'd try to rebuild on the fly especially with no 1st round picks for a bit.

2. False Bay

I see them as 1 and 1a in the SL with a huge gap from 2 to 3 in my rankings. Last year their biggest problem was giant holes at a bunch of different positions. This team has a ton of superstars and was the most active in FA with the addition of 11 WAR. I know that means nothing but they added a ton of older players in win now moves. The only hole is the defense which could be horrendous at certain positions if guys like Francisco Sanchez, Juan Gomes, Salas, Vajarov all see the field. The solution is dominant SP to mask that. I love the Na and Fahd signings too. If they went for a big time RP or two in trades, I'd put them as the favorite for the ship.

3. BA

It's been interesting to see osick build up his team. They're all about pitching and defense. Their BABIP the last two years has been .279 and .277 and they had a 3.28 Team ERA last year. As long as they keep up this defense, I really see them as a playoff team. They're hitters away from breaking into the top 2 of the SL. I have them at 3 because I see if they just upgraded mildly at a couple positions offensively, it'd be a huge jump.

4. Kabul

In some ways the opposite of BA with great hitting. They lost Salas and Vajarov but made a nice signing in Spider. The offense is probably as good as anyone not named Buffalo in the SL if not better. The issue for them IMO is top end of the rotation come playoff time. Very solid rotation without holes but no dominant SP.

5. Cairo

A team with both pitching and hitting but suspect defense (.321 BABIP LY). The top end of the rotation is really good and this team is aging so the time is now to win. I think with their rotation that they're dangerous in the playoffs but just need to get there.

6. Australia

No one is better at finding cheap vets who have big years in FA than NML. They probably just need some more good players to add to a 68-win team but they had a nice start to the process. Got some nice hauls too last year for their trades.

7. Key West

The rebuilding project continues for Gooksta...

8. BR

As it does for Reel...

9. New Zealand

As it does for whoever owns NZ these days..

doh

The one thing that would concern me with Buffalo is they have lots of guys on the edge of falling off in terms of careers. School Boy, DLS, Bly, Wolf, Nikalson could all fall off a cliff is the biggest challenge they could face. It'll also be interesting to see how good FB is without 3-4 giant holes in their lineup and a more complete bullpen. Those two IMO are by a wide margin the best two in the SL. Maybe I'll be wrong but both are great.

doh

If I were to gamble on simulation baseball, I think I'd bet on them assuming JD doesn't have Kasib throw 130 pitches the last day of the season again.

Lloyd Carr

I think it will come down to who has the hottest bats in October.

Buffalo came around towards the end last year, but were horrible the year before that and in the series against Buenos.

If the bats stay hot, there is a chance for a repeat. If they go dead, Kasib and Naka have their way with me.*

*assuming I make it to the playoffs and we play FB.

Wolfman21

Until my bats prove they can put up more than 2 runs in a game in October, I wouldn't even bet on Kabul winning a game of a series much less an entire series

jdlikewhoa

If I were to gamble on simulation baseball, I think I'd bet on them assuming JD doesn't have Kasib throw 130 pitches the last day of the season again.
Lol. I think he only threw two innings of relief after I dropped him in the pen with no role instead of benching him.

Also, why you hate on Gomes D? He's in the 60's at the COf positions. The other ones you mentioned do suck dick in the field though. Either way, Gomes starts the season in AAA because I have too many GOATs

doh

-10 runs in 100 GS is why I said Gomes blows in the field. His ratings are always a lot better than his fielding.

But you do have a GOAT farm.

jdlikewhoa

-10 runs in 100 GS is why I said Gomes blows in the field. His ratings are always a lot better than his fielding.

But you do have a GOAT farm.
My five minutes a day only gives me enough times to look at colored bars, not actual stats.

Wolfman21

Bats came out firing. Pitching came out dying.

Peppers looked dominant in his 1 1/2 games. Martinez was good against Baton Rouge. Otherwise, a bunch of suck. Schulz is so overrated. His ratings are great and he continuously pitches like shit.