• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup - Round of 16 Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
cartridge_trap.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Winged read a book about the Hillsborough disaster 2 weeks ago, so now he's a die hard liverpool fan this week, or something. I can't wait for the EPL season so I can watch Man City piss in ur faces.

jdlikewhoa

Travis is clearly employing the jobob-bama footbaw, brick-life strategy. Smh @ youll not recognizing this.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Winged read a book about the Hillsborough disaster 2 weeks ago, so now he's a die hard liverpool fan this week, or something. I can't wait for the EPL season so I can watch Man City piss in ur faces.

Man City rejects your fandom on account of the trogrunner. Lease a Benz and buy a Yaya shirt or gtfo...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hayvis told me the real man city fans are like poors who can't even afford tickets. I'm just trying to be real.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, I'm gonna rule this world, Gonna kick some ass, Gonna rise up, Kick a little ass, ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Hayvis told me the real man city fans are like poors who can't even afford tickets. I'm just trying to be real.

Ah, I see.....you're pretending to be a lifer. In that case, knock out a few teeth, get an absurd MCFC tattoo, and cut your bathing rituals to twice a week, max.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Drmic looking like a turkey with that stupid ass chip

NML

Just in case y'all missed Milo's edit

Edit: Welp, he went from "confirmed" to now "rumored" team.

That's an offensive line-up that's really strong on the wings but meh in the spine. Witsel is really the only non-defender who will put in the hard work work

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll wait until I see an actual starting lineup before adjusting my prediction. INSIDE SOURCES.

My predictions will obviously adjust based on changes to the starting lineup, but it seems that Belgium may employ the "playing Possum" tactic themselves if they go with that strating lineup. Keep us feeling like we have a chance until they sub on Lukaku to shatter or dreams in the second half, which is a tactic they've used in this World Cup already with Felliani.

Last edited:

NML

Considering what we've faced, Ginger Balls and a pair of afro's shouldn't be scaring this team

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
De Bruyne is what Stuart holden could have been. RIP

NML

Meanwhile, Swiss had the best chance of a scoreless first half with Argentina

that'd be a great upset

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Considering what we've faced, Ginger Balls and a pair of afro's shouldn't be scaring this team

I agree, but it's still a potent lineup. Ginger Balls can send some pretty deadly long balls into the box, and Fellaini is obviously an aerial mismatch.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That front 3 really scare me, but the rest is sort of meh. I was really hoping that Lukaku would start, because he's been god-awful this tournament. The game will be won or lost based on how we defend against Mertens and Hazard.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't think Swiss over Argentina would be an upset at this point, they are pretty clearly one guy, who's been totally shut down by double coverage so far.

Milo

De Bruyne is what Stuart holden could have been. RIP

Not a bad call. Was interesting(frustrating?) seeing Coyle convert him into a more defensive midfielder. Did well in that spot, too.

Would have suited this diamond better than our current wide players. Better centrally, but did well at Houston when DeRo was at the top and he played wide.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Mueller is basically a forward for them right now, but they weren't all that scary considering the game and conditions.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Di Maria is a true master at shooting into the feet and shins of defenders. How real Madrid would ever score goals without Ronaldo is beyond me, considering their other option up front is Benzema

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Belgium haven't looked scary either though, so just going individually Germany has a better midfield other than at LW

NML

I agree, but it's still a potent lineup. Ginger Balls can send some pretty deadly long balls into the box, and Fellaini is obviously an aerial mismatch.

Not when you've got a center back with free safety feet

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hahahahahahaha di Maria strikes again

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Highly paid real Madrid winger cannot use other foot for simple task of whacking the ball across goal

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Di Maria is a true master at shooting into the feet and shins of defenders. How real Madrid would ever score goals without Ronaldo is beyond me, considering their other option up front is Benzema

This kind of sums up Argentina, they're all pretty good at movement and getting chances, but once they get there it's open season. Lavezzi is the worst at this, if he was twice as good at finishing as he is now he'd be better than Messi but whenever he's in the 18 yard box he lays a giant egg