• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup - Round of 16 Thread

NML

Bedoya - Dempsey - Zusi
Jones - Bradley - Cameron
Beasley - Besler - Gonzalez - Johnson
Howard

NML

DAT 4-3-3

Luhhh Cameron in the midfield. Beckerman has played great but I'm sure he's got some tired legs

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
kenny-powers-entrance-o.gif

-YTC

Milo

Showed promise as a box-to-box midfielder at Houston. People thought it would be his best position. Stoke changed that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It was truly interesting to see how Brazil and Argentina both set their defensive tactics to "Post saves the day" during Extra time. One might think it was needlessly risky, but they are both in the quarterfinals now instead of sitting at home getting shitty tattoos about their near misses

http://screamer.deadspin.com/chilean-striker-tattoos-himself-with-image-of-his-heart-1598551643
792469068690982693.png

To the casual observer, it was "mere chance" that those didn't end up as goals, but true soccer aficionados recognize the correct tactical choices Brazil and Argentina made to dial up those results.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
No Beckerman or Johnson? Arguably 2 of the best players we've had so far? Why not just take off Dempsey and Beasley and really mail it in?

Can we clone Zusi/Bedoya/Bradley and just play them everyhwere?

Edit: I'm in dumb area and dumbed about Johnson. Glad he's still in. Point stands about Beckerman.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hype videos are the best thing about advancing

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No Beckerman or Johnson? Arguably 2 of the best players we've had so far? Why not just take off Dempsey and Beasley and really mail it in?

The one true footballer is left on the pitch, we have a chance as long as he takes his place at LB.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Dear @[user]worst2first[/user], and all my distant cousins, great uncles, et al still living in Belgium,

Obama_middle_finger_salute.jpg

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I like how I'm the default Nutopia whipping boy for Belgium. I wish these teams would have met later but either way, a team I like is advancing. I'm not going to cry either way.

Yeah, it sucks that one of them has to go out now....but at least one of them is guaranteed a spot in the quarters.

Gimme dat France v US/Belgium final.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This highlight on Bradley's struggle is making some really dumb excuse. I know they gotta fill time, but him playing 15 yards further up field than usual does not explain or excuse his horrendous touches, which have been the biggest problem.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Do not like Cameron over Beckerman. Can't believe I'm saying that :laughing: I guess they probably have Cameron there to cover Fellani's runs into the box, but Beckerman is so good at not losing the ball when it's at his feet. We need that in this game.

Milo

Do not like Cameron over Beckerman. Can't believe I'm saying that :laughing: I guess they probably have Cameron there to cover Fellani's runs into the box, but Beckerman is so good at not losing the ball when it's at his feet. We need that in this game.

My greatest Utopian achievement outside the 3/5ths/Jefferson/Reel joke.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
How come every time this dude does an op-ed on some random region he makes it sound way too intense? "THE GAUCHOS OF RIO DO SUL GROW UP WITH THEIR FATHERS AND THEIR FATHER'S FATHERS" I'm pretty sure this is the dude from the Bar Rescue intro.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait so Cameron is at rb and not in midfield?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Bradley showing he's still awful

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Now this looks like a pro clubs game. Throwins going out of bounds. Passes to nobody.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
This feels like a hockey game where the less talented team keeps dumping it into the zone and chasing and hoping to get a lucky bounce.