• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup G (USA USA USA USA)

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
That McDonalds commercial confuses me. Are Mexico and the US playing each other? Why are they both happy at the end then? Why are the kid and his friends watching in the garage?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well, guess there won't be a Carvalho appearance, unless Bento is going to do something weird. He'll have to sub off CR7 at some point to be safe.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Muller is one of the most confounding players I've ever watched.

He's one of the few players who manages to confound both the skill and athleticism arguments :laughing:

I think he just lulls defenders into a sense of false confidence by looking so goofy, then the ball gets near him in a scoring opportunity and then he looks like fucking seabiscuit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's the epitome of the anti-Travis player. Not especially athletic, but great technique and always seems to make the right decisions.

I'm not sure I agree with that either, there are times where he looks like he can't even dribble. I mean I've seen him trip over his own damn feet, then the ball gets near him during a scoring opportunity and he looks amazing. I mean he's probably the "least skilled" player Germany have in the front 6.

Edit: Even today I swear he's missed more passes than the rest of his teammates have combined.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm not sure I agree with that either, there are times where he looks like he can't even dribble. I mean I've seen him trip over his own damn feet, then the ball gets near him during a scoring opportunity and he looks amazing. I mean he's probably the "least skilled" player Germany have in the front 6.

Edit: Even today I swear he's missed more passes than the rest of his teammates have combined.

1vQB19J.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Lol @g8r. I'm not sure this helps ur point though, those physical stats are pretty solid. Man did they ever fuck up on his positioning rating doe. 9? I'd give him a million points for positioning, that's how he gets all his goals. Right place right time and then he always seems to finish well and doens't get flustered.

Like I said, I think he confounds both skill/athleticism arguments.

Milo

Muller just seems so ordinary as a soccer player.

He doesn't look particularly skilled(this may have to do with the plethora of skilled players around him), he's not really athletic. If I was rating his skills, I'd find a hard time opting for anything other than "Above Average" for almost every category. Yet, he can be an assassin on the field, particularly in these high profile tournaments. Obviously he's a really intelligent player and has a knack for making the right runs, being in the right spots, but it still confuses me when he becomes a demigod in these tournaments.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Lol @g8r. I'm not sure this helps ur point though, those physical stats are pretty solid. Man did they ever fuck up on his positioning rating doe. 9? I'd give him a million points for positioning, that's how he gets all his goals. Right place right time and then he always seems to finish well and doens't get flustered.

Like I said, I think he confounds both skill/athleticism arguments.

Should have signed off with a /g8r when I posted that, haha. The FM positioning rating is more to do with defense, what you're thinking of is "off the ball" where he has 19/20.

There aren't many players today that are smarter or have a better "feel" than Müller.

NML

Travis has really conceded defeat, but he can't resist the troll.

Portugal have looked worse than every team not named Honduras

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Muller is good because he has 9 world class players around him for club and country and has great goal poaching instincts. He's a bit like Gary Lineker was but better players around him.