• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 1 Thread - Presented by The City (MTV 2 Marathon is on)

God can't protect his name by Hisself. We need institutions like the Roman Catholic Church and Baptists to intervene and help him out. What's so hard to understand here?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
God can't protect his name by Hisself. We need institutions like the Roman Catholic Church and Baptists to intervene and help him out. What's so hard to understand here?
Which pronouns go to whom in this post, for starters. (Love the capitlization of hisself though)

Hooblaa

Lazy Millennial
A friend of mine got a private tour of Neyland Stadium today and snapped this pic.

40152269_10216798942023980_3304046129527652352_n.jpg

Life champions, @Southpaw

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Why exactly 7 maxims doe? Cut it off at 5 or extend it to 10!

Suggested Maxims to cut:
3. Bitching about bad breaks? Maybe you should stop making mistakes (Maxim 1) and the "breaks" wouldn't go against you. Just try being better instead!
6. The kicking game? DON'T CARE. Save the practice time and resolve to Go for 2, never punt and squib kick every kickoff and you'd be better off. If you never practice punting you'll never be tempted in game. You can always have ur QB surprise punt anyway, you can teach anyone to rugby kick a line drive in 10 minutes and they work amazingly if you kick them with ur QB and the other team doesn't put a returner back.

Suggested Maxims to add if you want to get to 10:
8. Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
9. Take the (insert opponent)to... me?... @bruin
10. If you make fewer mistakes than your opponent (1) but you are still losing because the breaks go against you (3) just wait for the re-sim.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Wait, you can fake fake punt and it works?

It works amazingly well, especially when you're a NEVER PUNT team. The only "punt" play we used when I corched was just a shotgun rollout pass/quick kick option. If the receiver was wide open for some reason, the QB was allowed to throw the ball to him. If the receiver was covered, he would rugby kick it trying to get it to go as far as possible. I mean it's even better in high school where ur QB is almost always the best atholete anyway, but I guarantee a college QB was probably the type who won the punt/pass/kick competition as a kid as well, I bet they could rugby kick it 30-40 yards and get another 20-30 yards on bounces with no returner...

The only time I'd be skeptical would be in the pros with some goober QB, I'd hate to see Jay Cutler or Peyton try to punt, lol...

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I'd guess FAU/OU with GUS since they are the #1 team for the network.

View attachment 6426

That's the number one Fox game this week? Woof. Would have guessed North Carolina at California or even Texas-Maryland on FS1 after looking at the lineup. Could even be Akron at Nebraska since thats in primetime.

Edit: Fox site says they are doing the Thursday night OK State game, and then Oklahoma Saturday, so I guess @bruin @bruin228 was right

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Still one of the most awkward things I've ever seen live on TV.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I just remember I was with several other people and we all yelled "he's Colombian you idiot" almost simultaneously. It strikes me that Bob Griese may have well known JPM was Colombian, but just thought all brown spanish speakers were associated with tacos.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NORMA is fully prepped for her first game, so I figure I should update ya'll on the results of her off-season training!

Here were her stats on the first day of off-season training:
Weight: 36 lbs - Emaciated
40 yard dash: DNF - too scared
Box Jump: 0" - too scared
Medical Issues: Massive infection from spay surgery
Before Photos:
Hiding under my desk when she was supposed to run her 40 yard dash -
44369818851_3dffb100ac_b.jpg

Hiding in the corner being afraid instead of completing her Box Jump -
44369802051_7e90683a1b_b.jpg

Here were her stats from her final workout:
Weight: 48 lbs (+12 lbs lean muscle)
40 yard dash: Observed 4.6 seconds when following "come" command with chicken as reward... Estimated 3.8 seconds when chasing a rabbit
Box Jump: Observed 34" into bed of my pickup... Estimate 38" when leaping after a squirrel
Medical Issues: Grass allergies
After Photo:
Confident after chasing @Yankee151 into the neighborhood pond and drowning him.
43463224225_03aa536aa5_b.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Wow, UConn looks like they have a competent offense for the first time since...ever?

Nope, time to fumble

NML

Wow, UConn looks like they have a competent offense for the first time since...ever?

Nope, time to fumble

I thought they were decent last year under Lashlee. Wish he would’ve stayed around because I bet he’ll kill it at SMU

Also ur clearly forgetting those Dan Orvlosky years