• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Plotty's Customized MLB 14/15 The Show Dynasty

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Why do I call it customized? Because whoever reads this has the power to suggest and do anything within baseball powers. From the team location and name, mascot, uniform, NL/AL, DH, created players..you the loyal reader, gets to choose what kind of spectacular crap name, team and franchise I have.

That said, no real ground rules exist in this. Spontaneous is the name of the game here. Just shoot out some ideas.....and go.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Fairbanks Gold Miners need the following:
fake ball players
fake managers
fake gm
stadium name

Plotty

Tath Meacher
SO I downloaded the game, and did some perusing. The team still will be the Fairbanks Gold Miners, however we will wear the Pittsburgh Pirate unis for the black/gold colors. I will work on a logo at some point. I am looking for a stadium name - one good thing is we can play anywhere, so I'm using one of the minor league parks. Need some help with the stadium name. We will play in the NL Central because commissioner Selig wouldn't approve the realignment process to the AL West. Ass. However, we will have the DH rule. Suck on that!

I am in need of players (@Yankee151, @worst2first, @fignuts, @Wooly, others) to join this crazy train. A fake general manager and manager of the ball club would help, too. It won't take off for a good while, I am waiting until good rosters, good sliders and my music gets resynched for the new game. Rosters will be somewhat similar to the craptastic bunch that raged Minute Maid Park last season, many created players like you guys but also a few true major leaguers to balance out the calamity.

Hopefully a a few other readers catch on to the task at hand and join in the fun. @Reel, yeah you buddy.

worst2first

I'll create an outfielder and a middle infielder if needed.

I like Arctic Slopes Park for the stadium name. The Arctic Slopes Regional Corporation is a private company owned by 11,000 Iñupiat Eskimos that controls the mineral rights of Northern Alaska. It's plausible, they've been the most successful company in Alaska for the last 20 years and Arctic Slopes Park has a nice ring to it in my opinion. What do you think?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I'll create an outfielder and a middle infielder if needed.

I like Arctic Slopes Park for the stadium name. The Arctic Slopes Regional Corporation is a private company owned by 11,000 Iñupiat Eskimos that controls the mineral rights of Northern Alaska. It's plausible, they've been the most successful company in Alaska for the last 20 years and Arctic Slopes Park has a nice ring to it in my opinion. What do you think?

That is fucking awesome - granted if we change park to stadium our park could have a rather unique acronym: ASS. :laughing::laughing: But a super piece of research @worst2first to find that info.

Whats more awesome is the interest in this. Last year kinda threw a fade, crashed and burned. With this interest this will fuel me to stay with it....forever.

According to posts, this is the roster (I'll adjust with names as you get them in)
GM @Plotty
Manager @purple112

C @tgcmarshall Tank Marshall
1B @Yankee151 Don Drain
2B @worst2first *Mark Workman
SS @dave731 Charles Lewis (C.L.) Johnson
3b
LF @goblue96 Roger Murdoch Jr.
CF @fignuts Ernie Heist
RF @worst2first
DH @ebarws6 (LF) Cristobal Huaranga
5 bench

SP @Schauwn
SP @adchester Vladimir Petrov
SP @dave731 "Super" Dave Johnson
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
RP
RP
RP
CP

attached is the logo. Great work @fignuts on the find.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

purple112

Go Berzerk
Well my only experience comes from Backyard Baseball so I don't think I would be a good fit. I could come up with a backstory though.

worst2first

If possible I'll make the second baseman instead of SS. That's the position my dad played.

I'm glad you like the name. I have no problem with it being ASS either. That may be a good description of how this team plays (at least for the first few seasons).

Edit: Here's the logo in case you want to incorporate it into a post. (I also noticed that it's Slope singular.)

iNTV0pW.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
If possible I'll make the second baseman instead of SS. That's the position my dad played.

I'm glad you like the name. I have no problem with it being ASS either. That may be a good description of how this team plays (at least for the first few seasons).

Edit: Here's the logo in case you want to incorporate it into a post. (I also noticed that it's Slope singular.)

iNTV0pW.gif

great pr work. Gotta play with Photoshop or something to stick that on the ASS. Kinda like the O.CO coliseum in Oakland.

tgcmarshall

Dropped Interception
Hey @Plotty I'll jump in with a catcher.

Name: Tank Sheridan
Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 255
Throws: Right
Bats: Switch

On a scale of 1-5
Power: 4
Speed: 1
Fielding: 5

Play with it however. He's a big dude who hits a few bombs but throws out a lot of base runners.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Hey @Plotty I'll jump in with a catcher.

Name: Tank Sheridan
Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 255
Bats: Switch

On a scale of 1-5
Power: 4
Speed: 1

Play with it however. He's a big dude who hits a few bombs but throws out a lot of base runners.

Sweet Jesus a newb....and he's coming hardcore! Welcome aboard Tank! Hope you're ready to play in The ASS: where lube is optional. :laughing:

Plotty

Tath Meacher
So, a couple bits and pieces I've read and noted, good to mention to the viewing and fake beisbol audience:

first, quick counts equal more walks. Leaning towards using the QC since all my previous years I've played like @worst2first, swinging batshit crazy at everything. Maybe I can get more than 50 walks in a season with the QC.

Second, anyone opposed to using fictional playas to fill out the rosters? That way we don't lock in on RL star players but yet they still will have their attributes. It'd be OOTPish in the sense that no MLBers were listed on there IIRC.

today and tomorrow will be critical for development. Wife will be at work, and I'm off at 2 today, and have Saturday off. Just getting antsy to get this started because the commitment from the community is there, just cannot be the disappoint.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I'm on spring break next week so I'll probably be able to come up with something

Nice! No rush on providing a character for the manager. I downloaded a whole new set of songs I need to upload and cue up before I take the next step.

another point, apparently the slider sets used from last years game transfer over very well. If that's the case I have them good to go, as I found a set that played very well where I had a great balance of offensive numbers but also games where I was shut down. Going to test run a few games with the QC and sliders this afternoon while watching the believed royals gangrape the white sux.

worst2first

I'm looking forward to this. You are also making me want to buy this game but I am going to try to force myself to wait.

tgcmarshall

Dropped Interception
I like the idea of all fictional players on the roster. It will make our players stick out more. I can't wait to watch Tank play it in the ASS!

worst2first

I can hear the announcers now, "The Miners took two out of three in the ASS this week..."

"The ASS is a notoriously tough place to play in."

"Tank really got a hold of that one. He knocked it right out of the ASS."

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Name: Ernie Heist
Ht: 6' 2"
Wt: 185
Bats: Left

On a scale of 1-5
Power: 1
Speed: 4

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Giving you two, the 1B and the Closer. If you can't do contracts or anything else listed then just ignore it.

Name: Don Drain
Position: 1B/LF
Height: 6'1
Weight: 190
Throws/Bats: Right/Switch
1-100
Power: 95
Discipline/Vision: 95
Arm/Acc: 60
Speed: 40
Durability: 90
Contract: 7 years, 110mm (Probably scaling up/year)
Make sure he gets a bat flip animation as well

Name: Juan Osmany Menendez Casablanca Jr. aka "El bocadillo gigante" (The Giant Sandwich)
Position: LHCP
Height: 6'7
Weight: 210
Throws/Bats: Left/Left
1-100
2SFB: 99 Velocity, 90 Movement, 90 Control
Circle Change: 50 Velocity, 50 movement, 80 control
Slurve: 80 Velocity, 90 Movement, 70 control
Stamina: 20
Durability: 60
Fielding: 40
Speed: 35
Contract: 4 years, 48mm (12 per)

Menendez Casablanca Jr. was born in Havana to Juan Osmany Menendez and Yanelis Casablanca Diaz, and from a young age he played baseball. He was part of the Cuban national team and escaped during the 2013 WBC to Puerto Rico. After waiting a year to sign with teams, he agreed to join the ASS, being convinced by their large offer to go play in the cold climate. He still doesn't know any english, but he has one of the better pitches in the league with a 2-Seamer that makes hitter miss. He is known as the Giant Sandwich for his trademark giant sandwich that he constantly brings from home to every practice.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I can hear the announcers now, "The Miners took two out of three in the ASS this week..."

"The ASS is a notoriously tough place to play in."

"Tank really got a hold of that one. He knocked it right out of the ASS."

Omg im fucking rolling right now. :love::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

More announcer lore: "that ball was pounded out of the ass." "Welcome to the ass, where the dingles hang" "look at the reds, they sure wiped the ass in a 4 game sweep..."

dave731

SP "Super" Dave Johnson #10

Known for his uncanny control as a knuckleball pitcher. Average fastball, change, slider but his knuckleball is beast and he is able to throw it for strikes. High stamina as a result of being a knuckleballer as well. Aging veteran (38) who has been around a while but still no ring. Looking to end his career in the ASS.

Fun fact: Discovered he had the ability to throw the knuckleball with accuracy at a carnival game at the age of 10.

SS Charles Lucas Johnson #25

Rookie upstart (19) whose father is currently pitching for the Miners. Decent fielding ability and speed but known for his ability to make contact with everything that comes across the plate. Not a lot of pop in the bat but he will hit a few homers over the course of a season.

Fun fact: Once hit successfully in 24 straight ABs in high school.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Welcome aboard @dave731! Good reference to take it in the ASS. God that stadium is such a hole to play in boys. You all have no idea....the shitstain corner, thunder alley, the rectus homer porch....

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Lots of progress today. Besides the housework during the day, those that have submitted players have been created. I fantasy drafted the team with the six created guys as my first six picks. The rest ended up as normal major leaguers. That said, if you want in you still can make me a dude. I can always edit guys as the season progresses. Now, the story and epic failures of the Fairbanks Gold Miners will begin....

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Lol nice @fignuts! Might want to put the goggles away for a little bit, doe.

Lets call this a false start on Plotty. First, I cannot edit guys in season, at least from the roster that I have in franchise. Found this out the hard way.

As as for our players, they ended up fairly good. Super Dave @dave731 came in at 89, and projected as our ace.
Son Charles was our starter at short. Heist started in center, Don Drain @Yankee151 in left, and Tank @tgcmarshall at catcher. The draft was perfect in the sense that I got everyone. So that worked well.

Then came the game, Opening Day versus the Cubbies. FTR, our team is fucking horrible. ASS was exactly the stadium name. And the team played like it. Lost 2-0, but felt a bit empty and shafted. So I think I'm gonna restart with more edited guys.

And what isnt isn't a dynasty Without the story lines you guys provided? :) so bear with me as I find the right pairing...stay tuned.

ebarws6

stAy
Here's the LF I said I would make:

LF Cristobal Huaranga

An Ecuadorian national, he wowed scouts hitting bombs over 500ft with an effortless swing. Only problem is he was playing most of his games in and around the capital city of Quito at well over 9000ft. Still, he was given a chance to show what he had, as he would be the first ever Ecuadorian major leaguer. Of course, his power numbers went considerably down, now with potential for 15-20 HR's a season. Since he had to change his game up from swinging for the fences every time, he looks at a lot of pitches, but still strikes out at a decent clip. Average speed, slightly above average glove.

Height/weight/handedness can be done at your discretion.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
RF Roger Murdoch Jr.
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 195 lb.
Throws: Left
Bats: Left

Power: 75
Discipline: 65
Speed: 60
Arm/Acc: 90
Durability: 75

Roger Murdoch Jr is the son of co-pilot Roger Murdoch and stewardess Elaine Dickinson. Murdoch and Dickinson first met on Trans American Flight 209 to Chicago. After Murdoch recovered from his acute food poisioning, Dickinson was in the hospital room hoping he would be okay. She was getting tired of dragging Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. A night of passionate love-making resulted in Murdoch Jr. Murdoch Jr. has never met his father since Elaine moved to Alaska with Ted Stryker after his escape from the Ronald Reagan Institute for the Mentally Feeble. Murdoch Jr. is a local kid and has dreamed of playing in the ASS since he was a child.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Blake Daly sat in the comforts of his chair, sipping on some Scotch. He remembers what happened last year in Tijuana with the pseudo-Houston Astros. Long story short, it was an anti-climatic 1985 USFL closing...then team was sold back to MLB for one cent. He swore that wasn't going to happen again. My heart is in this one - this is for the people of Fairbanks. They were the ones that made the Pittsburgh Pirates airlift their team overnight from the border of the decrepit Allegheny River to the calming Tanana River.

A quiet rapping came to Daly's door.

"Come in,"

Coach, I'm ready to play the beisbol for the Miners," said a short, stout thick beast of a man.

"Who might you be? I thought we had our roster of players set?"

"The names Sheridan. Tank...er, Teddy. My friends call me Tank."

"Jesus, you're built like one." Daly couldn't help but stare at the stocky specimen that stood in his doorway, his rippling muscles poking through his Under Armour shirt.

"Dude, you gay? You're staring at me like I'm a piece of meat."

"No..uh, no. I swing from time to time."

Daly thought to himself, fuck this is awkward. If there was a way to kill this....

Another knock at the door. "Come in."

In walked the exact polar opposite of Sheridan. Meaning a giant of a man, with skin as dark as night. The large darker man spoke, given his English was extremely spotty, "my name is Juan Osmany Menendez Casablanca, Jr. I come to you from Cuba because of the beisbol. I known as el bocadillio gigante....large sandwich."

What in the blue blood fuck is this, Daly thought to himself. Instead of Miguel Cabrera, he gets the Giant Sandwich? Oh Good Lord.

Daly stood up from his desk, "So, you guys want to play the baseball? Get ready to work your asses off. Sweat, blood, tears. 6am lifting. 7am BP, 8am conditioning. 11am games, intersquads, everyday. You will grow to hate me but you will respect me."

"Mr. Daly? A word, please..."

"Now who the hell might you be? I've got the second coming of a freak show here."

"My name is Dave Johnson. They call me Super Dave. Now I know what you're thinking...I'm gonna jump off a motorcycle and stuff. But no. Me and my son, Charles Lucas, might be the only straight arrows you have on this team. We're looking just for that final chance to shine."

"Bout damn time some regular brains came in here. Good to meet you boys. Here's the freaks, Tank and the Giant Sandwich." Daly led the Johnson's over to meet Tank and the Giant Sandwich.

Suddenly what was an empty room was filled with players from all over the world. Daly's head was spinning by the end of the day as he met the nucleus of what could be the 2014 World Series champions. From Ecuadorian all-star Cristobal Huaranga, who mashed balls at a 9000 foot pedestal to Roger Murdoch, Jr (fuck, was he the offspring from the couple in the movie Airplane!?), Daly met all walks of life. Don Drain, who sucks up balls in the outfield. Or so he says. Ernie Heist...the name says it all. Better lock my shit up with a guy like that around here. But these guys are my team now. All 25 of them. And it's my job to lead them to gold, glory and women. In what order those things were to occur...well, only fate knew.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
My SP:
Name: Vladimir Petrov
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 208
Handedness: Left
Full beard
Birthplace: Yaroslavl, Russia

Born and raised in Russia, Vladimir moved to the USA to pursue a college education. While he was still learning English and was befuddled by American customs, his first roommate happened to be a baseball player and Vladimir fell in love with the game. In his words, "Baseball simple. I throw ball. I throw ball hard." Vladimir may not understand American culture, but his teammates are often amazed by Vladimir's resistance to cold and penchant for drinking copious amounts of vodka.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Projected Starting Lineup
SS Charles Lucas Johnson
1B Don Drain
C Teddy Sheridan
CF Ernie Heist
LF Roger Murdoch, Jr.
DH Starling Marte (bastard holdover from RL - McCutcheon DFAed)
RF Cristobal Huaranga
2B Mark Workman
DH Zech Renfro

Starting Rotation
SP Dave Johnson
SP Vladmir Petrov
SP Nikolai Krause
SP Robby Kloog
SP Jimmy Partee

Bullpen
RP Justin Wilson
RP. Gerrit Cole