• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Let's talk about Bish, babby

Void extension?

• Total voters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Remember that OU has no power so honestly he's not sure why people take him seriously.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also unanimously also meant I usually got tired of everyone and just passed rules I thought made sense that people still get mad at to this day. My last few seasons were mostly just trolls on that front, I mean I did do what I thought was good for the league but I did it in an authoritarian way instead of the democratic way we had earlier.

Then once I got everything how I wanted it, I said everything had to be unanimous so nothing would change :laughing:

I did promise to abstain to make it look fair, but there are few issues that the league would all agree on. It just so happens you had the holy grail and you blew it @Travis7401.

6E0NGIs.gif

NML

Also unanimously also meant I usually got tired of everyone and just passed rules I thought made sense that people still get mad at to this day. My last few seasons were mostly just trolls on that front, I mean I did do what I thought was good for the league but I did it in an authoritarian way instead of the democratic way we had earlier.

Then once I got everything how I wanted it, I said everything had to be unanimous so nothing would change :laughing:

I did promise to abstain to make it look fair, but there are few issues that the league would all agree on. It just so happens you had the holy grail and you blew it @Travis7401.

If it's a dictatorship, that's fine, but don't portray it like we have a say haha

NML

I did - you did what you thought was best for the league and then set a "unanimous" barrier on any new rules, basically making it impossible to pass anything new.

Even the changes, like Orlando pointed out, weren't unanimous but rather a few people wanting something and a commish agreeing and PASS!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I didn't blow anything. Doh has been officially voted league cunt.

but you had a chance at one of the few opportunities that would actually pass for real unanimously. Instead you opted for the shit storm, great personal victory for sure. You could have skipped that and not drove the league nuts and got something done that helped it.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
but you had a chance at one of the few opportunities that would actually pass for real unanimously. Instead you opted for the shit storm, great personal victory for sure. No doubt Thea is proud, but you could have skipped that and not drove the league nuts and got something done that helped it.

I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. If you want to make it personal and bring my wife into this, I suggest you take it to PMs if you got a problem.

I also didn't make this thread. I asked the 3 commissioners to deal with Doh someway and you declined and said "leave it up to the league" and you got ur shitstorm.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My bad, bad joke. I edited it out. Dry humor doesn't translate well in text based semi-tense simulation baseball discussions

Lloyd Carr

I did - you did what you thought was best for the league and then set a "unanimous" barrier on any new rules, basically making it impossible to pass anything new.

Even the changes, like Orlando pointed out, weren't unanimous but rather a few people wanting something and a commish agreeing and PASS!

There's very little reason to pass anything new. The league runs fine as is.

You're too ingrained in the MURRICA! trog cycle of passing endless laws and regulations. It doesn't work in real life, and it doesn't work in simulation baseball either. All you do by implementing ever increasing regulations and rules is piss off other people and create endless codes of conduct people have to be aware of, or else face some punitive punishment that merely fulfills your bloodlust rather than actually rectifies the situation.

If someone double trades picks, the two teams involved work together to rectify the situation. Typically, that ends with the violator being punished by having to give up more/better picks than initially agreed upon. I know it's hard to believe, but the free market actually does work.

reject the cycle

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
But I was involved in a double traded pick and was not compensated, so the situation was not rectified. Hell, ur lucky Doh decided to compensate you at all, apparently he could have told you to pound sand or offered you an 8th rounder like he did me.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
For real, don't drag people's spouses into this stupidity. That's completely uncalled for and if it's tolerated I'm out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
For real, don't drag people's spouses into this stupidity. That's completely uncalled for and if it's tolerated I'm out.

I bring my wife into the OOTP discussion as joke/schtick in the first place, so I kinda open that door. I understand OU's comment was not meant as I initially took it, so don't worry bout it.

TonyGin&Juice

This is Tony's morale line in the sand, huh?

OU didn't mean anything by it

No you fucking nincompoop there is ZERO REASON for some numbnuts moron like you to drag someone's spouse into this din of stupidity. I know you're not a member of the Mensa Select but if you can't see why that's a no-go you might want to stop breeding.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
we cool, lol.

But really that's my whole issue with how a lot of people operate here. Things like this are really why I looked for a way out and stepped back when osick and orlando gave me the chance. It isn't just you so while I am singling you out here I guess, it's just how people air grievances in general. Everyone goes the path of biggest shit storm even if there is a way to help the league going forward.

Yeah, doh seems aloof and like he doesn't care he messed up. It isn't that big of a deal though, it's only a big deal since it is the first time it's happened since you've been around and it involved you and one of your picks. But it's happened before and it'll happen again. If I was in doh's position I might have said my bad, but I'd have extended bish and not cared since we had a sort of unspoken way of handling it going way back. We always fixed it, the party who was traded bad assets always got a better deal. If you don't like how a situation has been handled, changing the last occurrence isn't the optimal way to go for the league. It's always been better to fix the problem going forward. Suggest a better alternative so there is a structure that we can follow, you're good at that. If you think the rules we have should be altered, go for it.

But you have to understand there are real reasons why we implemented those rules and see that side. You can abolish them if the league votes that way, but there will be consequences to that. Almost every rule is made from the stand point of stopping the GMs from gaming the AI in a ridiculous manner. I think I deleted all of the old UBL saves, but you should see how fucked that league was economically. That's why we created this league. The old one was so bad it was couldn't be fixed.

Howeva, as OOTP goes along a lot of those rules are getting less necessary due to them altering the player AI to not be such walnuts. Hopefully 17 gets further along in that regard.

Lloyd Carr

But I was involved in a double traded pick and was not compensated, so the situation was not rectified. Hell, ur lucky Doh decided to compensate you at all, apparently he could have told you to pound sand or offered you an 8th rounder like he did me.

You were involved in so much as your name was named. I never actually received your pick, so you never actually lost anything.

And had doh not compensated me at a level that met my expectations, bish would have been sent back to Buffalo. So we'd have talked back and forth deciding on what would be fair compensation, and I could either take what he was offering or I could just take bish back.

But I guess that opens the door to the fact that I had an offer out from Orlando. So if doh balked on compensating me and bish got returned, I just lost out on a trade with Orlando as well because I was misled into a deal with doh. Do I have recourse for that? Do I deserve compensation for that?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If he told Lloyd to pound sand, doh would have had some sort of punishment. I really don't get why you think you should be compensated.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No you fucking nincompoop there is ZERO REASON for some numbnuts moron like you to drag someone's spouse into this din of stupidity. I know you're not a member of the Mensa Select but if you can't see why that's a no-go you might want to stop breeding.

He jokes about it, I was joking about it to keep this from getting heated but i made the joke seem too serious. I've joked with him about thea and OOTP before, if he hadn't been open about joking about her I wouldn't do so.

TonyGin&Juice

He jokes about it, I was joking about it to keep this from getting heated but i made the joke seem too serious. I've joked with him about thea and OOTP before, if he hadn't been open about joking about her I wouldn't do so.

You two also seem to have more than a room temperature IQ, not everyone is going to make that connection.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If he told Lloyd to pound sand, doh would have had some sort of punishment. I really don't get why you think you should be compensated.

An apology or any sort of acknowledgement that it was a dick move would have been fine from the beginning and this wouldn't be an issue. Instead he's a cocky little fuck about it. He utilized one of my picks to gain a competitive advantage, why shouldn't I be compensated? If he keeps Bish based on an illegal trade (made at the deadline and without those picks he didn't own it wouldn't have gone through), the entire league is at a competitive disadvantage and should be compensated.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I still don't see a real reason why you should be compensated. You were unaffected by it other than whatever emotional damage you seemed to have had :laughing:

The trade was made right with the people that matter.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
An apology or any sort of acknowledgement that it was a dick move would have been fine from the beginning and this wouldn't be an issue. Instead he's a cocky little fuck about it. He utilized one of my picks to gain a competitive advantage, why shouldn't I be compensated? If he keeps Bish based on an illegal trade (made at the deadline and without those picks he didn't own it wouldn't have gone through), the entire league is at a competitive disadvantage and should be compensated.

Next draft I'll give everyone but doh an extra first round pick

Wooly

There's very little reason to pass anything new. The league runs fine as is.

You're too ingrained in the MURRICA! trog cycle of passing endless laws and regulations. It doesn't work in real life, and it doesn't work in simulation baseball either. All you do by implementing ever increasing regulations and rules is piss off other people and create endless codes of conduct people have to be aware of, or else face some punitive punishment that merely fulfills your bloodlust rather than actually rectifies the situation.

If someone double trades picks, the two teams involved work together to rectify the situation. Typically, that ends with the violator being punished by having to give up more/better picks than initially agreed upon. I know it's hard to believe, but the free market actually does work.

reject the cycle

In this case, nothing short of Bish going to FA is a fair conclusion. That gives everyone a shot at the best pitcher in the league, since he was obtained illegally. Sending some picks to a few other players is not adequate compensation. IIRC Travis wanted a fair shot at Bish too, but Doh got the trade using assets he didn't have, ironically those owned by Travis. Sending him a few picks after the fact is nothing compared to losing out on the player unfairly. The only way to make this right is to put Bish into FA and let the process be done again. Void the contract and do it over. It's not always possible to go back and correct something, I get that. This time it's actually pretty easy. Just put him back on the FA market and let it go from there.

A while back Travis posted, tongue in cheek perhaps, that he would now just start ignoring rules, since their is no punishment for breaking them. That is what this precedent starts. This situation is correctable, and if you don't correct it, why should anyone care about following the rules. Cheating will be worth it now knowing that the punishment will not include a correction to what you did, just a slap on the wrist and giving out a few worthless 5th rounds picks doesn't do anything.

Last edited: